Coronavirus and Disneyland Paris

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Don’t forget that your payment was made when people were working in an office that was set up for the processes/tasks that they were meant to perform, and the refund is being processed when most people are working from home and consequently many tasks are much more time consuming, or, in some instances, can’t be performed at home or only by certain people having certain security connections to servers. And in many companies those that are allowed to go in to their place of business are overwhelmed by the volume of work as they are not only doing their own job but all the other tasks that must get done while physically in the building for those who don’t have access. So no, in today’s context it isn’t “reasonably easy” to process a refund.

I haven't forgotten - it was made at the beginning of the year (and they've had the benefit of using it since).

I work with major corporations in the same boat that have somehow managed to process refunds for their customers. I've been working 7 days a week and often until midnight to help out my own clients. It's tough right now and those who can are working in overdrive. I'd understand 30 days given the circumstances. But 60 days (and counting)?? Other parts of my trip have managed to give me my money back. In contrast with Disney, several hotels and ticket locations had refunds to me within 3 days. Same country, same lockdowns. A refund from an unrelated resort trip (weeks later) that is at least the size of (or bigger) than DLP processed my refund within 24 hours. They're also locked down with remote workers.

At its heart this is not solely a pandemic issue. Pre-trip it was extremely difficult to book Disneyland Paris restaurant times. Logging into the site meant that more than half of the time it forgot my reservation and I had to re-enter my reservation code or log back in. Much of the booking interaction had to be performed over the phone at international rates with insane hold times (in my case, over $200's worth). In fact, the payment processing was the only part of the entire reservation that was"business as usual." Everything else was disappointingly--and frustratingly--cumbersome.

The refund is the latest frustration, only this time I'm out a significant amount of money at a time when I'd really like to have it with only a random email's suggestion that I'll get it back. Sigh... I'm venting because it's all so disappointing and frustrating. For all the effort I've gone through it would have been nice to have at least seen the Park!

monykalyn

A call and two emails from DLP and still no refund or voucher despite promises. At I’m only out a deposit, but the promise with the voucher was same deal with no cost increase. Was supposed to be there last week

Stevie Amsterdam

A call and two emails from DLP and still no refund or voucher despite promises. At I’m only out a deposit, but the promise with the voucher was same deal with no cost increase. Was supposed to be there last week
Can you not charge it back through your bank, if paid by credit card?

monykalyn

Can you not charge it back through your bank, if paid by credit card?
Yes I could and will if no response by end of month. That gives them a couple weeks past reservation date. However the voucher was supposed to be for the same package I booked at no extra expense - and I haven’t really looked to see if it’s more or less for the time frame next year. If it’s not any more I’ll be more likely to go the CC route...it’s taken a couple weeks past my original fly date for the airline to acknowledge the refund should be processed soon. That’s a much larger chunk of money than DLP deposit too. I’m giving them some time but patience is running out.

Stevie Amsterdam

Yes I could and will if no response by end of month. That gives them a couple weeks past reservation date. However the voucher was supposed to be for the same package I booked at no extra expense - and I haven’t really looked to see if it’s more or less for the time frame next year. If it’s not any more I’ll be more likely to go the CC route...it’s taken a couple weeks past my original fly date for the airline to acknowledge the refund should be processed soon. That’s a much larger chunk of money than DLP deposit too. I’m giving them some time but patience is running out.
I understand that and it must be frustrating. Just try not to worry, you will get your money back one way or the other, which at the end of the day is all that matters. Here’s to hoping that they wil help you rather sooner than later! 🤞

wdrive

Golf Disneyland Paris is reopening this Saturday.

Seemed odd to me at first but the more I think about it the more it seems to make sense. I can’t see it costing too much tovget it up and running.

wdrive

It was announced yesterday by the French Prime Minister that theme parks in the Paris region can reopen from June 22nd. Disneyland Paris has not announced a reopening date however.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
It was announced yesterday by the French Prime Minister that theme parks in the Paris region can reopen from June 22nd. Disneyland Paris has not announced a reopening date however.

I'm assuming they're keeping a close eye on WDW's reopening in July as their standard for reopening. Although, I predict DLP will reopen late July or even early August. I don't think the current I.T. systems Paris has will be able to handle the new reservations system Disney specifically developed for this situation.

Qscout

Restaurants in the area still can’t fully open, I’d presume we’d see that return to normal before the parks get close to open

I can't see how disneyland paris will cope with not being able to have restaurants open. I feel that compared to WDW, the number of dining opportunities and variety doesn't lend itself to social distancing at all. There also isn't much option off site either compared to WDW for people to go to get something to eat.

DLP's restaurants are heavily based on a model of a small number of large dining and buffet styles, rather than larger number of smaller venues. In my opinion this is something that could do with changing anyway as the dining in DLP is much to be desired as it is. It is woeful compared to WDW, and this in a country that prides itself on its food.

Sir_Cliff

I can't see how disneyland paris will cope with not being able to have restaurants open. I feel that compared to WDW, the number of dining opportunities and variety doesn't lend itself to social distancing at all. There also isn't much option off site either compared to WDW for people to go to get something to eat.

DLP's restaurants are heavily based on a model of a small number of large dining and buffet styles, rather than larger number of smaller venues. In my opinion this is something that could do with changing anyway as the dining in DLP is much to be desired as it is. It is woeful compared to WDW, and this in a country that prides itself on its food.
For a start, this could force them to actually open all their restaurants.

cjkeating

From what I have seen online discussions should conclude tomorrow regarding reopening.

Assuming they don't want to announce reopening going into the weekend this may pave the way for an announcement next week.

Michelle2411

Disneyland Paris will be reopening both parks on July 15th along with Newport Bay and Disney Village. Cheyenne will reopen July 20th, Santa Fe August 3rd and Disneyland Hotel September 7th. No opening dates for the other hotels yet.
Guests aged 11 up will be required to wear a face covering.
No Stars on Parade or Illuminations (as expected) however Jungle Book Jive and Rhythm of the Pride Lands will return later this summer.
In the article it states that advanced ticketing and reservations will be required - the system will go online early July.

Last edited:

IMDREW

I hope they'll give a large window of a few months to reserve a parkday for annual pass holders. Many will need to fix transportation and hotels for a trip to DLP. If they only give a few weeks it might be too difficult to arrange a trip. Fingers crossed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom