News Passholder Benefits Shifting

drizgirl

The benefits of being a passholder seem to be fluctuating. Crowds out of control tend to make us “shoppers/eaters/attractions every now and again” so disney is still getting $$ from us. But the company will always cater to those staying on property who get the best fast passes as well as early entry.. we were at ropedrop at AK today hoping to get on FoP. It was already a 2 hour wait at 9 in the morning. Figure we will never get to ride it unless we commit to hotel reservations first.
You can book a room and get 60 day access any time you like.

disneygeek90

Anyone know where the Epcot magnet giveaway is? I’m at the area now where they gave away the F&G ones near club cool and no one is here.

monykalyn

The benefits of being a passholder seem to be fluctuating. Crowds out of control tend to make us “shoppers/eaters/attractions every now and again” so disney is still getting $$ from us. But the company will always cater to those staying on property who get the best fast passes as well as early entry.. we were at ropedrop at AK today hoping to get on FoP. It was already a 2 hour wait at 9 in the morning. Figure we will never get to ride it unless we commit to hotel reservations first.
Rode FoP 2 weeks ago Sunday with 87 minute wait -in line around 900 pm. Did EMH on Friday a week ago and got on FoP in 55 minutes. We were no where near the first peeps in for EMH and the line was to the bathrooms by FotLK. There are strategies to getting on FoP in less than 2 hours- end of night seems to work best for us.

These last 2 weeks the parks did seem lighter yet lines were long at many places. MK was crazy a few nights, although walkways seemed less congested the ride lines were long. 45-60 minute wait for Small World? Still managed to get SD late evening FP for space, pp and HM as extra FP for the day.
Universal OTOH- go at opening til about 1, break, go back around five and be stategic (single rider, last shows) and wait times drop for everything but Hulk it seemed. Had issues with our new AP so when we went to get it fixed we were gifted one time ride EP for every day we went. The GS guy was an old school DCP like us though :). Love Universal EP system.

LSLS

The numbers lag by about 14-21 days (meaning we should get May numbers any day now). We don't get real-time numbers.

Ok. Should be interesting to see how this early to mid june stacks up when the numbers come out. Thanks for the info.

drod1985

Silver pass members who decided to take advantage of the lifted blackout dates. We're Florida natives, so we usually know better than to brave WDW during the summer months. But we wanted to try and make it up for our son to see Disney Jr. Live before it closes.

Big mistake. Magic Kingdom was miserably packed. Epcot was relatively crowded as well. Those crowds combined with the heat made us cut our trip short. It just wasn't worth it compared to the quieter trips we've taken in the last few months.

ToTBellHop

Silver pass members who decided to take advantage of the lifted blackout dates. We're Florida natives, so we usually know better than to brave WDW during the summer months. But we wanted to try and make it up for our son to see Disney Jr. Live before it closes.

Big mistake. Magic Kingdom was miserably packed. Epcot was relatively crowded as well. Those crowds combined with the heat made us cut our trip short. It just wasn't worth it compared to the quieter trips we've taken in the last few months.
Was this over the weekend? MK is always packed anymore, especially on weekends but also on every day that ends in 'y'.

Disney Dad 3000

I don't have any scientific data to share, merely my experience and what I saw, but I unfortunately didn't experience any light crowds on my visit 14-24th. HS might be the one I could say maybe there was a slight difference but I think that's been common with all the closures. I was able to shift around FP for TOT and RNR somewhat easily. I did pop back over to catch MM after it reopened and got on a few times. A few empty rows at fantasmic.

MK was it's normal self my 3 weekdays there. Took hour plus for wait/ride small world, most attractions that weren't a mountain or mine cart with waits 45-60 min. Pathways pretty busy.
AK pretty busy until late at night.
Epcot seemed normal. Waits were normal if not higher on some attractions like JII. Gran Fiesta was a 10-15 min wait which wouldn't be much for most anything but that has almost aways been walk on or 3-5 min tops.

MattM

Was on vacation for bit but wanted to follow up. May #'s right as they should be. Didn't notice light crowds at Epcot Monday, but I won't go making long term trend predictions based on my one day personal experience ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think word-of-mouth is affecting Epcot these days, and still affecting DHS to a lesser extent. Whenever I read about someone asking which parks to visit (particularly with kids), it's always MK and AK which are recommended, and Epcot and DHS are "avoids". I don't see how Rat and GotG are going to fix that for Epcot, and sadly a lot of families are going to still skip DHS even after SW:GE opens due to the crowds it will inevitably attract for a while. :(

deeevo

Glad I keep those Gold Passes for the summer access..... Voldemort is reporting the Summer Add-on Pass will include access on all days (including weekends for those Week Day Select Passholders who purchase the add-on). The price of the ticket is $89.00 plus tax and it includes the ability to park hop between the 3 parks.

Patcheslee

Folks are just holding off until Star Wars opens, I'm pretty sure Disney expected a drop off, but not to the degree they are seeing. They'll beg for passholders right up until Star wars opens.
This right here. DH has said multiple times we won't go for a couple years after SW opens because he doesn't want to deal with "those kind of crowds". This year we didn't cause of $$$. Considering out of state pass rates there's no way we would buy, don't have enough vacation days to break even on those. I've convinced him to go next June since SW won't open till Fall, but then it'll be a long wait. 😣

slappy magoo

My 2 cents which will never happen - include park hopping with every ticket, or at least a smaller fee for a one time only hop ($15-20). It will improve attendance at the parks people consider a half day park if they know they didnt "waste " a ticket for a whole day there, and if one park is unexpectedly busy, gives them an option to split to another park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom