Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

DisneyFanaticUK

Its amazing really, since 2011 the DHS (in my opinion) has gone from one of my favourite places in the entire world right down to "meh, its probably not even worth visiting during my trip next year".

I am beyond disappointed with Disney right now. Yes the new Mickey ride looks cool, and yes, Mickey really does need more presence in the parks, but the loss of the GMR is unacceptable.

Star Wars Land better be the greatest thing since sliced bread, otherwise I doubt I would even want to go back to DHS.

Meeko77

I was hoping for a more classic feel with the original Mickey Mouse look from the "Mickey's Gala Premier" cartoon to keep with the Hollywood theme. I'm sad they are going in this direction and even sadder that the Great Movie Ride is closing so soon. Thankful my family and I got to ride in the front row just a couple weeks back.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Its amazing really, since 2011 the DHS (in my opinion) has gone from one of my favourite places in the entire world right down to "meh, its probably not even worth visiting during my trip next year".

I am beyond disappointed with Disney right now. Yes the new Mickey ride looks cool, and yes, Mickey really does need more presence in the parks, but the loss of the GMR is unacceptable.

Star Wars Land better be the greatest thing since sliced bread, otherwise I doubt I would even want to go back to DHS.
Every sane person has voiced same verdict: delightful new addition, a disgrace it replaces the GMR instead of being a new ride.

Tavernacle12

I was trying to be more optimistic about this one, but they way they presented it really let me down. Modern Mickey instead of classic Mickey, no Hollywood theme, and it seems to be predominantly screen based with few animatronics? Hopefully that's just due to what was ready to show and we'll see a good amount of animatronics on the ride itself...

PREMiERdrum

I was hoping for a more classic feel with the original Mickey Mouse look from the "Mickey's Gala Premiere" cartoon to keep with the Hollywood theme. I'm sad they are going in this direction and even sadder that the Great Movie Ride is closing so soon. Thankful my family and I got to ride in the front row just a couple weeks back.

Same.

And when this visual design goes out of style (as this type of gritty, pointe-exaggerated look typically does), they're going to be stuck with a really expensive attraction in a showcase location that is completely dated.

It's Walt Disney World. It's a ride about Mickey Mouse. How on earth did they manage to screw this up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom