News Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Live! returning to Epcot this summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why can't they perform this show in Future World in front of the fountain? This show does not belong in World Showcase.

Yeah, we went through this last year: All year long there are pop and rock acts at the Garden theater. This is no different, except, it has a story. And an IP more popular than any of the has-been bands that play there all year round. And they play the music that could actually be performed by one of those has-been bands at any of the festivals.

And the fountain stage is awful. No seating, no shade. Real brutal in the Summer.

Last edited:

wdwfan22

Yeah, we went through this last year: All year long their are pop and rock acts at the Garden theater. This is no different, except, it has a story. And an IP more popular than any of the has-been bands that play there all year round. And they play the music that could actually be performed by one of those has-been bands at any of the festivals.

And the fountain stage is awful. No seating, no shade. Real brutal in the Summer.

I'll give you the fountain stage has no shade, but perform the show in the evening hours. Guardians of the Galaxy has nothing to do with World Showcase. The Garden Rocks and Eat to the Beat concert series are part of the festivals. The festivals do take place in both World Showcase and Future World.

MickeyMinnieMom

I thought the clash of themes last summer was going to make what-is-left-of-Epcot self-destruct... the stage is still there?!

I'm personally devastated that I will only be there for a couple of days of this show...

(sarcasm x 2)

wannabeBelle

The singer was the main vocalist at Club Villain. He has a great voice!

They just need to balance the volume on the vocals better, although, it may be a problem of recording.

Thank you for the great video!!! I was lucky enough to meet this gentleman last year at Disney Springs while watching Acoustic Edge, which features the guitarist in this video as well as two other people who are in this show that I know. He is a very nice guy and obviously mega- talented. I do agree on something with the vocals is off but I wasnt sure what it was. I'll be catching this show myself later on this summer. Marie

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Help-wanted ad for a Star Lord and Gamora... obviously for a repeat of the show for this Summer of 2020...

1581981281982.png

ping @wdwmagic

Disneyson

Who’s looking forward to “BBQ and Awesome Rock Festival” during the summer months? All you have to do is keep the booths open, slap some hidden muppets around the lagoon, and introduce evening concerts with 80s and 90s cover bands. Sell a dining package to the Awesome Mix show.

I like the actors used in this show. But the premise is paper thin and is no more worthy of the giant America Gardens amphitheater than any other musical act in any other country, in my opinion. I find it sad when I see the amphitheater so empty with performers really trying to sell the show.

How good would a Disney Rocks show be with a live band, the Electric Mayhem, the Guardians, and Powerline from the Goofy Movie?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom