Where’s the best food in Magic Kingdom

Daily Magic

Original Poster
I struggled over the thread title because I wanted to ask “where is the good food in Magic Kingdom?”

I often look at Epcot and feel so much good food is wasted between the countries and the festival booths. Animal Kingdom definitely has some good variety and Hollywood Studios is slowly making a name for itself with a few good food locations. Magic Kingdom is just the park that I never seem to want any of the food at. It’s basic theme park food and generally has little variety. My wife and I now leave the park to hit a monorail resort to eat lunch or dinner bc there are so many better food options nearby outside the park.

That said, I want to give MK another chance and I’m open to suggestions. What is your favorite places to eat at MK and what food items have you found that are surprisingly good in the park?

JIMINYCR

MK has never been known for having outstanding dining spots. Our once favorite, BoG has slipped off our list. We now target the Liberty Tree Tavern, Columbia Harbour house and Skipper Canteen. All three spots pale in quality compared to dining choices at other parks but are the best you can get at MK. I cant really say any menu holds an item thats stands out as surprisingly good.
But my choices run to ...
LTT, Turkey, pork, roast platter. Skippers, Thai Noodles. Columbia Harbour House... Chicken pot pie and Clam Chowder.

danyoung56

I have no problem finding decent food in the MK. If I'm in a hurry, the fish and shrimp platter at Columbia Harbor House or a tasty burger while enjoying Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's will do nicely. If I'm more in the mood for a sit-down, then the pot roast from Liberty Tree Tavern, the strip steak from Skipper Canteen, or a reuben sandwich from the Plaza Inn are all great choices.

Shouldigo12

I have no problem finding decent food in the MK. If I'm in a hurry, the fish and shrimp platter at Columbia Harbor House or a tasty burger while enjoying Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's will do nicely. If I'm more in the mood for a sit-down, then the pot roast from Liberty Tree Tavern, the strip steak from Skipper Canteen, or a reuben sandwich from the Plaza Inn are all great choices.
I agree. For me it's not so much that there's no decent food, there just isn't much there that's...exciting? I'm not sure if that's the right word but it's all very basic. Even the snacks are just some basic treats either shaped like Mickey or with a mickey sprinkle thrown on somewhere. It's all fine, but when you compare most MK restaurants with places like Sunshine Seasons, Raglan Road, Chefs de France, or Yak and Yeti is when it starts looking more blah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom