News Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increases coming soon

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Perhaps they'll use the upper seating area of TT, which if I'm not mistaken is used for those with Plaza Gardens Viewing and by then would be empty as those guests would have migrated across to see the show?
Good point. I forgot that those folks move out to watch the fireworks.

prberk

The best place to watch the fireworks shows (no matter which version) was always the middle of Main Street, USA, with Cinderella's castle and fireworks completely in view and overhead. Except on the most crowded days this is always an option, and free. I would never do a dessert party to get closer or a side view.

FigmentForver96

I'm going to go ahead and say it, I would probably do the after party. Here is why:

I can get special viewing for fireworks and then rather than fight with the masses and take a chance at a Mufasa style death, I can kick back and eat some dessert. That's just a maybe though. I probably wouldn't buy it either way.

disney4life2008

I'm going to go ahead and say it, I would probably do the after party. Here is why:

I can get special viewing for fireworks and then rather than fight with the masses and take a chance at a Mufasa style death, I can kick back and eat some dessert. That's just a maybe though. I probably wouldn't buy it either way.

Waste of money. Id rather watch where I want then go to Casey's at closing. They need to improve the menu with better food. Hot wings, meatballs.

FigmentForver96

Waste of money. Id rather watch where I want then go to Casey's at closing. They need to improve the menu with better food. Hot wings, meatballs.
Waste of money, depends who you ask. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

I did Casey's right after, this past trip. Literally finished and pushed into the restaraunt. Hot dog was great!

The Empress Lilly

What makes me mad with the desert parties is how they close off this area when hardly any party attendees stand there. It was my favorite spot to see the fireworks because it offered a perfect view of the castle, wasn't crowded until 5 mins before, and offered great spots to see the fireworks. View attachment 284591
Insane and outrageous. But then, Disney's business is to make your children miserable so you have to pull out your wallet.

In one picture the complete disrespect WDW has for its customers. As shown also by this new plaza area being roped off and sold, under the Orwellian misnomer of 'dessert party'.

J2theGo

So while you watch Fireworks Cast Members can rearrange the First Dessert Party’s leftovers and serve them as if they are new. Charge twice for the same food. Cuts down on leftovers I guess, just seems like something you’d see at a cheap all you can eat buffet and not Disney.

The best deal is have half of your party pay and attend the cheaper offering with tupperware and big purses and bags to fill and have your own little dessert party for half price after fireworks! lol Im joking sort of

J2theGo

Remember when a visit to Disney Parks meant everyone was treated like a true Guest and everyone had the same experience for the price of admission? All these EXCLUSIVE offerings are exactly that. What happened to INCLUSION? I don’t know why they seem to be so desperate for every penny these days maybe they need to cut some of the expensive redundant executives and pay the actual park Cast Members a decent competitive wage. Its the Cast Members who people interact with every day in the Parks that make the experience “magical”. You can’t win over an angry guest with a dessert party. Especially if you charge them for it. Stepping off my soap box now…

cheezbat

I still can't believe how many people fork over the cash for these. I just don't see the value...

I'm all for doing it the way scorp16 does it. Way cheaper and even tastier!

DznyRktekt

I still can't believe how many people fork over the cash for these. I just don't see the value...

I'm all for doing it the way scorp16 does it. Way cheaper and even tastier!
This could be said for any onsite hotel, minivan, cabana, bungalow, DVC, fireworks cruise, keys to the kingdom tour, valet parking, Disney Cruise Line cabin upgrade, themepark view room, table service restaurant, etc.

cheezbat

This could be said for any onsite hotel, minivan, cabana, bungalow, DVC, fireworks cruise, keys to the kingdom tour, valet parking, Disney Cruise Line cabin upgrade, themepark view room, table service restaurant, etc.
Except hotels, minivans, etc are all convenience factors. The dessert parties convenience is really nothing more than designated viewing space, and even then it isn't the best view possible.

DznyRktekt

Except hotels, minivans, etc are all convenience factors. The dessert parties convenience is really nothing more than designated viewing space, and even then it isn't the best view possible.
The convenience is not having to camp out for 2 hrs before launch to be able to see the show.

Biff215

The convenience is not having to camp out for 2 hrs before launch to be able to see the show.
I used to say the same about the Fantasmic dining package, but back then the package price was roughly what I’d pay for dinner anyway. If I ate $60-80 worth of desserts, I’d have serious problems.

To each their own, I guess I’ve just been fortunate to always find a good spot in the hub walking up a few minutes before HEA starts.

I am Timmy

This may be geared to short people. I can vouch that every time my family tries to watch the fireworks in MK now, taller people always move in front of us, within an inch. I mean TALL. And they love to pull out their phones or tablets to record it - always right in my line of sight. If they aren't recording it, they put one of their kids on their shoulders. I still haven't seen a whole show HEA for these reasons, and by all that is holy I'm going to do the plaza dessert party this time, once. I'm going to get in the viewing area the second it opens and head for the best spot where no people can stand an inch in front of me. I remember when that area was for fastpasses, we did that a few times. It was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom