Magic Kingdom firework testing scheduled but not a sign of imminent return of shows

techgeek

Correct me if I’m wrong. Looks to be some new effects/ color combinations tested last night from what I can ever recall seeing in a show at WDW. This series of shots looks to include two different shells that include ghost effects and one effect included a pattern shell of a spiral.

View attachment 519320
Note: Photo taken as a screen capture from video found on YouTube.

If you watch videos of shows from elsewhere in the world, there’s been a whole lot of innovation in fireworks shells the few years. Since most Disney shows stick to their original relatively older pyro designs, we don’t often get to see the latest and greatest until it gets worked into a new production.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Correct me if I’m wrong. Looks to be some new effects/ color combinations tested last night from what I can ever recall seeing in a show at WDW. This series of shots looks to include two different shells that include ghost effects and one effect included a pattern shell of a spiral.

View attachment 519320
Note: Photo taken as a screen capture from video found on YouTube.
Nothing new I don’t think

Giss Neric

If you watch videos of shows from elsewhere in the world, there’s been a whole lot of innovation in fireworks shells the few years. Since most Disney shows stick to their original relatively older pyro designs, we don’t often get to see the latest and greatest until it gets worked into a new production.
Add to that the limitations on the diameter of fireworks allowed. They do compensate with the amount though.

Disone

One of the fun things about watching illuminations as many times as I had watched it as I could tell when they made changes. Sometimes changes were done permanently other times I assume they were done because the firework they wanted to use just wasn't in the available inventory. Other times it was more drastic like one of the four barges just not launching fireworks. During the entire show. Whether intentional or a technical difficulty I'll never know and will always guess . It was always fun to watch for little tweaks and changes.

Same for HEA.

TrainsOfDisney

There were times you’d see leftover shells from Halloween / Christmas parties in the regular wishes show. They would also try out different pyro from time to time. For a while they were doing air launched comets in wishes but then they went back to the traditional ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom