News Star Wars Galactic Nights returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios in May 2018

JohnD

Too soon to tell. That tropical system in the Gulf will have passed by then. It is the time of year for daily afternoon thunderstorms, though. Hardly a rain out.

Forecast is 100% chance of rain on Saturday (because of that system going due north in the Gulf). By Sunday night, 40% chance of rain with scattered thunderstorms.

OTOH, the forecast was revised to 90% chance of rain. Well, I'm going anyway with poncho in tow.

stichrules

My wife and I were at Hollywood studios yesterday before the galactic nights started and we came across Warwick Davis and he agreed to do a selfie with us. One of the best things to happen to us
5EA73EE7-F8F4-43BC-9686-5903525C33EA.jpeg

Texas84

Had fun but this thing was a bit of a mess. First of all, Star Wars Weekends was much better and I said that in the survey. The food was great, especially the porg drumstick. Chewy missed out. I couldn't get the viewing package online before the event but it was available during the event. The cashiers could only ring up one voucher food item at a time. The first cashier I encountered thought you could only get one item period then have to go back in line. After I asked a manager-looking type about this the cashier mysteriously disappeared. The lines for food were backed up most of the night.

Highlights for me were Troopers in Star Tours, the fan made droids, walk-on TSMM, and the Galaxy's Edge presentation. RnRC was a disappointment. And as always, the CMs were outstanding. Well, except for the one confused cashier.

drod1985

That's a bummer to hear this doesn't live up to SWW. I'm an enormous Star Wars fan but haven't gone to Galactic Nights yet because of the price tag. I'd rather spend that special ticketed event money on MVMCP or NSSH for my son.

RIP Star Wars Weekends. Those were some of my favorite memories at WDW. I'm so glad I went for the final year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom