News Magic Kingdom & TTC Entrance/Parking Improvements

Kman101

The TTC has been on a "bare minimum" for many years now, and like you, I was hoping there may have been a course shift with this round of updates. It does seem though that the bar has now gone even lower.

Such a shame. Maybe one day they circle back around and do some better improvements.

Kman101

During rainstorms the covered areas would quickly fill with people so if they added them they would have to cover a very large area. But yeah, they would be a great addition. This is also a great benefit of parking garages such as at Universal.

I too appreciate Universal. And also with what Disneyland did having their tram load and unload covered. Gee, what a novel concept ... you mean, it can be done? LOL. I get these things aren't a high budget priority but ...

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 10, 2020. The center section of the Magic Kingdom parking lot was cleared of trees last year. Now the dirt from the new retention pond at the former Richard Petty Driving Experience Speedway is piled onto the center of the parking lot area that was cleared. From the shape of this mound (the sides are sculpted all around except for the truck entry area), this appears permanent. The mound is 20-25 feet high. The exit roads around the mound still exist as before.

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

JoeCamel

Photo update as of Friday, July 10, 2020. The center section of the Magic Kingdom parking lot was cleared of trees last year. Now the dirt from the new retention pond at the former Richard Petty Driving Experience Speedway is piled onto the center of the parking lot area that was cleared. From the shape of this mound (the sides are sculpted all around except for the truck entry area), this appears permanent. The mound is 20-25 feet high. The exit roads around the mound still exist as before.

View attachment 482879

View attachment 482881

I can't believe it will be permanent. My money is on leaving it there until the wet spot stops sinking then they shave it off for more parking and use the fill in other spots (maybe reflections?)

peter11435

Do you have any idea when they might resume use of the Epcot monorail? TIA
I do not. But I would assume that with such limited capacity on the resort monorail as it is, they probably don’t want to add in Epcot bound traffic. Plus the TTC courtyard is already full enough in order to accommodate monorail and ferry distancing for MK. I would anticipate the MK resorts to Epcot route being serviced by bus for the foreseeable future as long as stringent physical distancing guidelines are in place. Just my opinion.

TeriofTerror

I do not. But I would assume that with such limited capacity on the resort monorail as it is, they probably don’t want to add in Epcot bound traffic. Plus the TTC courtyard is already full enough in order to accommodate monorail and ferry distancing for MK. I would anticipate the MK resorts to Epcot route being serviced by bus for the foreseeable future as long as stringent physical distancing guidelines are in place. Just my opinion.
Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Can someone remind me what the new boat dock is for? I’m assuming we know of course, maybe they haven’t said anything.

Wondering if Poly and GF are getting their own launches, or is one of the existing docks being moved?

peter11435

Can someone remind me what the new boat dock is for? I’m assuming we know of course, maybe they haven’t said anything.

Wondering if Poly and GF are getting their own launches, or is one of the existing docks being moved?

The new dock is replacing a dock that has always been there. It will likely service the Poly/GF launches just as it did before, with the larger center dock continuing to service WL/FW.

Mike730

Original Poster

The new dock is replacing a dock that has always been there. It will likely service the Poly/GF launches just as it did before, with the larger center dock continuing to service WL/FW.

Here's a bit more context. The dock currently serving Seven Seas Lagoon (Poly/GF) will stay and be expanded (Dock 1). A new dock is being build next to it (Dock 2). Both docks have separate queues under the new shade structure and will share a new security structure with the pathway from the Grand Floridian. Whether each dock will be used for separate resorts or whether they will remain combined when everything reopens is anyone's guess.
MKSSLDOCK.PNG

roj2323

I can't believe it will be permanent. My money is on leaving it there until the wet spot stops sinking then they shave it off for more parking and use the fill in other spots (maybe reflections?)

I don't think the original intention was for it to be permanent but with COVID, a lot of things changed. In either instance the pile of dirt would need to sit there for 3-6 months before they could do something with the area so it make sense to at least make it look decent with grass for the time being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom