News New single-day ticket pricing will price all four parks at the same level

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The problem with SW:GE in the swamps is that they are opening the exact same thing in California 6 months earlier. Why would Star Wars fans who’ve already been to SW:GE at DL need to plan a trip to WDW to see... the same things they’ve already seen? But that’s off topic, so I digress. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's something interesting in the video...

1537859123234.png

So, it seems that if you don't use all your tickets in the timeframe given, they're not 'lost.' Instead the value of those unused tickets can be applied to the cost of a new ticket.

This way, Disney is making sure one doesn't use a cheap ticket from an off-peak day as the total admittance to a high-demand day, and, the guest doesn't lose their money they paid for that ticket.

John park hopper

WDW didn't eliminate the premium charge for MK as stated (still charging it) they just added the premium charge to the other not so premium parks. Another cash grab?

Last edited:

winstongator

Here's something interesting in the video...

View attachment 316185

So, it seems that if you don't use all your tickets in the timeframe given, they're not 'lost.' Instead the value of those unused tickets can be applied to the cost of a new ticket.

This way, Disney is making sure one doesn't use a cheap ticket from an off-peak day as the total admittance to a high-demand day, and, the guest doesn't lose their money they paid for that ticket.
It does say ‘wholly unused’. What about ‘partially unused?’ I’d guess that expires?

dreamfinder

Two things. One, that is terrible as usually we like to hit a park for one day after our cruise. That is crazy. Next, if I buy two one day adult and two child tickets before the 16th, can I use them in July of next year? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps. Depends on the expiration dates on those tickets. If the dates are good, then yes, you can definitely use them. If the dates on the tickets expire, then you should get credit for the ticket cost to apply towards a new ticket, under the new rules/policies. Some of the 3rd party vendors let you specify your travel dates and they will try to give you tickets that will work for those dates.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because I see this less as “eliminating the Magic Kingdom premium” and more as increasing the other 3 parks to match MK. It’s a ticket price increase for 3/4 parks.

Indeed...

However I tend not to care much about day tickets...I’ll never fit the demographic that buys them.

The deal is with the multidays and annuals...

I expect major increases in both over the next couple of cycles.

yensid67

OK, to put some perspective on this...So they raised the prices of Epcot, DHS and AK by $5...doesn't seem like a big deal, right!? That is a raise that most can handle! BUT looking at it in the whole...With 10,000(estimated) guests in the MAGIC KINGDOM per day that = $50,000.00 in just the profit from the $5.00 raise X 4 = $200,00.00 PER DAY EXTRA PER 10,000. I don't know why people start growling when Disney raises ticket prices, because until they stop buying the tickets the prices will increase!!!! Granted, the 5oth Anniversary is coming up in 2021, they are adding new lands and hotels and other things...vamping up the World for the milestone, that takes money! MAYBE(loosely) this will indicate that there will be NO INCREASE in 2019!? BUT they will find a way to increase something, if not tickets, it will be charging for transportation or something that is free or at a low cost to guest! I am not grumbling, I will have my LAST trip in May 2019! For me, it is too expensive...I have to plan 3=5 years out in order to save! So sadly this will be my last trip! :(

wendysue

Yes. You were sold a ticket that entitled you to certain park admissions. So now legally, they need to deliver those same admissions (or possibly one of greater value). But if your ticket expires with their new expiration dates, then you may get smacked upside the head when you need to upgrade/reactivate the ticket.

We have about 30 days until our next trip and already have tickets, and I have griped and grumbled in the past about price increases and how we were not going anymore, BUT......
We now realize that this really will be our last trip due to price increases. Both of us are retired now and no extra funds to save for WDW. Our children don't want to spend that kind of money, so the grandkids probably will never go. We must really whoop it up this trip, so if you hear of some crazy retired people going off the rails in MK or EPCOT, (orange slushies :hungry:) well, that will be us. :joyfull:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wouldn't that 7 days for the price of 4 deal be awesome again?? :happy:

I like straight discounts...not gimmicks and tricks.

Gimmicks is how they increase the base pricing without anyone noticing...which has resulted in a steady increase in prices and allows them to reset for massive gains if they discontinue them.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The dining plan was never about saving money. Maybe they successfully fooled you into think it it was in the past, but it wasn't.

Personally, I've never been to WDW and thought "what an amazing value." It was always loads of fun and very expensive. I still find it to be loads of fun and it's even more expensive. "What an amazing value" was never part of it.

Well, no, not value as in discount or really good price, but WDW must be have value for the money you spend, otherwise you wouldn't go. At some level, you must think the loads and loads of fun to be worth it, even at the premium prices, otherwise, you would skip it. FWIW, I still think WDW provides plenty of value for the $$$, especially when I compare it against other entertainment offerings.

Who in the world thinks a ticket to HS is just as valuable as a ticket to MK? Especially now through late next year. Heck, I don’t think I’d say it was even after SW:GE opens. You’ll have 7-8 rides vs 28. (Approximately)

Well, if you look at just *rides*, MK actually has about 21, and DHS will have 9 by end of next year. When you factor in all attractions (excluding street entertainment and M&Gs), it's MK 32, DHS 15.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Who even buys single day tickets? The only ones would be those that are already visiting Florida and want to squeeze in a super quick trip to a park. This almost seems like non news.

Offsite guests that do a day in the park followed by other local attractions / beaches. Locals who don't care to spend $600 on an annual pass because "Hey, we're in town and we'd love to spend the day with you at WDW!".

There are a lot of scenarios where people may only want to visit for one day.

drod1985

Who even buys single day tickets? The only ones would be those that are already visiting Florida and want to squeeze in a super quick trip to a park. This almost seems like non news.

I had a friend who had never been to WDW buy a single day ticket last week. He and another friend traveled from South Florida to Orlando for business, finished before noon, and weren't scheduled to leave till the next day. One of them is an AP holder and the other had never been to WDW, so off to the park they went.

This is just one anecdotal example, but I'm sure there are a multitude of scenarios that play out like this. The demographic on this site is much more likely to purchase multi-day tickets or to be AP holders.

disneyflush

Offsite guests that do a day in the park followed by other local attractions / beaches. Locals who don't care to spend $600 on an annual pass because "Hey, we're in town and we'd love to spend the day with you at WDW!".

There are a lot of scenarios where people may only want to visit for one day.

We were going to buy a 1 day pass a few years ago but it was too expensive at that point. Given that, and speaking only for my family, they can raise the price for it however much they want because its already past what we can purchase anyway for 5 of us. Make it $200 or $300 per day. Won't matter to us anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, no, not value as in discount or really good price, but WDW must be have value for the money you spend, otherwise you wouldn't go. At some level, you must think the loads and loads of fun to be worth it, even at the premium prices, otherwise, you would skip it. FWIW, I still think WDW provides plenty of value for the $$$, especially when I compare it against other entertainment offerings.
comparable offerings?

I can really only think of one

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do locals ever buy one off park tickets anymore?

Let me rephrase...I’m sure they do. But the price adjusted for inflation is so much higher now...

Are people comfortable dropping $125 a day (plus parking) to get into a park where you have to preschedule everything??

That’s an honest question...I’m just thinking that it has rose 300% since 2000. Is that really that long ago to spend that kinda scratch now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom