News Walt Disney World recruiting a new Principal Fireworks Designer as a return of nighttime shows gets closer

MaryJaneP

Hard to social distance when everyone jams together because there is a limited location in which to view the fireworks. Think "Fantasy in the Sky" or "Wishes" as opposed to HEA or EF. It was great when the audio was separate and as much a creative element. As opposed to being forced to accompany the visual element. Good luck to whoever gets the job. It will be interesting to see whether independent thought is being sought or just a "yes" person.

TTA94

IMO we shouldn’t get to excited over this or think it means “Fireworks Return Imminent”. I’d love to think that’s the case, but this news kinda tells me a few things like this is for Harmonious, and if they are just now looking for a designer? That could indicate Harmonious doesn’t even have a fireworks design yet... If that’s true we may be waiting awhile to see the show. Two, this is for some type of HEA 50th show or tag they are wanting to hire someone for, which technically they still have time for that, or three they already have a team of designers and this is to simply help out because one of the pre covid designers moved on.

ToTBellHop

IMO we shouldn’t get to excited over this or think it means “Fireworks Return Imminent”. I’d love to think that’s the case, but this news kinda tells me a few things like this is for Harmonious, and if they are just now looking for a designer? That could indicate Harmonious doesn’t even have a fireworks design yet... If that’s true we may be waiting awhile to see the show. Two, this is for some type of HEA 50th show or tag they are wanting to hire someone for, which technically they still have time for that, or three they already have a team of designers and this is to simply help out because one of the pre covid designers moved on.
Fireworks will return sooner with someone in this role than with it vacant.

ToTBellHop

Hiring and on boarding a senior person like this could take 2 months or more.

I’d read this to suggest:
1. Fireworks are returning some day.
2. That day isn’t very close. Probably a minimum of 3-4 months away, likely more like 6+ months. (So maybe for 10/1. But less likely for July 4th)
I would agree with that assessment. Of course, Fantasmic! could return in May if they wanted it to. And it is easy to do with social distancing. The only obstacle is cost (for the company).

MaryJaneP

It sounds like "principal fireworks designer" for WDW, really means principal explosives timing expert since everything else is already a closed decision. If this is for Harmonius, why have the ugly barges in the water of WS prior to decisions being made on what is needed?

raymusiccity

Hiring and on boarding a senior person like this could take 2 months or more.

I’d read this to suggest:
1. Fireworks are returning some day.
2. That day isn’t very close. Probably a minimum of 3-4 months away, likely more like 6+ months. (So maybe for 10/1. But less likely for July 4th)

Just go ahead and hire anyone from the Grucci family. They even had an early Disney connection in Pleasure Island.
Grucci has quite an amazing list of accomplishments!

Seven consecutive U.S. Presidential inaugurations beginning with Ronald Reagan;
Statue of Liberty Centennial (1986);
Brooklyn Bridge Centennial;
Olympic Games in Lake Placid, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Beijing, and more;
World's Fairs in Knoxville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Los Angeles and Taejon, Korea
Dubai 2014 fireworks display, a Guinness world record. Including 479,651 shells fired in just six minutes on New Year's Eve, at a rate of almost 80K shells per minute and 1,332 fireworks per second!!
😄

jrhwdw

Granted, IDK a thing about the Fireworks Business at WDW so.....What happen to the person who had this Job before COVID? Who oversaw the pryo tests at MK/Epcot the past months? What park is this for or is it Resort wide?

I figured MK's team was still hired but idle. Epcot's team is obviously working on getting Harm. ready so this is curious to me.

SpectroMan93

So does this somewhat confirm that HEA will be receiving a 50th tag? I would assume the fireworks design for Harmonious has already been set by now.

jrhwdw

I would agree with that assessment. Of course, Fantasmic! could return in May if they wanted it to. And it is easy to do with social distancing. The only obstacle is cost (for the company).
Plus F! at both DL/DHS never had a July 4th Tag so, that wouldn't draw a July 4th crowd size(if we're still worried about crowd size on July 4th..)

TrainsOfDisney

Plus F! at both DL/DHS never had a July 4th Tag so, that wouldn't draw a July 4th crowd size(if we're still worried about crowd size on July 4th..)
Off topic side note.... world of color had a really impressive July 4th tag with a surprising amount of pyro. Of course I watched it and then tried to get into Main Street to watch fireworks there... I had a great view.... of a tree. :p

TTA94

What about EF and HEA? Since those do not require designing? Harmonious though likely not until October or Holiday season along with the HEA tag since those would require that position to be filled?

ToTBellHop

What about EF and HEA? Since those do not require designing? Harmonious though likely not until October or Holiday season along with the HEA tag since those would require that position to be filled?
I’m only speaking to F! because it has a clear social distancing protocol. They are not, as of yet, ready to commit to a plan for fireworks out in the open.

jrhwdw

I know Martin said no Fireworks...yet on 10/1 last week, But I would think if it's Safe...WDW would push for HEA 50th to open on 10/1. There's nothing 50th(I'm guessing. Heck! Who knows if there's any Epcot in it!)in Harm. So, that doesn't HAVE to be 10/1.

Of course all we know officially from TDO is WDW turns 50 and Rat opens at Epcot 10/1!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom