News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because that doesn't fit The Narrative(TM). The Narrative(TM) is that the only hope you have of riding a new attraction is to wake up at 5am, start refreshing the MDX app every five seconds at 6:30am, be connected to gig speed internet on an iPhone 14 Pro, and pray to the Almighty that His favor shines upon you.
May the Lord prosper the work of our fingers.

harry58

RotR hasn’t fully worked in at least a year.
I've ridden rise 4 times, the first time just before the covid lock down. That was the ONLY time that the Kylo animatronic worked. The most recent time was 2 weeks ago... beside kylo not working, the laser cutting into the elevator did not work, the final appearance of Beck did not work. So I agree, ride, while not shutting down as much, is not fully operational.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I've ridden rise 4 times, the first time just before the covid lock down. That was the ONLY time that the Kylo animatronic worked. The most recent time was 2 weeks ago... beside kylo not working, the laser cutting into the elevator did not work, the final appearance of Beck did not work. So I agree, ride, while not shutting down as much, is not fully operational.
that is so sad to hear! And, to add to that, a friend recently visited and he was very disappointed with the CMs in the queue. They did not sound like they were in character as much as when the ride opened (which is when I went on it).

harry58

that is so sad to hear! And, to add to that, a friend recently visited and he was very disappointed with the CMs in the queue. They did not sound like they were in character as much as when the ride opened (which is when I went on it).
agree the ones from the time you get off the transport until you are locked in the cell have lost all sense of character, when they were a highlife before.

Rteetz

Kylo is hit or miss. In April for me he didn’t work. The guns haven’t worked at all in over a year at least.

SamusAranX

Kylo worked, the laser cutting worked. I’m a bit confused about what is meant on Beck, but that was only my second ride through. What am I missing that couldn’t have possibly worked?

harry58

Kylo worked, the laser cutting worked. I’m a bit confused about what is meant on Beck, but that was only my second ride through. What am I missing that couldn’t have possibly worked?
thats great! there are 2 laser cuttings... one in the cell and one in the elevator they both worked? and as to Beck He is obviously on the transport, but he is also in a booth at the very end. It is the one at the end that did not work

SamusAranX

thats great! there are 2 laser cuttings... one in the cell and one in the elevator they both worked? and as to Beck He is obviously on the transport, but he is also in a booth at the very end. It is the one at the end that did not work
Yes both laser cuttings worked. Can’t remember if second Beck worked

DCBaker

Premium Member
When the changes were announced that date-based tickets would no longer need a park reservation beginning January 9, 2024, there were some questions if there would be any changes to Park Hopping as Disney wasn't specific in the announcement.

Today, Disney has clarified this by adding the following in bold in regards to Park Hopping (and as always, this can change).

"With the updated Park Hopper experience, Guests must make a theme park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another. At this time, a theme park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Beginning January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. After Guests enter the first park, Guests will be able to visit the next park starting at 2:00 PM until each park’s regularly scheduled closure."

jpeden

In the Parks
No
When the changes were announced that date-based tickets would no longer need a park reservation beginning January 9, 2024, there were some questions if there would be any changes to Park Hopping as Disney wasn't specific in the announcement.

Today, Disney has clarified this by adding the following in bold in regards to Park Hopping (and as always, this can change).

"With the updated Park Hopper experience, Guests must make a theme park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another. At this time, a theme park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Beginning January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. After Guests enter the first park, Guests will be able to visit the next park starting at 2:00 PM until each park’s regularly scheduled closure."

The fact that they’re still limiting hopping to 2PM while Disneyland has been 11AM for three+ months now is ridiculous. This angers me more than any other change - it forces you to waste time in AK and DHS or at your hotel. For us with small kids it means we use that as nap time instead of being in the park spending more time and most likely more money during that period.

Disstevefan1

Question out to all.

Does anyone have a link to the official Disney website officially stating about not needing a PPR after 2PM for Annual passholders?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Question out to all.

Does anyone have a link to the official Disney website officially stating about not needing a PPR after 2PM for Annual passholders?

Here you go.

"Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park. Applicable pass blockout dates apply. Annual Passes are subject to the Walt Disney World Resort Annual Pass Terms and Conditions and are subject to change without notice."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s an incredible time to be a part of the Walt Disney World Annual Passholder program as we’ve taken the feedback we received from Annual Passholders and are making exciting changes. Passholders now receive access to select Disney PhotoPass benefits (age restrictions apply) and, beginning April 18, Annual Passholders can visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockout dates continue to apply. Passholders, if you’re planning on visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios any time soon, I recommend you try out the new Disney PhotoPass Muppet*Vision 3D Lens – it’s a lot of fun!​

Disstevefan1

Here you go.

"Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park. Applicable pass blockout dates apply. Annual Passes are subject to the Walt Disney World Resort Annual Pass Terms and Conditions and are subject to change without notice."

More stupid questions by me in regard to the After 2PM rule.

Is a human involved in enforcing the 2PM rule, or you just tap at the tap at the tap point put your finger on the thing at the entrance and the system knows you are an AP and its after 2PM, and you get the green and you go in?

EPCOT-O.G.

The turbolasers say otherwise.
Having experienced these in January ‘20, now I know how lucky those of you are that got to see the fully working Yeti in the early days of EE.

I feel like WDW has no incentive to truly fix this element at this point, or take the ride offline long enough to get to the bottom of this.

(I wonder - does the reliable revenue from an ILL make it less likely Disney will take a ride offline for needed refurbishment?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom