Disney Springs to offer $25 bonus shopping cards

Bairstow

Downtown Disney, at least the 'version' I was most familiar with, was utter trash. Disney Springs is a much more beautiful experience overall. As others have stated, the food and beverage options alone are worth a visit.

It's definitely improved, and gone more upscale in both its retail offerings and water features, but I'm curious why you would do all the way to "utter trash" with it. Magnetron was a little garish, maybe.

Personally, I still sorely miss the Virgin Megastore from the Downtown Disney heyday. In a pre-Amazon world, that place was heaven for a nerdy teenager.

I am Timmy

I miss the comedy clubs at Pleasure Island. They were so good, and you could hit more than one show in an evening, even with kids! The Improv group usually managed to keep it PG and still be very funny, my boys really miss it. Ok, so the Adventurer's Club got a little more risque the later it got, but early enough you could take the kids, explore the rooms, and the kids loved it! Kungaloosh! Honestly, how many entertainments options are there now?

wendysue

More room for the rest of us then ;) Disney Springs is a huge step up from what was and wasn't there before. But it's still a mall. The idea was to keep tourists shopping there and not going to the malls around Orlando.

And despite those who seem to, for whatever reason, want it to fail, so far it isn't.

I absolutely do not want it to fail...it's just not my cup of tea. I don't go to Disney to shop, I go to vacation. I was just saying that I can go to those same stores almost anywhere. You can have the extra room for the "rest of you".

wendysue

So for international travellers that can't make it up to Chicago, " Disney Springs" is awesome ?

Do the international travelers actually come all the way to WDW to shop at Disney Springs?? Really?? Pretty sure if they just wanted to shop, they could go basically, anywhere....London, Paris, etc. On the other hand, if Disney gets those people to part with their hard earned vacation cash, more power to em'. :)

Bairstow

Do the international travelers actually come all the way to WDW to shop at Disney Springs?? Really?? Pretty sure if they just wanted to shop, they could go basically, anywhere....London, Paris, etc. On the other hand, if Disney gets those people to part with their hard earned vacation cash, more power to em'. :)

Oh absolutely. It's not like they've come to Disney World to shop, but like most people they'll drop by for an evening or two as part of a longer Disney trip. Disney Springs may be their one chance to go boutique shopping while they're stateside. Depending on the exchange rates, international guests often find the prices rather attractive compared to what certain brands cost back home. Many of the shoppers are teenagers on group trips away from their parents who have hundreds of dollars of spending money burning holes in their pockets. This is the reason you find Sunglass Hut locations inside the Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure; American teenagers aren't going to pay premium prices for designer sunglasses while they're in a theme park, but foreign teenagers with their parents money often will.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Oh absolutely. It's not like they've come to Disney World to shop, but like most people they'll drop by for an evening or two as part of a longer Disney trip. Disney Springs may be their one chance to go boutique shopping while they're stateside. Depending on the exchange rates, international guests often find the prices rather attractive compared to what certain brands cost back home. Many of the shoppers are teenagers on group trips away from their parents who have hundreds of dollars of spending money burning holes in their pockets. This is the reason you find Sunglass Hut locations inside the Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure; American teenagers aren't going to pay premium prices for designer sunglasses while they're in a theme park, but foreign teenagers with their parents money often will.
What they said :)

wendysue

Ok. I get it. Disney wants every dollar they can get, and this place must work for some, just not for me.

aprincessatlasst

I'm not at all a shopper but Uniqlo is great, love that store

That is the one store that will get me to go back to DS. Unique stuff however the quality is meh...but fun designs. It helps its right across from the lego store my kids love. Not that they can't get that stuff here it is just extra special on vacation.

I personally think DS is for more of the offsite folks or for those who only get a few days worth of tickets or no tickets at all. It is a nice WDW fix for us pre cruise when we go on DCL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom