Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Rich Brownn

So if Celestial Park drags down attendance and surveys indicate that the reason is its lack of IP to satiate children, they're not going to do anything about it until after phase 2?
That like saying the hub at Disney affects attendance. CP is an area to cross through to other lands. It isn't, in and of itself. and actual draw like Potter, Ninento etc. nor was it ever meant to be. The two attractions they have (which are on nearly opposite sides) also act as weenies drawing you towards the portals in the back. CP main thrust is shops and resteraunts, which makes it more akin to combining the hub and Main Street.

WDWFREAK53

That like saying the hub at Disney affects attendance. CP is an area to cross through to other lands. It isn't, in and of itself. and actual draw like Potter, Ninento etc. nor was it ever meant to be. The two attractions they have (which are on nearly opposite sides) also act as weenies drawing you towards the portals in the back. CP main thrust is shops and resteraunts, which makes it more akin to combining the hub and Main Street.

Port of Entry hasn't deterred people away from Islands of Adventure. Celestial Park won't either.

trr1

Super Nintendo World is picking up the pace, plus new official info and footage for Stardust Racers, Helios Grand Hotel & more!​

Universal Epic Universe News Mega Update — BOWSER'S FORTRESS, STARDUST RACERS FOOTAGE, & HELIOS INFO​

Beginning at the entrance, at the front of Celestial Park, the central areas of Epic Universe, work is picking up around the park’s entry courtyard.
The icons and central elements of the Chronos, the name for the decorative part of the tower above the portal, have been confirmed to move by Universal.
New footage of the trains for Stardust Racers was also released. The Astronomica splash pad is receiving colorful a star pattern
and more information
watch if you want about 20 minutes long

UK Disney

Has anyone got any ideas about the potential opening date of Epic. I've seen some recent flyover videos and it seems that there's still quite a bit of work to be done. I would be amazed if it were to open as early as next summer.

rd805

Has anyone got any ideas about the potential opening date of Epic. I've seen some recent flyover videos and it seems that there's still quite a bit of work to be done. I would be amazed if it were to open as early as next summer.

They are flying through -- i feel like soft-openings will be in April.

ToTBellHop

They’ve released hotel packages through the end of April 2025. So, perhaps
1725048552820.jpeg

wdwfan4ver

I'm guessing May or June.

As far as construction, Celestial Park is not as bad as it seems. I know of the things under construction for Celestial Park right now is not supposed opened when Epic Universe opens due to being a phase 2 projects. I am referring to 2 dining locations construction right now actually is a phase 2 project according to Theme Park Stop and other youtube channels that give construction updates.

Rich Brownn

You should have seen the Magic Kingdom six months before opening. Main Street was still open to the tunnels, building were not yet finished, landscaping hadn't even started in many areas. And yet, Oct 1, 90% of the park was done.

build_it

I’m really impressed by where they appear to be with the park. They have installed a lot of greenery and you can really get a sense of the park in this park. I would anticipate they are getting all the large/difficult to move items into the middle, and then we’ll see finalized landscaping and walkways there.
I’m really excited to see the new statues being installed. Nice to see some statuary that’s on theme. I’m sure Epic won’t be perfect, but I do think it will be impressive to see.

Animaniac93-98

I was curious to see how Epic Universe compares to IoA in 1999, and they're similar in attraction count and make up

IoA opened with 12 rides (including the ill fated Skipper Island Tours), 3 indoor theater shows, 3 children's play areas and 2 walk through attractions. The park had 3 roller coaster, 4 boat rides, 3 flat rides and 2 dark rides.

Epic will have 11 rides, 2 indoor theater shows, 2 children's play areas and 1 walk through (the upcharge Bowser's challenge). The park will have 4 roller coasters, 3 dark rides, 2 flat rides, 1 boat ride and Yoshi.

The main thing Epic has is more interactive stuff as that's the focus of many activities, plus a night time show, something IoA still doesn't have. A 12th ride was planned, but scrapped. At least none will require you be with someone under 4ft tall to ride. Coincidentally, they both have dueling coasters upon opening. Epic could use more boat rides first IMO, along with another indoor theater show and/or exhibit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was curious to see how Epic Universe compares to IoA in 1999, and they're similar in attraction count and make up

IoA opened with 12 rides (including the ill fated Skipper Island Tours), 3 indoor theater shows, 3 children's play areas and 2 walk through attractions. The park had 3 roller coaster, 4 boat rides, 3 flat rides and 2 dark rides.

Epic will have 11 rides, 2 indoor theater shows, 2 children's play areas and 1 walk through (the upcharge Bowser's challenge). The park will have 4 roller coasters, 3 dark rides, 2 flat rides, 1 boat ride and Yoshi.

The main thing Epic has is more interactive stuff as that's the focus of many activities, plus a night time show, something IoA still doesn't have. A 12th ride was planned, but scrapped. At least none will require you be with someone under 4ft tall to ride. Coincidentally, they both have dueling coasters upon opening. Epic could use more boat rides first IMO, along with another indoor theater show and/or exhibit.

I never knew about Skipper Island Tours. The video I watched about it mentioned that IoA did have a fire works show when it first opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom