Overnight parking charges to increase at Walt Disney World Resort hotels June 2019

matt9112

So agree - we’re about an hour and a half away - when I heard about resort parking fee I thought they wouldn’t include fl ap holders. Me just being dumb 😂 I thought they liked us coming up every other month. To combat I decline mousekeeping so that helps. Have also bring staying around Springs more and getting some great deals and using points. Between the crazy on property resort prices & parking fees on top it makes sense.

this lack of exception also seems to buck the popular theory its captive based....what say you to all those super money experts that disney also makes people who cannot legitimately fly to the world pay?

Lensman

this lack of exception also seems to buck the popular theory its captive based....what say you to all those super money experts that disney also makes people who cannot legitimately fly to the world pay?
I see them as unfortunate, innocent victims.

I think the thing to do would be to have free overnight resort parking be included in the Disney Dining Plans.

Either that or pull a Vegas-style "comp the people who gamble a lot" thing and give out free parking certificates (for your next visit) when you spend a lot in your folio.

Hawg G

I told you they were going to keep doing that. Disney is just getting ridiculously greedy at this point.
They are working slowly to price out the regular people.

...and cue the Vacation Club members and the loyalists who will defend Disney until their death.

Sorry kids, It's just not worth the price any longer.

Honestly, For what it costs to fly to Disney, stay at one of their "value" resorts, get park hoppers and pay for some food.... you can actually afford a trip to Hawaii with a hotel stay and not pay over inflated food costs.

They have essentially raised damn near everything about 15% this year. That is a HUGE number.

ryguy

What is super cool is when you are staying at a resort and cant get a spot anywhere near the hotel because the lot is full for dinner reservations. Poly and Contemporary I am looking at you.

EOD K9

I'm a DVC member so I don't have a dog in this fight. Having said that, why would parking be more expensive as you climb the resort ladder? I get that you pay more for a Deluxe room over a Value as it is bigger. Why would parking be more? Are the spots bigger?

wannabeBelle

I'm a DVC member so I don't have a dog in this fight. Having said that, why would parking be more expensive as you climb the resort ladder? I get that you pay more for a Deluxe room over a Value as it is bigger. Why would parking be more? Are the spots bigger?
Nope the spots aren't any larger and if, anything most of the Deluxe resorts lots are further from the rooms than the Value or Mods are. Look at the GF where the parking is around the bend and across the street for self parking!! Boardwalk is no picnic either. Hope this helps!! Marie

EOD K9

Nope the spots aren't any larger and if, anything most of the Deluxe resorts lots are further from the rooms than the Value or Mods are. Look at the GF where the parking is around the bend and across the street for self parking!! Boardwalk is no picnic either. Hope this helps!! Marie
Thanks, my sarcasm font was on. There shoud not be a parking fee based on resort.

Lensman

I know this was meant mockingly, but it occurs to me that the parking charge might be the one ancillary charge that varies in price between resorts.

Here are the fees I know about:
Package delivery fee - same across resorts
Room delivery of groceries - same across resorts
Childcare services - same across resorts
Pet cleaning fee - different for some resorts

I understand that tipping housekeeping and bell services also bears a rough relationship with your room charge.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in that the price difference for overnight parking at different resorts is a bit of a curiosity. Though you could make some argument for it being loosely related to the underlying price of the land being higher for the MK resorts, that doesn't fly for WL or paying cash at SSR or OKW. I guess it all part of value-based pricing. :( It's ironic that businesses implementing value-based pricing most often results in customers receiving less value-for-money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom