News PhotoPass at some character locations being replaced by automated cameras

YodaMan

Unless I’m mistaken, Launch Bay has still consistently been using the photo boxes since they went live. They only put Photopass photographers in the Chewie and Vader rooms if the box tech has a down time. Guest feedback has not caused the boxes to go out of use at that location.

Jon81uk

Unless I’m mistaken, Launch Bay has still consistently been using the photo boxes since they went live. They only put Photopass photographers in the Chewie and Vader rooms if the box tech has a down time. Guest feedback has not caused the boxes to go out of use at that location.

My guess would be there are more teens and adults at the Star Wars photos so they are more likely to pose. Whereas with Mickey and the Princesses it is the smiles and hugs from toddlers that are the key photos not the static poses.

Therefore when it is mainly adults posing and standing still they can get away with static photos easier.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
These are planned to remain indefinitely as far as I know…
bad girls club bgc redemption GIF by Beamly US

MagicHappens1971

So even Meet and Greets that have Genie+ integrated (like Town Square Mickey) aren't included?
Unless I misunderstood the Genie+ PhotoPass thing, it's only at "attractions", I assumed that meant on-ride photos. Maybe someone who's used it and been in a similar situation can shed some light on it. I have the PhotoPass downloads with my AP so I've never noticed.

AndyS2992

The photos it took of me and my partner with Anna and Elsa at Epcot last September actually came out all quite decent. I'd rather a person take the pictures of course but was pleasantly surprised with the automated cameras, at least in this one instance.

Gillyanne

The photos it took of me and my partner with Anna and Elsa at Epcot last September actually came out all quite decent. I'd rather a person take the pictures of course but was pleasantly surprised with the automated cameras, at least in this one instance.
Yeah the "keepers" and even the characters seem to get into a good groove and know the timing. As an adult it works out well for me. What I miss about live photographers is that they can judge when to snap for the more candid moments like a child walking up to the characters or hugging. I think I do have a few shots that are a lil awkward bc they're going into or out of a hug, and trying to time those to the automatic timer may be awkward

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom