News Mike and Sully replacing Star-lord and Groot Meet n' Greet

Gainesvillain

So, they couldn't just use the one that they originally used several years ago right by Red Carpet Dreams across from Sci-fi Dine in??
monsters-inc-p-s-they.jpg
Is it just me that is creeped out by Mike?!

JustInTime

This isnt the sole rumor source in the disneyverse
No but usually pretty accurate. People that said Ralph assumed because DHS used to always do a M&G of the latest film. I get why they assumed that, but all signs pointed towards them going to Epcot if you read these boards. Which I assume you do.

Kamikaze

Characters from movies and shorts by the Disney company. In house. Snow White to Moana. Mary poppins, Jack Sparrow.

Pixar, Marvel, Muppets, Star Wars. They're a part of Disney. And I'm a big fan of treating them like they are fully members of the Disney Family.

But for a M&G in the Walt Disney museum, characters created (or adapted) by the actual main Disney studio should be the focus.

Snow White, Poppins, Peter Pan, Pooh, Cinderella, Frozen, tons more are not Disney creations. They were done by others and used/licensed by Disney. How are those different?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Snow White, Poppins, Peter Pan, Pooh, Cinderella, Frozen, tons more are not Disney creations. They were done by others and used/licensed by Disney. How are those different?
Because the versions in the parks are the versions done by Disney and his studio. You aren't riding an attraction themed to A.A. Milne's Pooh. You're riding an attraction based on Disney's version of Pooh.

Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel. They are all a part of the Disney family, but they are different studios. Those characters aren't made by or adapted by the studio Walt Disney started.

It's a very small, mostly symbolic distinction. One I don't usually care about. But I feel like it is a symbolic distinction that should be important in a Walt Disney museum. Not that it is a huge deal to me. More like a pet peeve. But still...

asianway

Original Poster
No but usually pretty accurate. People that said Ralph assumed because DHS used to always do a M&G of the latest film. I get why they assumed that, but all signs pointed towards them going to Epcot if you read these boards. Which I assume you do.
If you go by that logic Edna Mode should have been meeting there all summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Hollywood Studios. IOW, all the Studios of Disney: LucasFilm, Disney Animation, Disney Studios, Muppets, Pixar, and...

Marvel? Hey, where's Marvel?

<looks menacingly at Tower of Terror and RnRC...>

Hatbox23

Disney Hollywood Studios. IOW, all the Studios of Disney: LucasFilm, Disney Animation, Disney Studios, Muppets, Pixar, and...

Marvel? Hey, where's Marvel?

<looks menacingly at Tower of Terror and RnRC...>
I have this weird feeling marvel is going to take over Star Tours and the area to the left of it . Also I dont think they are gonna touch tower of terror.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have this weird feeling marvel is going to take over Star Tours and the area to the left of it . Also I dont think they are gonna touch tower of terror.

There's only 3 Marvel properties WDW can use: Doctor Strange, GotG, and BH6. Throw in the Incredibles and the non-Disney IP at the end of Sunset is begging for overlays and a new ride to create a supers section.

But, Star Tours to Indy is also a good spot for a bunch of brand new attractions.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I really think its a shame on the disney Company . That one mans dream , can not be left alone. As there is no place now, that pays homage to walt. One mans dream, was just a amazing walk through museum. And should be left alone not changed. So that, Young and old can learn about the genius of Walt Disney. That changed everything in entertainment. We dont need to change everthing. At the parks.. like one mans dream”

I understand it’s far away from WDW, plus it is kinda out in the boonies, but the museum in Marceline is much more enriching than ‘One Man’s Dream’. Don’t get me wrong. I did like it, and the two actually compliment one another.

danheaton

It still amazes me that Guardians wasn't the choice to replace Rock 'n' Roller Coaster instead of going into Epcot. I understand that Disney wants to draw more guests to Future World and the park in general, but it was tailor-made. And if getting more Monsters in DHS means we can get something better in the Tomorrowland space, I would take it!

drod1985

Why Mike and Sully?
Just find it weird since that M&G spot is usually for upcoming movies.
This is random - are there that many die hard fans of Monsters Inc asking for this?

I was in the same boat as you all, confused as to why they chose Mike and Sully for this M&G.

I'd say it makes a lot more sense now considering the announcement of the upcoming Monster's Inc. series for Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom