News New single-day ticket pricing will price all four parks at the same level

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Hopefully you get the full day on that date. There may be a Spring Fling Magical after hours event kicking off at 7p. In that case you'd have to buy SFM tickets on top of your regular park tickets in order to experience the full day.
After the “Sunrise at MK featuring an all you can eat Muffin”, you still have from 10:30-7 to experience up to 5 attractions.

Missing20K

My wife (at the time girlfriend) and I bought single day tickets to DAK because we had been gifted multi day passes but arrived earlier than expected and wanted to go to a park without burning a day of our hopper. Just my anecdote about people still needing single day tickets.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually, there was a lot to do at WDW in 1988 that doesn't exist today, or is not kept up as well. No, we didn't have the Animal Kingdom, but we did have a fantastic EPCOT Center with everything working, including Imagination, Discovery Island, River Country, the Polynesian Luau (without Minnie) and other dinner shows (Broadway at the Top? -- not sure if that was still going), the longer Country Bear Jamboree with the Christmas and Summer overlays -- and the animal heads continuing to talk to you in the Mile Long Bar after you left the show -- a LIVE and energetic Christmas parade that wasn't a plastic infomercial, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Mike Fink Keelboats and other water options on the Rivers of America, the great water feature at the Polynesian, and more. And, of course, the Disney-MGM Studios park was on the horizon.

No, it wasn't as built out as it is now, but it was truly a resort with detail taken everywhere; and you were treated like a real guest. That I would take again any day,

...I know...I just didn’t want to mentally litigate it.

The reality is that they have eliminated a lot of the little things and niche stuff steadily over the years.

You get the occasional main draw...but a lot less added incentive/value that year bygone for your tickets and hotel costs...which are 5X more.

wendysue

I like straight discounts...not gimmicks and tricks.

Gimmicks is how they increase the base pricing without anyone noticing...which has resulted in a steady increase in prices and allows them to reset for massive gains if they discontinue them.
At that time, it was a good deal.

Goofnut1980

A quick question on this. And I apologize if I missed the answer.
Do the tickets discount the more days you play? Like now if you buy 5 days vs 4 days its like $30 more for the extra day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At that time, it was a good deal.

And on the backend...the rise in regular prices hit everyone like a hammer.

So not only did “free dining” go up 15-20% every year...the bottom fell out when they greatly reduced the offer...

If you were on the boards...the “I love free dining” 2009-2012 turned to a distraught “when is free dining???” 13-16.

Many of those people are gone...according to plan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A quick question on this. And I apologize if I missed the answer.
Do the tickets discount the more days you play? Like now if you buy 5 days vs 4 days its like $30 more for the extra day.

They do...

You should go on their website and play with the days to see how the cost fluctuates...there are also charts on a lot of sites...I’m sure it’s here somewhere 😎

spock8113

"Apply now for your theme Park Loan, new low interest rates for 60 months with every DVC membership, Mickey Wafflemaker included"
Hello, I'd like to talk to the loan arranger.
I'm sorry the loan arranger isn't here right now.
That's OK, I'll talk to Tonto.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I chuckle when people say, "Who cares about 1-day tickets, who buys them anyways???". Ummm, the 1-day ticket price sets the base for your multi-day park hopper, so the royal you should care about the price of a 1-day ticket. Just sayin'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom