News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

gerarar

Premium Member
TRON Lightcycle / Run officially opened to guests 1 year ago on April 4, 2023.

Some virtual queue fun facts:
  • The morning 7am drop during its opening on April 4, 2023 lasted for 3.62 secs. Today on its birthday it went even faster with 3.43 secs.
  • Longest VQ windows:
    • 7am: Nov 1, 2023 with 2hr 6m
    • 1pm: Feb 18, 2024 with 8hrs 58m
    • 6pm: Nov 11, 2023 (MVMCP party night) with 3hrs 56m
  • Shortest VQ windows:
    • 7am: Mar 22, 2023 (soft opening) with 3.09s
    • 1pm: Apr 2, 2023 (soft opening) with 1.69s
    • 6pm: Aug 16, 2023 (MNSSHP party night) with 3.91s
  • There have been 381 morning/afternoon VQ windows and 101 party/EEH VQ windows to date.
    • This includes the soft-openings and previews before the official opening, which utilized the VQ system.
Here's an overview of all the VQ drops/windows over past year+. You can definitely see some patterns like when September rolled around, the morning drops lasted longer than usual. The afternoon drops fluctuate a lot, but there is usually a pattern day-to-day every week.
1000011043.png

Obviously, the VQ is still being used to this day. It remains a question whether the VQ will stay once Tiana's Bayou Adventure opens in a couple months, or will Tron ditch the VQ and move to standby + ILL.
Regardless, it has been fun to track this ride's progress, probably more than Rat and GOTG (and sorta MMRR at DL) at this point. One thing's for sure, I love the data (and math)!

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I finally rode this on my trip last month and I thought it was one of the worst coasters, not just at WDW but, in Orlando. Thank goodness Disney hit it out of the park with Guardians (even if it makes me sick every time I ride it)!

Last edited:

Basil of Baker Street

I finally rode this on my trip last month and I thought it was one of the worst coasters, not just at WDW, but in Orlando. Thank goodness Disney hit it out of the park with Guardians (even if it makes me sick every time I ride it)!
I agree 100%! Rode it last week for the 1st time myself. If I could get it with under a 20 minute wait I would do it again. Just too short of a ride for the investment. Guardians on the other hand was worth every minute of the wait. Story could have been better but the ride itself was outstanding.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I agree 100%! Rode it last week for the 1st time myself. If I could get it with under a 20 minute wait I would do it again. Just too short of a ride for the investment. Guardians on the other hand was worth every minute of the wait. Story could have been better but the ride itself was outstanding.
We were lucky enough to grap a Group 13 return time and our wait was very manageable, maybe 30 minutes tops. That's about as long as I'm willing to wait.

pigglewiggle

I finally rode this on my trip last month and I thought it was one of the worst coasters, not just at WDW but, in Orlando. Thank goodness Disney hit it out of the park with Guardians (even if it makes me sick every time I ride it)!

Really? I get it's short, but it was still very fun. Although I lost my breath screaming on the launch.

Disstevefan1

Wow! A lot of TRON coaster haters.

Are the TRON coaster haters the same folks as the Mission Space haters?

I have not ridden TRON yet. I am looking forward to it, I hope its not as bad as the haters say it is.

Basil of Baker Street

Wow! A lot of TRON coaster haters.

Are the TRON coaster haters the same folks as the Mission Space haters?

I have not ridden TRON yet. I am looking forward to it, I hope its not as bad as the haters say it is.
I don't hate it. Just too short of a ride for the amount of time you wait. Takeoff and 1st turn is exciting but that's about it. RnRC and Velosicoster does it better. I just wouldn't wait long for it. Would be a nice LL pickup.

And I like Mission Space.

Rich Brownn

My two complaints: It feels like the portion from load to launch, and from end break to unload is longer than the actual ride and the fact it brakes so hard entering the show building. It's like it teases you outside with the visible launch and then you hit the brake and slow waaaaay down. It's almost like "ah-ha! fooled you. Ya thought it was all high speed coaster!"

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Tron looks cool in Tomorrowland, but the ride itself is just short and meh imo. Wish it wasn’t a cookie cutter attraction and was enhanced or expanded from the original.

DonniePeverley

Like every modern DIsney ride - way too short, rather than the epic attractions they once built. Probably with an eye on keeping the queues down, rather than building a ride that has legacy for all time.

If Jungle Cruise, Pirates etc were built today they would last a minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom