News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Disstevefan1

Disney loves to build DVC’s and if non DVC owners want to drop in they are welcome to pay the insane nightly rates. It’s a win win for Disney.

See, Iger was telling the truth as this is part of the 60B “expansion” of the parks 😉

Bocabear

But remember when the DVC Grand Floridian structure was already topped out and they were still not confirming it was a DVC building...our DVC Guy said he could not even acknowledge at the time they were building anything when there it was...bigger than life...lol I think they were still trying to sell out Saratoga Springs....

nickys

Premium Member
But remember when the DVC Grand Floridian structure was already topped out and they were still not confirming it was a DVC building...our DVC Guy said he could not even acknowledge at the time they were building anything when there it was...bigger than life...lol I think they were still trying to sell out Saratoga Springs....
I think that was Bay Lake Tower. But yes! “No, there’s nothing to see here”.

I doubt they’ll announce this until Poly sales are well underway. Maybe Easter / Summer next year.

Bocabear

I think that was Bay Lake Tower. But yes! “No, there’s nothing to see here”.

I doubt they’ll announce this until Poly sales are well underway. Maybe Easter / Summer next year.
We are BLT DVC... when they started building at the Grand Floridian we called our DVC guy.... That is when he told us he could not confirm that it was a DVC...or that they were building.... anything.... lol

nickys

Premium Member
We are BLT DVC... when they started building at the Grand Floridian we called our DVC guy.... That is when he told us he could not confirm that it was a DVC...or that they were building.... anything.... lol
😂😂
They did the same with BLT. As it was being built obviously you could see it from the monorail. But Disney still refused to confirm anything. It must be their stock answer. 😁

Bocabear

With the bland usualness of the architecture, I am hoping they at least do an amazing feature pool and grounds amentities to make this something special instead of a literal Hampton Inn Wilderness Motel... The Reflections renderings look like every new condo building being currently built. Cheap, modern, and unattractive. If we HAVE to have another blight on the shoreline at WDW, I wish they would at least give it some beautiful architectural chops.
1729004073152.png
1729004134956.png
1729004288489.png

Disstevefan1

With the bland usualness of the architecture, I am hoping they at least do an amazing feature pool and grounds amentities to make this something special instead of a literal Hampton Inn Wilderness Motel... The Reflections renderings look like every new condo building being currently built. Cheap, modern, and unattractive. If we HAVE to have another blight on the shoreline at WDW, I wish they would at least give it some beautiful architectural chops.
View attachment 820716View attachment 820717View attachment 820718
Excellent points. Never gonna happen.
NopeDanny.gif

BrianLo

I have no idea, but I wonder if there is a percentage of DVCs sold that "pays for the resort" and the rest are sold at the insane nightly rate is mostly profit?

Somewhere around a quarter-third of the building being DVC. Margins are incredibly high on build cost.

A unit is speculated at costing the developer at or under 20$/point. Marketing costs and shared spaces being a larger share than the build cost, eating into the margins.

We’ve had some extreme examples like the new VGF units where they probably had broken even during the first couple months of sales. Hence the new Poly Tower snap approval.

BrianLo

Given it seems to be maintaining the previously planned structure, cash rooms (in obvious addition to DVC) seem incredibly likely to me. It’s way too big to be a DVC only offering. It’s also way too big to be a hotel only offering.

In addition to this, they really hacked away at Wilderness Lodge’s cash room count. Magic Kingdom is also getting a ton of investment. For that reason it wouldn’t be surprising that booking is too tight for this area of WDW.

Thinking beyond this a little bit, I still really feel like Riviera will get a second wave with some cash rooms. Unlike Saratoga or Old Key West, it’s proven to be more of a desirable location for cash rates. With an accompanying further reduction in Caribbean Beach, that I don’t think does as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom