Character meet and greet shuffle at Disney's Animal Kingdom Fall 2017

TabulaRasa

Animal Kingdom is getting more 'pop up' meets on a pretty consistent basis as of late. Maybe as a way to curb the surge in attendance?

In the last couple of months, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, Brer Rabbit, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Meeko, Ratcliffe, Terk, Jane, Dug, Chip and Dale have all made appearances outside of the park entrance, or with a counterpart (Tarzan - Terk). Hopefully AK starts adding some of these characters to the permanent roster.

IanDLBZF

In the last couple of months, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, Brer Rabbit, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Meeko, Ratcliffe, Terk, Jane, Chip and Dale have all made appearances outside of the park entrance, or with a counterpart (Tarzan - Terk). Hopefully AK starts adding some of these characters to the permanent roster.
MK has been doing a few pop-ups every now and then. For instance, Mary Poppins may be paired with a penguin or 2, Snow White may get paired with Dopey, Suzy and Perla from time to time meet in Fantasyland.

TabulaRasa

MK has been doing a few pop-ups every now and then. For instance, Mary Poppins may be paired with a penguin or 2, Snow White may get paired with Dopey, Suzy and Perla from time to time meet in Fantasyland.
I always have trouble following MK pop-ups when I'm on vacation. They seem to be harder to spot on social media than when training happens in Epcot, or when pop ups happen in Animal Kingdom.

Razgriz

There's no need to be so rude.

Considering that Epcot and DHS don't have 'into the 20s' characters out a day JSchnitz's quote doesn't mean much to me at all.

Epcot: Baymax, Joy, Sadness, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Donald, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mulan, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Alice, Mary Poppins, Anna, Elsa (19)

DHS:Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, Pluto, Doc, Sofia, Jake, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Donald, Daisy, Buzz, Woody, Kylo, Chewbacca, Peter Quill (17)

On top of that DAK actually has pop up characters like Ratcliffe, Meeko, the Brers, Dug, Terk etc

I can't believe you made me take out the time to research this but here we are.
I find it kinda weird they don't have the Rebels characters at DHS.

brb1006

Animal Kingdom is getting more 'pop up' meets on a pretty consistent basis as of late. Maybe as a way to curb the surge in attendance?

In the last couple of months, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, Brer Rabbit, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Meeko, Ratcliffe, Terk, Jane, Dug, Chip and Dale have all made appearances outside of the park entrance, or with a counterpart (Tarzan - Terk). Hopefully AK starts adding some of these characters to the permanent roster.
Thumper and Miss Bunny were both briefly common during the final years of Camp Minnie Mickey starting between 2010 or 2013. Just wish they brought back Flower The Skunk who used to be at both WDW and DL starting in the mid 60's and vanished in the late 70's.

Last edited:

toeknee

I think characters walking around is the coolest thing. It's the 1+ hour waits that I think are shameful. o_O

This! I completely agree. I understand the demand for character greetings is much greater at WDW and needs to be managed - but having been to DL - and seeing Belle and the Beast ride the carousel - nothing beats that. Seeing Goofy come out of back stage and then walking around holding the hands of 2 little kids - nothing beats that.

Daveeeeed

This! I completely agree. I understand the demand for character greetings is much greater at WDW and needs to be managed - but having been to DL - and seeing Belle and the Beast ride the carousel - nothing beats that. Seeing Goofy come out of back stage and then walking around holding the hands of 2 little kids - nothing beats that.
Bands playing on the carousel while waiting in line for 15 minutes to get on Toad! Nothing beats that.

Disneyland does day to day operations like that soooo much better.

IanDLBZF

Already, given the success of the Country Bears roaming in FrontierLand, if WDW can bring in more roaming characters that would be a benefit too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom