Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

UNCgolf

no doubt its all going to be generic disney ick ran by merch services with everything you can find everywhere else on property and nothing from Morocco anymore. It was one of the last things left at Epcot that still held true to the original intent. Disney will make darn sure it wont from here on out sadly.

I could see it ending up like the Canada pavilion where they close some of the existing shop space and what's still open mainly sells generic merchandise with Morocco or something that signifies Morocco slapped on it (like the maple leaf in Canada).

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I could see it ending up like the Canada pavilion where they close some of the existing shop space and what's still open mainly sells generic merchandise with Morocco or something that signifies Morocco slapped on it (like the maple leaf in Canada).
When I worked in Canada I fought endlessly to get the boutique reopened, but nobody was interested in spending any money on it. It’s sad because it could probably be ready to reopen in a weekend, it just needs new carpet and some dusting. I hope Morocco doesn’t suffer the same fate but I predict Marrakesh becoming a seasonal restaurant with menu items borrowed from DAK when needed.

twilight mitsuk

When I worked in Canada I fought endlessly to get the boutique reopened, but nobody was interested in spending any money on it. It’s sad because it could probably be ready to reopen in a weekend, it just needs new carpet and some dusting. I hope Morocco doesn’t suffer the same fate but I predict Marrakesh becoming a seasonal restaurant with menu items borrowed from DAK when needed.
Or character dining

Lilofan

I remember visiting Morocco at Epcot shortly after 9/11/01. There was an obvious security presence around the pavilion in case of probably any disturbances that could happen.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
The other site has pictures from today showing all the shops inside the main pavilion closed up with themed rugs/blankets covering all the windows. I’m afraid these shops are all about to suffer the fate of upstairs Canada

JoeCamel

The other site has pictures from today showing all the shops inside the main pavilion closed up with themed rugs/blankets covering all the windows. I’m afraid these shops are all about to suffer the fate of upstairs Canada
Maybe those are the new construction walls while the interior is transformed into the "World of Disney"?

LittleBuford

I think Morocco, Japan, and China have better Merch. Yes.
Japan I agree with. I found the merchandise in Morocco pretty generic “bazaar” fare.

I don’t think most people are able to distinguish those pavilions that are run by Disney from those that aren’t, which leads me to think that some here are worrying prematurely. And again, what was Disney to do? They didn’t bring this situation about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom