Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020

Hawg G

Can we add a fact check feature on this site?

What do you consider “facts”?

Should HHN be cancelled because the 80 and up crowd has Covid?

DarkMetroid567

Governors with highest COVID-19 increases in the nation tell us it's totally not really happening.

SoFloMagic

I consider facts to be things that are consensus among experts in a given field. Governors are not doctors or health researchers, they're politicians.

And yeah, maybe they should cancel it if they can't figure out a way to do it safely. The 80+ crowd has covid because the under-40 crowd gives it to them.

JohnD

I consider facts to be things that are consensus among experts in a given field. Governors are not doctors or health researchers, they're politicians.

And yeah, maybe they should cancel it if they can't figure out a way to do it safely. The 80+ crowd has covid because the under-40 crowd gives it to them.

Can someone tell me how we know someone has COVID without testing? Sure there are symptoms. But do you really know it's COVID unless tested? More testing means more diagnosed COVID cases. Doesn't meant there aren't undiagnosed COVID cases. Obviously there are -- until tested. It's not complicated folks.

SoFloMagic

Can someone tell me how we know someone has COVID without testing? Sure there are symptoms. But do you really know it's COVID unless tested? More testing means more diagnosed COVID cases. Doesn't meant there aren't undiagnosed COVID cases. Obviously there are -- until tested. It's not complicated folks.
Again, politicians are not doctors.
More testing with a smaller % positive would be great news, and would prove the governor correct (casting a wider net and finding the same cases) . Our % is going up though (that net keeps filling up more and more).

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on this. I'll stand with science.

MagicWDI

More testing doesn't explain the increase in Covid hospitalizations.

MissViv

The numbers are going up because more things are opening and more and more people are getting out. It will get worse!

There is talk that MVMCP's will also be cancelled this year.

Hawg G

More testing with a smaller % positive would be great news, and would prove the governor correct (casting a wider net and finding the same cases) . Our % is going up though (that net keeps filling up more and more).

Many state health managers aren’t doctors either. Or like in PA the loon is a pediatrician. Even Fauci has said things completely against his statements made before Coronavirus.

We were to flatten the curve. We were NOT to destroy the economy in an effort to maybe reduce the number of deaths. The area under the curve was going to be the same.

And, if you’re paying attention it’s oretty clear the 80 year olds are giving it to each other in old folks homes.

MissViv

Many state health managers aren’t doctors either. Or like in PA the loon is a pediatrician. Even Fauci has said things completely against his statements made before Coronavirus.

We were to flatten the curve. We were NOT to destroy the economy in an effort to maybe reduce the number of deaths. The area under the curve was going to be the same.

And, if you’re paying attention it’s oretty clear the 80 year olds are giving it to each other in old folks homes.

The range of the people testing positive in FL are 18 to 30 year olds. That is people starting to get out and about, a lot of the seniors are still playing it safe by staying close to home.

Herdman

The range of the people testing positive in FL are 18 to 30 year olds. That is people starting to get out and about, a lot of the seniors are still playing it safe by staying close to home.
I think that's what you are seeing around the country. Kids taking senior trips and otherwise that generation taking the whole virus thing just a little too lightly.

Gillyanne

So steering this back towards MNSSHP...

Has anyone heard any updates as to when the refunds may start? I know it's a small grain of sand in a huge beach of things going on at WDW... I paid with a GC and the email states that will be refunded on a new Electronic GC, so I just want to make sure I don't overlook it/mistake it for junk....

phillip9698

Fun fact, the younger people are the ones catching the disease at the highest rates, its the old people who are dying.

JohnD

Science is diagnosing a someone with COVID. You don't know someone has COVID until tested. Therefore, when tested, numbers go up. There is no other way to diagnose COVID. Doctor's are currently seeing a lot more asymptomic cases. How do they know? Testing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Science is diagnosing a someone with COVID. You don't know someone has COVID until tested. Therefore, when tested, numbers go up. There is no other way to diagnose COVID. Doctor's are currently seeing a lot more asymptomic cases. How do they know? Testing.

That's why we also look at percent positive. If 10% of the population has COVID, then when you test a portion of them, you'll find that 10% are positive. If you test even more, you'll find that 10% are positive. If you test even more, you'll find that 10% are positive. If you test even more, you'll find that 10% are positive.

We also see states where when testing goes up, the total numbers are still going down.

We also see in states like FL that at times when testing has gone up, the number of cases have sometimes gone up, and sometimes gone down. Conversely, at times that testing has down, the number of cases have sometimes gone up, and sometimes gone down.

That pretty much proves, by the fact that it exists, that the number of positive cases is not strictly correlated to the number of tests.

The governors of both FL and AZ have said that their increased positive cases is NOT a result of more testing. Oh, and also all medical experts, too.

BigDlover

In the last 2 years that I went to MNSSHP they packed people in like sardines so I can see how that would be unsafe during a pandemic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe they could just have that stuff as part of the regular admission during the fall (next year). Why not Christmas too? Give guests their money's worth instead of having them pay for shorter hours three or four nights of the week for four months out of the year. Wouldn't that be something?
That’s the best joke I heard all day 🤪

fngoofy

The number is going up because more testing is being rolled out. Would you rather the number be lower without testing? Doesn't mean people don't have COVID. It would just mean they're not tested and not counted.
while there is increased testing, that doesn't account for all of the new cases and the increased hospitalization.
the public is not following physical distancing and mask wearing. Counties are now mandating masks, and are trying to get a handle on things, but have yet to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
while there is increased testing, that doesn't account for all of the new cases and the increased hospitalization.
the public is not following physical distancing and mask wearing. Counties are now mandating masks, and are trying to get a handle on things, but have yet to.
The fact that local/state officials are “trying to get a handle” on something that erupted in early March is inexcusable...

National failure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom