The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Obviously to take down the 50th branding. I'm very interested in how they'll "refresh" Abu, then:

View attachment 743901

or Jaq and Gus

View attachment 743902
You’re welcome. 😉

IMG_4498.jpeg

Bocabear

I don't mind them staying, I just think unless the repainting is necessary because they are in bad shape, then sure, repaint them, but don't change the color just because the 50th promo is over... The park has hit it's 50th milestone... that is wonderful and doesn't necessarily need to go away. The statues are fine in gold....
I would rather that budget go to repainting the castle and removing it's "Sunburn Pink"... That is more of a reminder of the 50th than gold painted statues....

Sir_Cliff

Today was the end of Disneyland Paris' 30th anniversary celebration, which provided another stark comparison with WDW's 50th in that they gave it a very big send off and it looks like the crowds showed up to celebrate. It seemed like they started packing up WDW's 50th before it even finished!

One nice touch was a short extra tag after the Disney Dream's fireworks show to farewell the celebration:

Squishy

Today was the end of Disneyland Paris' 30th anniversary celebration, which provided another stark comparison with WDW's 50th in that they gave it a very big send off and it looks like the crowds showed up to celebrate. It seemed like they started packing up WDW's 50th before it even finished!

One nice touch was a short extra tag after the Disney Dream's fireworks show to farewell the celebration:

WDW is currently planning the Diamond celebration just for the plans to get all budget cut last minute

TTA94

If only MK could have drones 🙄.

SpectroMan93

After visiting this past June, it was very apparent how much more heartfelt and vibrant Disneyland Paris’ 30th was than Walt Disney World’s 50th. Paris did an incredible job at centering the celebration on meaningful experiences for their guests. I’ve never experienced so much joy at a park as I had watching Dream and Shine Brighter. And Disney D-Light was just pure magic. Paris felt grateful and genuinely appreciative of the guests that have entered the gates over the last 30 years. Disney World made it very apparent that they just wanted our money.

Sir_Cliff

After visiting this past June, it was very apparent how much more heartfelt and vibrant Disneyland Paris’ 30th was than Walt Disney World’s 50th. Paris did an incredible job at centering the celebration on meaningful experiences for their guests. I’ve never experienced so much joy at a park as I had watching Dream and Shine Brighter. And Disney D-Light was just pure magic. Paris felt grateful and genuinely appreciative of the guests that have entered the gates over the last 30 years. Disney World made it very apparent that they just wanted our money.
Definitely had the same impression. I'm kind of curious to understand what made Dream and Shine Brighter hit just the right spot. I'm normally not a big fan of the castle shows featuring the characters, but this one just felt like pure joy. I suppose a lot of credit needs to go to the performers, who were fantastic.

LittleBuford

Definitely had the same impression. I'm kind of curious to understand what made Dream and Shine Brighter hit just the right spot. I'm normally not a big fan of the castle shows featuring the characters, but this one just felt like pure joy. I suppose a lot of credit needs to go to the performers, who were fantastic.
I loved it! Watched it three times during my trip this summer.

Brian

This special was produced by Fox 35, the Orlando Fox affiliate, for the 50th anniversary, and was recently posted to YouTube. I wanted to share since it has an inside look at the costuming 'vault' where costumes from past and present (and even in some cases, future) are stored, how the land for WDW was acquired and an interview with the daughter of one of the landowners, and an interview with three opening day cast members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom