Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increase

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember 'E-Ticket Nights' in the late 1980s.
I think it was $15 to ride all night after the Park closed to Day Guests.
Good times....

:)
80’s???

They were $18 in the early 2000’s when they were reintroduced.
The number of 'I remember when' posts here is amusing.

Don't forget kids... Disney is a business, first and foremost.
Just remember “kids”...retail businesses outprice themselves and die off like flies in the current economic climate.

But don’t worry...big companies like Kodak, gm, and GE never die. Disney is fine forever 😉

bryanfze55

80’s???

Just remember “kids”...retail businesses outprice themselves and die off like flies in the current economic climate.

But don’t worry...big companies like Kodak, gm, and GE never die. Disney is fine forever 😉

Since when did GM and GE die?

bryanfze55

Are they doing well? Or they a shell of the former self being fractioned off and will never rebound to anywhere near what they were?

Are we in “literal zone” now?

Want to talk about sears?

I thought GM was actually doing very well right now. Sears has gone to hell, but I don’t think that was due to obscene prices.

I WANT to agree that Disney will eventually outprice itself and cause the execs to have a bit more self-awareness. I don’t think Disney is doing enough to differentiate itself from other competitors anymore, particularly Universal. It’s lost a lot of its magic. Problem is, Universal is nearly as expensive. It seems like all worthwhile entertainment has become very expensive in recent years. It costs a lot to take a family out to eat, to a movie, to a sporting event, and hotels everywhere have gone up in recent years. I paid more to stay in a tent cabin in Yosemite than I did to stay at Pop Century! I think gouging middle class Americans who, due to a decent economy have a strong taste for travel and entertainment, is the new normal for most businesses, at least until the next recession.

Six Flags is still cheap, but Six Flags sucks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought GM was actually doing very well right now. Sears has gone to hell, but I don’t think that was due to obscene prices.

I WANT to agree that Disney will eventually outprice itself and cause the execs to have a bit more self-awareness. I don’t think Disney is doing enough to differentiate itself from other competitors anymore, particularly Universal. It’s lost a lot of its magic. Problem is, Universal is nearly as expensive. It seems like all worthwhile entertainment has become very expensive in recent years. It costs a lot to take a family out to eat, to a movie, to a sporting event, and hotels everywhere have gone up in recent years. I paid more to stay in a tent cabin in Yosemite than I did to stay at Pop Century! I think gouging middle class Americans who, due to a decent economy have a strong taste for travel and entertainment, is the new normal for most businesses, at least until the next recession.

Six Flags is still cheap, but Six Flags sucks.
I’m not saying Disney will outprice itself...i’m saying it’s a disneyphile myth that it cannot.

They never want to...that’s for sure...you never get back.

Bocabear

While I agree prices are out of control, idk if I would say international travel is cheaper than a FEW days at WDW. To take my family of four to Europe is already $4,000 for just the flights, minimum. That’s before spending on anything else. WDW is still cheaper unless you insist on staying at the Polynesian maybe.
I have been finding a lot of trips lately that are very inexpensive... Cruises that are cheaper, I was looking at a 16 day trip to Thailand and Shanghai for $899 pp including airfare... which is insanely cheap... But the point is, there are more reasonable options for a real adventure in the world that are less expensive than a few days at WDW...

Figments Friend

80’s???

Pretty sure it was December of 1989 when i did my first 'E-Tictet Night' with my Mom.
It was her last visit to WDW, so that's why i seem to remember doing this at that time.
Also remember paying about $15 for the night. Might have been $12.
This version we went to may have been a early 'test' version of the later 'E-Ride Night' , but i definately remember us doing some kind of 'E-Ticket ride night' after regular Park hours one late night.

We had a blast, first time riding the Tea Cups and we laughed ourselves silly.
A lot of Attractions seemed to be open, and the Park was deserted.
Most Guests did not know about this rather new option, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves with Cast.
Good times.

I have the brochure advertising the option somewhere in my archive....

-

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
I hate doing this, since it's far off-topic, but... I cannot find mention of E-Ride Nights prior to 1997, so I'd be genuinely curious to see something about them from 1989. Maybe it was something for MK Club members or something similar?

Ok, back on topic. My wife wanted to do this and I think she booked it for our post-cruise days in March. Since we used to watch Wishes! from Tomorrowland Terrace long before TDO monetized it, I have history, but am intending to judge this on its own merits.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pretty sure it was December of 1989 when i did my first 'E-Tictet Night' with my Mom.
It was her last visit to WDW, so that's why i seem to remember doing this at that time.
Also remember paying about $15 for the night. Might have been $12.
This version we went to may have been a early 'test' version of the later 'E-Ride Night' , but i definately remember us doing some kind of 'E-Ticket ride night' after regular Park hours one late night.

We had a blast, first time riding the Tea Cups and we laughed ourselves silly.
A lot of Attractions seemed to be open, and the Park was deserted.
Most Guests did not know about this rather new option, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves with Cast.
Good times.

I have the brochure advertising the option somewhere in my archive....

-
Thank you for sharing the memory😉
I hate doing this, since it's far off-topic, but... I cannot find mention of E-Ride Nights prior to 1997, so I'd be genuinely curious to see something about them from 1989. Maybe it was something for MK Club members or something similar?

Ok, back on topic. My wife wanted to do this and I think she booked it for our post-cruise days in March. Since we used to watch Wishes! from Tomorrowland Terrace long before TDO monetized it, I have history, but am intending to judge this on its own merits.
Does it really matter? It was SOMETHING.

And as you point out - things have changed over the years. The internet didn’t exist in 89. All tickets were paper and they hole punched them and then we threw them away. We can’t actually PROVE we ever had them 😎

TheGenXer

We just did the MK party for the new Halloween fireworks and the Studios party for Animation/Star Wars. What a difference. MK had stuff that was roughly equivalent to supermarket made desserts with so-so view. Studios had incredible and themed appetizers and desserts and we got to sit right in front of the Theater for the show. Stormtroopers at the party too. MK was meh and studios, absolutely magical.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We just did the MK party for the new Halloween fireworks and the Studios party for Animation/Star Wars. What a difference. MK had stuff that was roughly equivalent to supermarket made desserts with so-so view. Studios had incredible and themed appetizers and desserts and we got to sit right in front of the Theater for the show. Stormtroopers at the party too. MK was meh and studios, absolutely magical.
So one was expensive and “bad” the other was expensive and “good”?

Got it 😉

Jon81uk

So one was expensive and “bad” the other was expensive and “good”?

Got it 😉

Its also easier to see value in the Studios party as alcoholic drinks are included, the whole party can still be seen as overpriced, but the food and drink offered at the DHS parties offers better value, whereas at MK they are charging a high price just because its the Magic Kingdom.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Are you talking about the add on to the add on at MK? I mean, what did you expect? It's literally a test run to see how far they can push the guest.

mgf

I have a strong memory of the E-ticket Night only costing $10 at one point -- we are a DVC family though so maybe there was a special rate or more likely my memory is wrong.

Mickeyboof

Starting February 1, 2020, the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party costs $99 per adult (ages 10 and up); $59 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included. The After-Fireworks Dessert Party now costs $89 per adult (ages 10 and up); $53 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included.

Now includes booze- beer and wine.

1E20D290-0F4D-4976-97EE-02E0A7C74811.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom