News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Goofyernmost

I found an article that shows every AA side by side with the actual president. Obviously the earliest presidents don't have real photos but I feel as though the recent ones are all kind of innacurate when compared side by side with an actual photo. I think it would be cool if someday they replaced all the AAs with new ones utizing the technology seen in the Navi.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/disney-world-hall-of-presidents-animatronics-in-real-life-2017-12
Are you talking about the ones that are just standing or sitting, moving their heads, leaning from side to side or the ones that have speaking parts? I ask because I think people turn their heads and lean from side to side pretty much the same way. Those are general human motions, Mannerisms on the speakers are more important and the only ones that I think speak at this point are Abe and Donny boy. Abe we don't know about, Donny we do, but, that is another thread.

Last edited:

Expo_Seeker40

One thing I have always wondered is what will happen down the road when we get to 60 or more Presidents. The stage will be cluttered and role call long. Will the show evolve to be highlights about different Presidents like does now in the film portion and perhaps the stage is decluttered down to a group of 30 or so key presidents past and recent times for the audience?

redsfan4life

I found an article that shows every AA side by side with the actual president. Obviously the earliest presidents don't have real photos but I feel as though the recent ones are all kind of innacurate when compared side by side with an actual photo. I think it would be cool if someday they replaced all the AAs with new ones utizing the technology seen in the Navi.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/disney-world-hall-of-presidents-animatronics-in-real-life-2017-12
Yes I just looked at the article 13 maybe 14 look realistic

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One thing I have always wondered is what will happen down the road when we get to 60 or more Presidents. The stage will be cluttered and role call long. Will the show evolve to be highlights about different Presidents like does now in the film portion and perhaps the stage is decluttered down to a group of 30 or so key presidents past and recent times for the audience?

There's precedent...

1548696833359.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Let's be generous and say that the next 15 presidents each serve a full eight years. Obviously that is unlikely to happen but this is all theoretical. By the time we reach POTUS 60 we would be looking at the current year being around 2139. I highly doubt that the Hall of Presidents will still be around then, whether it be due to a disaster ending all life on Earth, Disney closing the attraction, or WDW closing for some reason, which is entirely possible because nothing stays relevant forever. Now even if we go the other direction and only give each of the next 15 presidents four years, we would still be looking at the year being around 2079. By that time the park would be just over 100 years old.

My point is, it's going to take a very long time for the attraction to become unbearably long unless several of the next 15 presidents fail to complete their first term. I assume HoP will be replaced before we get to that point whether we like it or not.
By 2139, Orlando should be about 20 feet under the surface.

On the positive side, Ariel's Grotto will be a lot more realistic.

deeevo

Jimmy Carter looks like Steve Martin.

Patcheslee

Hall of Presidents has always been and will always be one of my favorite Audio Animatronic shows, regardless of who the president is. I find it fascinating that every US president is together on stage and the roll call is my favorite part. I remember back in 2009 I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to see the Obama version during a soft opening. I remember seeing people standing off to the side of the theater during the show, and at the time I didn't understand how the show was put together, so I assumed they were Secret Service agents because I thought Obama was recording his speech live at the Magic Kingdom. So it's interesting to see how this really is put together.

As a side note, I think the Trump AA looks very very odd to me. Most of the AAs look similar to the presidents, but the Trump AA looks totally off. I doubt they will, but I hope they fix it to look more accurate next time it closes to add the next president.

View attachment 345076View attachment 345077
I just showed my 10yo the AA pic only and she recognized him so guess by a 10yo standard it's okay lol

JohnD

Hall of Presidents has always been and will always be one of my favorite Audio Animatronic shows, regardless of who the president is. I find it fascinating that every US president is together on stage and the roll call is my favorite part. I remember back in 2009 I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to see the Obama version during a soft opening. I remember seeing people standing off to the side of the theater during the show, and at the time I didn't understand how the show was put together, so I assumed they were Secret Service agents because I thought Obama was recording his speech live at the Magic Kingdom. So it's interesting to see how this really is put together.

As a side note, I think the Trump AA looks very very odd to me. Most of the AAs look similar to the presidents, but the Trump AA looks totally off. I doubt they will, but I hope they fix it to look more accurate next time it closes to add the next president.

View attachment 345076View attachment 345077

No arguing that.

Goofyernmost

I would think that unless the political scene changes that show is going to be nothing but a few nearly stationary Presidents. Anyone before FDR is not really a commonly known appearance for most people. Not a single one after that actually look like the person except for certain distinctive features to make them look reasonably familiar. The history of the Hall of Presidents has to include all of them. Who would you leave out, the founding fathers of the country? Whether or not the attraction even exists down the road to the 60th or beyond is not guaranteed. From right now forward if every President served two terms (8 years) by the time we get to President #60 it will be the year 2143 before that happens. I don't plan to wait around to see what they do about that. They have time to add on to the stage. Even if they only served one term that would take us to about 2080. I'm not waiting for that one either.

solidyne

Let's be generous and say that the next 15 presidents each serve a full eight years. Obviously that is unlikely to happen but this is all theoretical. By the time we reach POTUS 60 we would be looking at the current year being around 2139. I highly doubt that the Hall of Presidents will still be around then, whether it be due to a disaster ending all life on Earth, Disney closing the attraction, or WDW closing for some reason, which is entirely possible because nothing stays relevant forever. Now even if we go the other direction and only give each of the next 15 presidents four years, we would still be looking at the year being around 2079. By that time the park would be just over 100 years old.

My point is, it's going to take a very long time for the attraction to become unbearably long unless several of the next 15 presidents fail to complete their first term. I assume HoP will be replaced before we get to that point whether we like it or not.
I would think that unless the political scene changes that show is going to be nothing but a few nearly stationary Presidents. Anyone before FDR is not really a commonly known appearance for most people. Not a single one after that actually look like the person except for certain distinctive features to make them look reasonably familiar. The history of the Hall of Presidents has to include all of them. Who would you leave out, the founding fathers of the country? Whether or not the attraction even exists down the road to the 60th or beyond is not guaranteed. From right now forward if every President served two terms (8 years) by the time we get to President #60 it will be the year 2143 before that happens. I don't plan to wait around to see what they do about that. They have time to add on to the stage. Even if they only served one term that would take us to about 2080. I'm not waiting for that one either.
OK, one of y'all's math is off.

Goofyernmost

OK, one of y'all's math is off.
iHeart forgot that there are still 2 years left before that starts to add in. I rounded up or down partial years depending on my mood. Either way I will not be here to experience it at all. We are statistically correct either way Plus or minus 2 years. One is 120 years away approx. and the other is 60 years away, approx. By then.. ain't nobody gonna remember what the current dudes looked like or care.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom