Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

JohnD

Wow. Spice Road is now a walk-up snack bar? Disney doesn’t realize that people will now buy an $8 snack and camp out for three hours to see the Monster Taco Show?

Well, Tangerine Cafe isn't open right now. It will probably revert to table service when and if Tangerine should re-open as counter service.

dreamfinder

Is it special or difficult to procure Canadian merchandise?

That's the issue with any/all of the countries. Trying to find merchandise that people look at an think "Oh, this came from a different place." In our modern global world, it's getting much harder. When I take (or at least used to take) business trips around the world, one of the hardest things to do was to find something to bring back to people as a souvenir that didn't look like it could have come from the local store just with a different language on the wrapper.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Look - don't get me wrong... I love Mediterranean food. All these dishes sound wonderful, and I'll likely try them when I'm in Epcot next.

But don't bless the tzatziki and tell me I'm in Africa.

LittleBuford

Look - don't get me wrong... I love Mediterranean food. All these dishes sound wonderful, and I'll likely try them when I'm in Epcot next.

But don't bless the tzatziki and tell me I'm in Africa.
Egypt has zabadi, which is a version of tzaziki, but that’s at the other end of North Africa. There’s nothing particularly Moroccan about either the previous menu or the current one.

Flynnwriter

That's the issue with any/all of the countries. Trying to find merchandise that people look at an think "Oh, this came from a different place." In our modern global world, it's getting much harder. When I take (or at least used to take) business trips around the world, one of the hardest things to do was to find something to bring back to people as a souvenir that didn't look like it could have come from the local store just with a different language on the wrapper.
Disagree. I travel all the time. Each country has a wealth of specific merchandise that would appeal to the Epcot shopper AND support the culture of each country. Disney World retail has been homogenized and made to resemble a KOHLS. Chapek wants to dumb down and simplify retail so there are less items and everything supports an IP. This is a disaster for the park stores.

UNCgolf

It's still just lounge food. They haven't even opened up full meal kitchens yet.

When they open Marrakesh and they serve French fries, I'll pick up my pitchfork and join your mob.

I wasn't complaining -- Disney is serving the same type of food Spice Road Table served under the previous management. Can't blame them for making a negative change because there hasn't really been a change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom