News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Bleed0range

I feel like I'm the only person who was very excited by the announcement of this resort. I actually really dig the theme. I just visited the Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland and I thought they did a great job with the renovation and theming. If it's anything like that, which it looks like in the concept art, I can get behind that.

KDM31091

I was asking which cabins.

The CCV cabins at WL or the Cabins at FW?

I agree it’s close to Pioneer Hall, but I don’t know how close either the cabin loops or camping loops are to there.
I was thinking the Cabins at FW may be able to see the tower if it's huge and it would be disruptive. Possibly also from CCV but not sure.

BrianLo

Wait a minute…what year is it?

If you are actually interested. They’ve sold 1 million points in the first seven months so far this year. If nothing changes with the 7-mo average pace (despite it ramping up with recent incentives) they will sell 1.77 million points this year. Which is middle of the road for the prior 2 decades.

Of course, something is also changing, because there is an imminent new product launch coming off the back of likely a fairly strong August.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you are actually interested. They’ve sold 1 million points in the first seven months so far this year. If nothing changes with the 7-mo average pace (despite it ramping up with recent incentives) they will sell 1.77 million points this year. Which is middle of the road for the prior 2 decades.

Of course, something is also changing, because there is an imminent new product launch coming off the back of likely a fairly strong August.
That’s not good…moving further away from the Covid year when people are still spending like drunken sailors? Particularly on travel.

You’re just proving they smashed into their own paywall in mid 2023…which is exactly what all the data and reporting indicates

Don’t believe me…they keep admitting less than ideal in their parks business…and they’re not touting DDC much…mostly cruiseline.

Since when don’t they gloat about anything that can be spun as “positive”?
First time…I guess?

Bobs current plan with dvc seems to be “we can always sell this…let’s ramp up and build more!” To the investors. But he’s probably wrong (recurring theme) and the seas don’t have limitless fish.

We’ll watch and see how it unfolds? They have already prepped attendance bad for next year - out loud - cause they always know…
Does that mean thick timeshare sales? Maybe…possible.

Now Pete can not concern himself about more drive by pot shots…and we “move on”…like illuminations

Bleed0range

If it is indeed Reflections returning, do you guys think it will have a new theme or it will be the same basic thing they announced way back when?

Bleed0range

This seems to be the $1,000,000 question.

Has the Walt Disney Company ever cancelled an announced project before, only to bring it back years later as initially proposed?

It seems like it’s most closely related to the Pop Century resort where half of it was put on hold. But that of course did come back with a different theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom