News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

I'm not really familiar with what it'll look like on the outside. I don't think they'd change it in MK, but I imagine they could recreate the track layout or something similar.

1684955781413.png

Kamikaze

I saw the art on the exterior and really really REALLY hate it... WDW's Space Mountain was the first version and the building is beautiful and iconic... as far as the exterior goes, and the track layout, I don't think you could create a better version...It just really needs to be brought back to something closer to the original style...
As to the exterior - iconic, absolutely. Beautiful? I don't think that fits.

The track layout could definitely be better. Its the worst of all versions currently.

gerarar

Premium Member
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind officially opened 1 year ago today on May 27, 2022.

The longest virtual queue window was on November 30, 2022 – when the 1pm drop lasted for 7 hours and 30 mins! The park that day was open until 9:30pm, reaching a max of BG 184 called at 8:32pm.

7am drop
  • Quickest: May 28, 2022 with 3.4 secs.
  • Longest: Feb 7, 2023 with 2 hrs 41 mins.
1pm drop
  • Quickest: Aug 1, 2022 with 3.04 secs.
  • Longest: Nov 30, 2022 with 7 hrs 30 mins.
6pm drop
  • Quickest: May 30, 2022 with 2.79 secs.
  • Longest: Oct 31, 2022 with 3 hrs 24 mins

The virtual queue system remains in place to today.

Here is a scatterplot of all the VQ drops for the past year, 364 data points/days of drops total (1 day missing due to Hurricane Ian closure).

scatter_plot-937.png

Andrew25

In the past couple of weeks, the last 1-2 hours of park operations it's been a walk-on. Lots of trains are being sent out with seats that could be filled out with guests.

Hoping they add a single-rider option as well someday. No idea how, but it would be awesome if they could.

doctornick

In the past couple of weeks, the last 1-2 hours of park operations it's been a walk-on. Lots of trains are being sent out with seats that could be filled out with guests.

Hoping they add a single-rider option as well someday. No idea how, but it would be awesome if they could.

Didn't they start opening up ROTR to standby late in the day when they were still doing the VQ?

Andrew25

Didn't they start opening up ROTR to standby late in the day when they were still doing the VQ?

Yeah on slower days this was an option. For whatever reason, they never really did it for GOTG and GOTG is more reliable/higher through-put than ROTR.

I don't mind boarding groups during the first few months of ops, but there's a point where the ride is no longer heavily demanded and a stand-by line is better option.

gerarar

Premium Member
From what I remember for Rise, they switched to standby only if they ended up calling all of the distributed BG's for the day.

But for GOTG, they rarely get in the BG 200's anymore, which is where the maximum usually is. The average is BG 180, which is a decrease from when it would reach BG 200+ in its first couple months.

UNCgolf

Thanks. So I take it you need to buy first thing in the morning or good chance you will not get it

It almost never sells out first thing in the morning.

While it does typically sell out eventually, it's usually available until at least mid-morning and often well into the afternoon.

If you don't really care about when you ride, you can just wait and get one of the afternoon boarding groups for free because they're generally easy to get. There are occasional days where they go quickly, but on most days they're available for hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom