Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! announced for nov/dec on MDE

ToTBellHop

The real issue is last year, when both were being shown, it as SWAGS first, then F! and JBJB last. Star Wars was packed when I was there, which was between Christmas and New Year. However because there was no Desert Party for it, we simply walked up from Echo Lake and got a spot in front of one of the pillars. Brilliant view, and that was about 30 minutes before. A CM did tell us we would have to move before JBJB because it was a reserved area, but that was OK.

So no real direct comparison is possible. Also bear in mind the day we went was a few days after Carrie Fisher passed away, so the atmosphere was quite unique. I have never heard a crowd "roar" by way of appreciation quite like that evening. Pretty poignant.
We will wing it then. Honestly I care more about viewing position for Holiday Wishes and Peace on Earth.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Depending on when Illuminations is showing, there is a trick to seeing two (nearly) simultaneous DHS night shows if you have a hopper:

1. One your DHS day, see the DHS night show that doesn't conflict with Illuminations, and then, after seeing it, hop over to Epcot and see Illuminations.

2. On your Epcot day, leave Epcot in the early evening to catch the DHS you missed.

Three night shows in two days.

21stamps

So they're cancelling the Star Wars fireworks in Nov-Dec right up until the night The Last Jedi debuts, which will coincide with an upcharge event I'm sure. Because there won't be any Star Wars hype leading up to the movie's release, I guess?!

As a bonus, they've slotted JBJB at 8pm while keeping Fantasmic at 8:30pm so that a guest cannot see both in the same night. Look, Hollywood Studios has so much to do, it's a two-day park!

Last year was exactly the same.

21stamps

Is the dessert party worth it? Is the place they set it up a better viewing area than what you could get otherwise? We'll be there Dec. 22, and Jingle Bell is supposed to start at 6:30, but the viewing area also includes the show Disney Movie Magic. I cannot find the times for this yet. Is it before or after Jingle? We have a 5:00pm res. for Hollywood and Vine, so I'm trying to squeeze all this together. The schedule also shows Galactic Spectacular for 9:00 pm that night. So we get to see both! Hope that doesn't change.

You would have to cancel your H&V res. I chose the dessert party over Minnie's Holiday Dine around the same time last year.. unfortunately no earlier times were available.

The dessert party was totally worth it!! I've read the same sentiments from people on this site who also attended the party. Go for it! :)
Everyone has to make their own opinion , why should people not see a show or eat at a restaurant solely based on someone else's preferences,I have never seen this show and I booked it , how do you know it hasn't changed ? I'm not going into it looking for fireworks it's a laser projection so for the holidays so maybe going into it under those terms I will like it , maybe others will to , my point is your opinion is your opinion if you don't like it that's fine but stop telling people they shouldn't see it , or saying why would you go , let other make their own opinion , obviously you went and saw it .

If you read the threads/trip reports from people who attended last year, they all appeared to enjoy it. Most of the haters watched it on YouTube and decided that it was horrible.lol

Check out this thread-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/jingle-bell-jingle-bam.929782/

It's so surprising I mean this is Disney , we should all try to be nice and encouraging , if the man would have approached me nicely and said the caps aren't acceptable on theses boards I would have said oh sorry I did not know. But I'm being told to go to North Korea I'm being called a troll whatever the heck that means to me this is bullying because you have been a member longer. It's OK I'll just stay on the dis for the most part I never have any trouble there , enjoy your Disney vacation

sorry

Welcome :).People just like to pounce. Got under my skin too, then realized that it just wasn't worth it, you'll learn to ignore it. Makes it a much better experience! Typically the trip planning and trip report sections here are full of great information and advice!

Last edited:

Sunset7132

Original Poster
You would have to cancel your H&V res. I chose the dessert party over Minnie's Holiday Dine around the same time last year.. unfortunately no earlier times were available.

The dessert party was totally worth it!! I've read the same sentiments from people on this site who also attended the party. Go for it! :)

If you read the threads/trip reports from people who attended last year, they all appeared to enjoy it. Most of the haters watched it on YouTube and decided that it was horrible.lol

Check out this thread-

Welcome :).People just like to pounce. Got under my skin too, then realized that it just wasn't worth it, you'll learn to ignore it. Makes it a much better experience! Typically the trip planning and trip report sections here are full of great information and advice!
Thank you for the link ;)~ Happy planning

I am Timmy

Check out this thread-

So what time do you think I should get for Hollywood and Vine if we also want to do the dessert party? And is the view better than what we would see without it? Thank you for your time, we've only done a couple dessert parties over the years, but they were because it something we thought we couldn't pass up (we did the Osborne Lights one, since it was the last year).

Disneyson

Everyone has to make their own opinion , why should people not see a show or eat at a restaurant solely based on someone else's preferences,I have never seen this show and I booked it , how do you know it hasn't changed ? I'm not going into it looking for fireworks it's a laser projection so for the holidays so maybe going into it under those terms I will like it , maybe others will to , my point is your opinion is your opinion if you don't like it that's fine but stop telling people they shouldn't see it , or saying why would you go , let other make their own opinion , obviously you went and saw it .

I was just making a lighthearted joke, I didn't mean for it to be a condemnation of your outlook on life or anything of the sort. Yes, I have seen it and I did not like it. I would reccomend, if you have to see one or the other, that you go and see Fantasmic. That's all. We don't need to make a big "thing" out of it. I apologize if my small snarky joke irritates you, but if you are frustrated by this type of talk I suggest you alter your expectations for many other people on this message board, who can be ruthlessly scarcastic like no other. You should always do new things and form your own opinions, and I am very happy that you are going to see JBJB for the first time, but if you are not interested in hearing other's opinions, then this might not be a good place to go.

Sunset7132

Original Poster
I was just making a lighthearted joke, I didn't mean for it to be a condemnation of your outlook on life or anything of the sort. Yes, I have seen it and I did not like it. I would reccomend, if you have to see one or the other, that you go and see Fantasmic. That's all. We don't need to make a big "thing" out of it. I apologize if my small snarky joke irritates you, but if you are frustrated by this type of talk I suggest you alter your expectations for many other people on this message board, who can be ruthlessly scarcastic like no other. You should always do new things and form your own opinions, and I am very happy that you are going to see JBJB for the first time, but if you are not interested in hearing other's opinions, then this might not be a good place to go.
Not irritated at all, just puttin in my opinion like everyone else ;)

Greg H

We did this last year. I believe we went early December. We thought the show was enjoyable. IMO though, the dessert party was way over priced for what you got. The desserts were just so-so. Alcohol is included as well though so if you factor that in you can get a little more value. For a family of 4+ though this is pretty pricey. We were most interested in securing good seats to watch the show. The reserved seating area was also fine, but if you have kids you won't be much better off as they still won't be able to see well. When we went last year this show was 'popular' and it was busy. Overall, we will likely watch the show again this year, but we would not do the dessert party again.

21stamps

So what time do you think I should get for Hollywood and Vine if we also want to do the dessert party? And is the view better than what we would see without it? Thank you for your time, we've only done a couple dessert parties over the years, but they were because it something we thought we couldn't pass up (we did the Osborne Lights one, since it was the last year).

If I remember correctly I think Minnie's Holiday Dine started taking reservations for 3:30 or 4pm. I would not go any later than 4.

Rating the view is tough, it's roped off but there are still people in front of you... supposedly it's the "best viewing spot".. I don't know if that's true or not, but I have no desire to camp out an hour or more before a show. The crowds for the show were very large when I was there... and that was on November 28th, so not a holiday week.

ToTBellHop

If I remember correctly I think Minnie's Holiday Dine started taking reservations for 3:30 or 4pm. I would not go any later than 4.

Rating the view is tough, it's roped off but there are still people in front of you... supposedly it's the "best viewing spot".. I don't know if that's true or not, but I have no desire to camp out an hour or more before a show. The crowds for the show were very large when I was there... and that was on November 28th, so not a holiday week.
Holiday Dine will be open for lunch this year, too, so they take reservations from about 11 am to park close.

ToTBellHop

Oh that's great news! Wish they would have done it last year!
Yeah, we are happy about this, too. When we are going, JBJB is at 6:30 pm so a sit-down dinner would be too much of a rush for us. Now we will do Holiday Dine lunch and bring quick service food (or 8 gingerbread cupcakes that we will call "dinner") over to the fireworks viewing site.

Sunset7132

Original Poster

Check out this thread-

We loved it and the dessert party was amazing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom