Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Another thing, we really haven’t heard much about the musical component of this attraction...it is a musical right?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Oh, there's a song as well? I vaguely remember hearing about that, now that you mention it. I think that was back around ... D23 2017?

Yeah, this has a theme song, like small world. Apparently the ride is a musical...the song is called “Nothing is going to stop us now”

If you want an example of how these shorts use music here is a prime example and one of my favorites I used this example before but it really is perfect:

Oh, and credit to Mickey Mouse on YT (that was weird to type).

Magenta Panther

Sounds like this might be everything everyone hoped for!

happy mickey.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds like this might be everything everyone hoped for!
If it were elsewhere maybe.

More from someone I trust; Great preshow and load. After which the ride was fun but an anticlimax. Would ride again though. The much touted 2.5D visuals were a letdown and seem to be more of a public relations stunt. I’ll let others discuss exactly what is done visually. Fun ride, but not as good or enjoyable as what it replaced.

britain

If it were elsewhere maybe.

More from someone I trust; Great preshow and load. After which the ride was fun but an anticlimax. Would ride again though. The much touted 2.5D visuals were a letdown and seem to be more of a public relations stunt. I’ll let others discuss exactly what is done visually. Fun ride, but not as good or enjoyable as what it replaced.

I’m going to make a controversial hypothetical: Let’s say GMR was replaced with Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. One could say Toad wouldn’t be “as good” but it would definitely be more fun and a more enjoyable offering. Setting aside the “they could have had both” argument, if they had this opportunity to replace GMR with a more fun ride, how could that be bad? It could be bad if it broke theme, but fortunately MMRR is more appropriate for the spot than Toad.

yensidtlaw1969

I’m going to make a controversial hypothetical: Let’s say GMR was replaced with Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. One could say Toad wouldn’t be “as good” but it would definitely be more fun and a more enjoyable offering. Setting aside the “they could have had both” argument, if they had this opportunity to replace GMR with a more fun ride, how could that be bad? It could be bad if it broke theme, but fortunately MMRR is more appropriate for the spot than Toad.
I know you've got a $50 gift card for Sunglass Hut that you just don't see yourself using - I've got one for the Disney Store that has $12.81 left! Wanna trade?

Even if you get something objectively more fun out of the deal (and I do believe that fun is a cornerstone of the Theme Park experience), if it's not an equal exchange then the balance is off.

If a ride need be replaced - and I would argue that the case for that in WDW is, like, SUPER minimal - its replacement should at least offer similar value to the guest experience, even if that value is different. Otherwise you should just update the existing attraction, one of the very great advantages of this medium over other forms of entertainment.

If they wanted us to set aside the "we could have had both" argument, then they should have done it for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom