Enhanced Dining Experience Coming to Be Our Guest Restaurant

PeakSeason

Has anyone booked BOG dinner for after it changes to prix fixe? I'm wondering if you pay in full at the same time you make the reservation, like at CRT.

Disney4family

We have booked it for our upcoming trip. My husband wanted to go on 7/26 (the last day of the old menu), and later on in our trip for the new menu. We did the usual online reserving with our credit card - like any other meal. It was not like CRT (which we just did for a surprisingly wonderful meal this September).
Since not a lot of info has come out about the new menu, I'm not sure if we will actually keep that reservation. If we do, I'll post our experiences with the differences.

PeakSeason

Thank you, @Disney4family. This would be for our January 2019 trip which we can do ADRs for next week. I look forward to hearing about your experience if you end up going. I've always enjoyed our dinners at BOG so I'm hoping that the changes are favorable. The Prix Fixe doesn't bother us as we usually order 3 courses at dinner on vacation anyway.

Disney4family

Thank you, @Disney4family. This would be for our January 2019 trip which we can do ADRs for next week. I look forward to hearing about your experience if you end up going. I've always enjoyed our dinners at BOG so I'm hoping that the changes are favorable. The Prix Fixe doesn't bother us as we usually order 3 courses at dinner on vacation anyway.
I know there are posters here who hate the price fixed menu at CRT, but we had a wonderful dinner there last September.
We're taking my mom to WDW next week (woo-hoo next week!!!!) for her 80th b'day. She's a go-go grandma since she was a phys ed teacher. (She still walks at least 13 miles a day on a beach boardwalk up here every morning on Long Island).
We're surprising her with dinners here since she loves this restaurant. Our flight leaves at 5 am next Thursday so I grabbed a 4pm dinner to enjoy before the pixie dust wears off and we crash.
We have another dinner reserved for 8/1 with the new menu. I don't know if that will be in time for your ADRs or not. I wish we had more info about the whole menu for adults and kids.
Honestly, I've always enjoyed our meals here, too. Even if the food wasn't top notch compared to other restaurants on property, it is the one place that is so immersive, I do fill up with tears when we have to leave. Others can mock me, but it is my WDW experience and my WDW memories and feelings - just as yours are for you and yours.
I'll let ya know...

Sparksfly

We did dinner there once..sort of. Literally had cupcakes and slushies to celebrate my sons birthday...met the Beast...explored..and then left. While we did not do the full dinner experience it was breathtaking inside and the cupcakes were superb :)

Chars0704

I actually really liked the food at BOG. I think I had scallops for dinner. The whole castle was amazing. We were in the main dining area and my daughter was mesmerized. It was amazing. The cupcake was great too. Also it was fun to meet the beast. I’m kind of sad it’s changing.

Disney4family

We dined here last Thursday with the old menu and tonight with the new menu. The new menu is head and shoulders above the old menu. You will not be disappointed. We started with the French onion soup, the lobster bisque and the children's fruit and cheese platter. The recipe for the French onion soup is new with a veal broth (instead of a vegetable broth). Our waitress was correct in that it had much more flavor. Although I've read that the meal will start with a loaf of bread, we were served rolls as before. They were still fresh and hot.
We enjoyed the filet mignon and the chicken dishes for adults and children. The filet melted in your mouth like butter. The chicken was moist and tasty. We also had an amazing bottle of Diane Disney Miller's Silverado Cabernet.
I was so full I could only have little bites of each of the desserts offered on the adult platter. The macaron with fresh raspberries was perfect. I enjoyed the white chocolate Chip cup even thought I've never been a fan of the grey stuff. The Grand Marnier dark chocolate truffle was rich and wonderful. My kids loved painting their Chip with edible paint.
Our waitress explained everything and anything to guide us through the new menu. She was outstanding. The manager even came over to check on our experience.
They will allow you to mix and match between the children and adult menus if you have concerns about one of the courses. They are very flexible.

MarkTwain

Ehh, consider me optimistic. Hopefully the pricing and 2 dining credits will ease up ADR availability a bit, and maybe the quality will get a badly-needed boost too.

bhellmer

Save your 2 sit-down dining credits; the food is bad and not even worth a single dining credit! I ordered the filet mignon medium-rare as did the rest of my party and it was burnt crispy, dry and tough. It actually crunched. There may have been a little pink deep in the middle. but you had to first deal with the thick crunchy outer layer of char-burnt meat which was most of the filet. The grey stuff in the white chocolate cup was unremarkable. The dark chocolate with grand-mar what-ever was disgusting. But, the salad was quite good.

PrincessMia

We ate there last Friday and it was the best meal we had all week, by far. For perspective, we've eaten at many, many of the restaurants on property. My husband and I shared a bottle of wine and got escargot, salad, and the meat/cheese plate as appetizers (there were 3 of us, including DD). All were excellent. We both got the steak cooked medium and it was flawless. DD got the tortellini and really liked it, which surprised me because she's quite picky. The dessert trio was adorable and delicious. We were far too full to eat everything. It was an expensive meal but is at the top of my list for my next trip. Sounds like some people have experienced less satisfying experiences, but we were luckily there on a very "on" night.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I ordered the filet mignon medium-rare as did the rest of my party and it was burnt crispy, dry and tough. It actually crunched. There may have been a little pink deep in the middle. but you had to first deal with the thick crunchy outer layer of char-burnt meat which was most of the filet.
Did you send it back?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There is nothing worse than having to send your food back... Others are eating... Does the kitchen give you something "special" the second time...Frankly, it ruins the whole meal....
I hear you, but there's no excuse for a "signature" restaurant to crisp a filet, then actually expect you to eat it. That should have been a comp with a freshly cooked filet to your liking.

Hockey89

I hear you, but there's no excuse for a "signature" restaurant to crisp a filet, then actually expect you to eat it. That should have been a comp with a freshly cooked filet to your liking.
I agree completely... I usually send back... Get it off the bill and eat at home... I'm odd...

Chars0704

Is it really that bad now? Some of these comments are making me nervous. I booked it again because my husband wanted to do it. We went there before the change though. Our daughter is obsessed with Beauty & the Beast though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom