News Super Bowl Player of the Game Celebration Parade 2019

Rteetz

Starr was highly overrated as a player and garbage as a coach. Lombardi was great but most of their titles came before the merger. The history books show Brady as the 🐐 when it comes to that and that's what he is.
:rolleyes:

This is why I’m not fond of Pats fans. Never said Brady wasn’t great. Merger or not it’s the Lombardi trophy for a reason. Only 1 team has 13 championships.

draybook

This is why I’m not fond of Pats fans. Never said Brady wasn’t great. Merger or not it’s the Lombardi trophy for a reason. Only 1 team has 13 championships.

As I said before, I'm a Niners/Montana fan. And again, I was talking about Starr. That's the QB standing there with Lombardi. For apples to apples, we'd have to compare him and Belichick.

OG Runner

Count me as one who is bored with the Patriots and Tom Brady. And I fully get that he is the GOAT - no question about that. I will just be interested to see how great Belichick is after Brady retires. I actually turned the game off before it was over and I haven't done that in a long time.

Were I in WDW for this, I would see if I could get Brady to sign my Eagles Superbowl 52 Champions T-shirt. :cautious:

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!

Yeah and where were the Eagles this year. Oh yeah, sorry, not in the Super Bowl. I give you last year's win,
but this is the third year in a row for the Patriots and they have won two out of three. They have also won
three out of the last five Super Bowls. If you are tired of the Patriots, play better. :p

kja1269

I don't believe anyone is required to go, but customarily it's the MVP. In years past, multiple people have gone for baseball and football.
I think this is being somewhat misunderstood. Nobody is required to go. Disney contracts with certain players who they feel have a chance of either winning the MVP or being highly noticeable for positive reasons. Right at the end of the game they are then taped saying we are going to Disneyland/world which Disney airs around the country. Disney has been doing this for quite a few years now.

WDWFREAK53

It's called the Lombardi trophy for a reason...because when they named the trophy Lombardi deserved it. Do you know tacky it would be for them to rename the trophy now? The Patriots could've won 18 in a row and they wouldn't rename it.

13 Championships in the SuperBowl era?

He won the first two and then passed away. Since he had a great run they honored his legacy by naming the Trophy after him. I'm not discrediting any of his accomplishments but it was a different time...a different era...and the way teams and the league was run was completely different.

What Belichick/Brady are doing now is unheard of. If the trophy wasn't already named...you can bet that it would be named after one of them after retirement or posthumously. (Coach of the Year award perhaps?)

Rteetz

It's called the Lombardi trophy for a reason...because when they named the trophy Lombardi deserved it. Do you know tacky it would be for them to rename the trophy now? The Patriots could've won 18 in a row and they wouldn't rename it.

13 Championships in the SuperBowl era?

He won the first two and then passed away. Since he had a great run they honored his legacy by naming the Trophy after him. I'm not discrediting any of his accomplishments but it was a different time...a different era...and the way teams and the league was run was completely different.

What Belichick/Brady are doing now is unheard of. If the trophy wasn't already named...you can bet that it would be named after one of them after retirement or posthumously. (Coach of the Year award perhaps?)
Some are asking for it to be renamed so thats sort of why I brought it up. I definitely think Bill deserves honors but personally and with a bit bias as a Packers fan I think the Lombardi trophy should remain as is.

WDWFREAK53

Some are asking for it to be renamed so thats sort of why I brought it up. I definitely think Bill deserves honors but personally and with a bit bias as a Packers fan I think the Lombardi trophy should remain as is.

They won’t rename the trophy. They’ll honor him/them in some other way but the trophy will remain the Lombardi.

OG Runner

I am a Patriots fan and I still think the name should stay the same. There is still something to be said for tradition.
If they want to name a trophy after Belicheck make it the coach of the year award.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom