News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Not really boneheads in this case. A flash of light at the end of the ride? Did the toy doll bride take your photo? It makes a lot more sense to put a flash picture in you know, flashing lights ... flashing portraits taking yours? No one sees the slight humor in that?

The hitchhiking ghost sequence has lighting that illuminates the riders already. No need for a distracting flash and it's a way more logical place to capture reactions. Bonus points for the riders actually being able to see themselves. So much facepalm with putting the photo at the beginning of the ride.

Thelazer

SPOILER!

REAL PHOTO ATTACHED OF NEW CAMERA AT HAUNTED MANSION!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
FYI - Went back on earlier today to be sure the camera location is where I thought it was since none of the three rides Saturday morning after I figured it out posted to my Photopass (last night for me from the Star Wars 10k and half marathon weekend!). I can confirm the camera is in the left curtain just barely below the bottom of the frame level.

I commissioned a professionally rendered image of the scene to illustrate:

Photo confirmation looking there lines you up! 😁

Also, for what it’s worth in other Haunted Mansion news, the dueling ghosts that appear from their portraits in the banquet/dining hall scene are down. They were working Thursday, not there Saturday or Monday. Maybe they resolved their differences? 🤔

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FYI - Went back on earlier today to be sure the camera location is where I thought it was since none of the three rides Saturday morning after I figured it out posted to my Photopass (last night for me from the Star Wars 10k and half marathon weekend!). I can confirm the camera is in the left curtain just barely below the bottom of the frame level.

I commissioned a professionally rendered image of the scene to illustrate:
View attachment 362929
Photo confirmation looking there lines you up! 😁
View attachment 362930

Also, for what it’s worth in other Haunted Mansion news, the dueling ghosts that appear from their portraits in the banquet/dining hall scene are down. They were working Thursday, not there Saturday or Monday. Maybe they resolved their differences? 🤔

Photo challenge: Position one's hands so it looks like you're holding hands with the ghost. Extra points for a kissy face.

Notes from Neverland

Update from two days ago: Flash seemed to mimic the lightning very well. Unless someone knows it's there, they probably wouldn't guess what was happening. It's a bright flash but it fits the moment. However ... they appear to be still having some issues as no photo ever appeared in our account.

drizgirl

What is being monetized? This strikes me as a free upgrade for those already paying for MemoryMaker.
Just as people here find it hard to believe people buy one day tickets, they are probably also surprised that many (most?) don't buy Memory Maker (or have it included on an AP). Whether it's to sell individual prints, or to push people over the edge toward a MM purchase, it's a means of selling something.

Magenta Panther

The resultant picture doesn't even indicate that it was taken inside the Mansion - as opposed to the pictures taken during the drop at Splash Mountain.

TDO could have put an empty Doom Buggy on the outside property of the Mansion, have park guests sit in it and have a picture taken, and then added the cartoon ghosts into the picture afterward, and they would have achieved the exact same effect. What a waste of money putting a camera into the portrait gallery. TDO does it again!

NateD1226

The resultant picture doesn't even indicate that it was taken inside the Mansion - as opposed to the pictures taken during the drop at Splash Mountain.

TDO could have put an empty Doom Buggy on the outside of the Mansion, have park guesta sit in it and have a picture taken, and then added the cartoon ghosts in afterward and they would have achieved the exact same effect. What a waste of money putting a camera into the portrait gallery. TDO does it again!
Let's all thank @Chairman Bob and his team for ruining rides once again! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom