News What time is the 2 o'clock parade?

Mat Cauthon

Of course this is about the effect of the reduced hours on the 1-day guest
I would hope the 1-day guest would look at a park calendar and just not go on a day when they were closing early. That way they get more bang for their buck. Shouldn't require planning too far in advance if they are doing other things in Orlando as well. Maybe I'm over simplifying the issue but seems pretty easy to me.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Sorry to bring this back around to the subject of the parade being moved to 2pm but I reserved the package for the parade at Tonys Town Square and my reservation for lunch is at 115 its not possible to eat lunch and get to the parade by 2. How do they expect someone to make arrangements when they change things after reservations are made?
I had the same issue. I changed my reservation to 12:30. I tried to chat with someone on the Disney site about it, and then said there has been no official announcement of the parade time moving. I then asked why the calendar for that day says the parade is at 2 and then we happened to be disconnected.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would hope the 1-day guest would look at a park calendar and just not go on a day when they were closing early. That way they get more bang for their buck. Shouldn't require planning too far in advance if they are doing other things in Orlando as well. Maybe I'm over simplifying the issue but seems pretty easy to me.

If you are on business or a convention or cruise you may only HAVE one day and if that intersects with the party well you are outta luck No amount of preplanning is going to fix that as that MK visit is secondary to the primary purpose of the visit.

Once when Disney actually cared about guest satisfaction there was a 6 PM fireworks show for the 'day' guests and then party started at 7

People who say you need to 'plan better' enable this any many other examples of corporate bad behavior by Disney.

jakeman

If you are on business or a convention or cruise you may only HAVE one day and if that intersects with the party well you are outta luck No amount of preplanning is going to fix that as that MK visit is secondary to the primary purpose of the visit.

Once when Disney actually cared about guest satisfaction there was a 6 PM fireworks show for the 'day' guests and then party started at 7

People who say you need to 'plan better' enable this any many other examples of corporate bad behavior by Disney.
You're missing the point. Yeah the decision lowers the numbers of hours for the ticket that day, but the consumer can decide if the value for the ticket is still there with an hour less park time.

You're acting like the consumer has no choice but to go to MK and participate in a transaction with a lesser value. Disney isn't forcing them to make the purchase.

So yeah, preplanning can fix that with the decision in the hands of the consumer, who, believe it or not, have free will.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
You're missing the point. Yeah the decision lowers the numbers of hours for the ticket that day, but the consumer can decide if the value for the ticket is still there with an hour less park time.

You're acting like the consumer has no choice but to go to MK and participate in a transaction with a lesser value. Disney isn't forcing them to make the purchase.

So yeah, preplanning can fix that with the decision in the hands of the consumer, who, believe it or not, have free will.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80.jpg

21stamps

Question-

When I went to WDW last Nov/Dec the park hours were shorter than park hours in the summer. Was I cheated out of "value"?

wdwfan22

If you are on a cruise or attending a convention then technically you are not in Orlando to Visit Walt Disney World. I swear you are by far the most negative person on these boards.

Little Green Men

I was at Disneyland last week for five days and the firework show was only scheduled for ONE day I was there. The day it was scheduled it was cancelled so I never got to see the fireworks.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Question-

When I went to WDW last Nov/Dec the park hours were shorter than park hours in the summer. Was I cheated out of "value"?

No park hours are tied to attendance levels. Based on the anticipation that guests will spend more or less time in the park based on crowds and demand for attractions.

Also the MK on non party nights was usually opened to 10 and then during thanksgiving and xmas week you had 1am closings. So your supposition does not hold water.

21stamps

No park hours are tied to attendance levels. Based on the anticipation that guests will spend more or less time in the park based on crowds and demand for attractions.

Also the MK on non party nights was usually opened to 10 and then during thanksgiving and xmas week you had 1am closings. So your supposition does not hold water.

I was waiting for some to say something similar to your post. The party days while I was there, had much lower crowds than the prior day. So, if you don't care about fireworks then that would be the better crowd day to go.

Also, the year before last we went on Labor Day weekend and the following week..park hours were longer that week than Thanksgiving weekend and the following week in 2016.. Thanksgiving weekend and following week definitely had more crowds as well as higher prices. So, yeah, that does hold a little water. :)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
IMG_0011.PNG
IMG_0011.PNG
IMG_0010.PNG
I was waiting for some to say something similar to your post. The party days while I was there, had much lower crowds than the prior day. So, if you don't care about fireworks then that would be the better crowd day to go.

Also, the year before last we went on Labor Day weekend and the following week..park hours were longer that week than Thanksgiving weekend and the following week in 2016.. Thanksgiving weekend and following week definitely had more crowds as well as higher prices. So, yeah, that does hold a little water. :)

Please stop the double talk. It would be a lot easier just to admit you were wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.PNG
    IMG_0012.PNG
    177.7 KB · Views: 135

21stamps

View attachment 207580 View attachment 207580 View attachment 207577

Please stop the double talk. It would be a lot easier just to admit you were wrong.

I'm not wrong. You can look up all of the calanders that you wish. I can tell you that the park days I was there in Nov/Dec 2016 were shorter than the days when I was there in September 2015.
I don't need to google it.. I have plenty of my own photos and my own memory to go by.

I can also tell you that the park on a party day was less crowded than a non party day. You can argue that to though if you wish.

I'm sorry that this 1 hour change has a great impact on you. Luckily, it doesn't mess with my schedule too much.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm not wrong. You can look up all of the calanders that you wish. I can tell you that the park days I was there in Nov/Dec 2016 were shorter than the days when I was there in September 2015.
I don't need to google it.. I have plenty of my own photos and my own memory to go by.

I can also tell you that the park on a party day was less crowded than a non party day. You can argue that to though if you wish.

I'm sorry that this 1 hour change has a great impact on you. Luckily, it doesn't mess with my schedule too much.

Why let the facts obscure your usual nonsense. Your entire statement is blatantly wrong. Instead of just admitting it you burry yourself deeper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom