Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I know this is a totally random question but I'm just curious what vlogging really is and what the purpose of it is. I mean I understand it in this instance in the sense that it is relaying specific information about a specific place. But just some random youtuber filming random things in their life? Is that what vlogging is and why do people care? I mean suppose I start a thread on here called "This is what I done today..." and then just logged on everyday and said "I went to UPS and delivered boxes. Then I came home and ate supper. Then I got on the internet. Then I went to bed." Would people be all about that? I'm guessing no. So, out of pure curiosity, what is the appeal of vloggers in general or am I misunderstanding what vlogging is?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I know this is a totally random question but I'm just curious what vlogging really is and what the purpose of it is. I mean I understand it in this instance in the sense that it is relaying specific information about a specific place. But just some random youtuber filming random things in their life? Is that what vlogging is and why do people care? I mean suppose I start a thread on here called "This is what I done today..." and then just logged on everyday and said "I went to UPS and delivered boxes. Then I came home and ate supper. Then I got on the internet. Then I went to bed." Would people be all about that? I'm guessing no. So, out of pure curiosity, what is the appeal of vloggers in general or am I misunderstanding what vlogging is?
Vlogs are for people who either (a) don't have a life and live vicariously through other peoples' lives, or (b) want to find out interesting things other people do for various reasons. The vloggers themselves are motivated by (c) narcissism, ego, and/or talent, and/or (d) ad revenue from building up a huge following of people who watch for reasons (a) or (b). Those who encourage you to subscribe and like are doing just that.

In this thread, the OP asked about Disney vloggers from Florida. This would be a (b) instance, where the body of knowledge is video of WDW, and as we can attest, there are many who share that common interest. I'm not denying that there is some element of (a) in it as well, but I'll give OP and us the benefit of the doubt and state for the record that we're interested in Disney and would willingly watch (at least the first few minutes of) videos from WDW regardless of the vlogger's personality (or lack thereof).

Some vloggers are interesting people in their own right, and can artfully discuss their lives and/or interests in informative and entertaining fashion. Those who can combine a pleasant video personality with specific interests can do quite well on YouTube.

Others, on the other hand, are huge time sinks. You can generally tell those within the first 2 minutes when they post an interesting title to their vlog, then spend the first several minutes rattling on about some uninteresting minutiae about themselves or something other than the purported topic. An example pertinent to this discussion would be a vlogger who titled their post "Shocking Encounter with Goofy at WDW," then proceeded to spend 5 minutes of "talking head" about their car troubles.

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

All these vloggers get rich of all the people watching their videos. Tim Tracker puts out 5 videos a week, each getting a million views. He is probably making 5-10 grand a month. Plus, they set up a PO Box and people actually send them gifts. Coffee machines, shirts, trading pins, etc etc. Then, because they unofficially advertise for the parks, Sea World and Universal get them into their parks for special events. I wish I lived in Florida and could make money by going to parks everyday.

Sans Souci

I watch videos on YT, but they tend to be "dry" technical ones (e.g., cake decorating, cooking, etc.) However, I am always amused when I get suggested video that are "Ten Things You Didn't Know about Me," "Watch Me Try on All These Clothes That I Got for Free," and "What's in My Purse." (Don't get me started on Mukbang. SMH) I don't understand why people want to see this stuff, but I guess I am not the demographic. I don't like feeding hungry egos, either.

Tyaloo

Original Poster
There are a lot of crazy videos out there, that's the truth! I just enjoy watching new footage of the parks.

You know when Avatar opens up, youtube will explode with reviews, etc - and I want to see lol! I'm so excited about it :)! I feel like it helps me not miss Disney as much if I can virtually walk around the parks. I'm sure that sounds lame :oops:.

It's hard to find a good vlogger too -that doesn't annoy you or seems full of themselves and rambles on and on! That's why I'm asking for suggestions :).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
All these vloggers get rich of all the people watching their videos. Tim Tracker puts out 5 videos a week, each getting a million views. He is probably making 5-10 grand a month. Plus, they set up a PO Box and people actually send them gifts. Coffee machines, shirts, trading pins, etc etc. Then, because they unofficially advertise for the parks, Sea World and Universal get them into their parks for special events. I wish I lived in Florida and could make money by going to parks everyday.
To my mind, a quality vlogger has a specific "hook," which could be an area of technical or other specialization, a pleasing on-camera presence, and original content that shows something more than just them sitting on a bed talking about themselves.

I like vlogs that are true to their topics, spend no more than a minute introducing themselves or maintaining viewer interest, illustrate the vlog's topic, and are fairly direct and scoped to the topic at hand. That doesn't mean they have to be short, but they should stay focused on the main theme. I've watched vlogs that are over an hour long on topics in which I hold strong interest.

I DON'T like vlogs that meander, are static "talking head" shots (unless very technically specific), incorporate obnoxious music, or insult the viewers' intelligence.

This is not an endorsement, but since he was mentioned, The Tim Tracker's vlog posts are generally very easy to watch.

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

To my mind, a quality vlogger has a specific "hook," which could be an area of technical or other specialization, a pleasing on-camera presence, and original content that shows something more than just them sitting on a bed talking about themselves.

I like vlogs that are true to their topics, spend no more than a minute introducing themselves or maintaining viewer interest, illustrate the vlog's topic, and are fairly direct and scoped to the topic at hand. That doesn't mean they have to be short, but they should stay focused on the main theme. I've watched vlogs that are over an hour long on topics in which I hold strong interest.

I DON'T like vlogs that meander, are static "talking head" shots (unless very technically specific), incorporate obnoxious music, or insult the viewers' intelligence.

This is not an endorsement, but since he was mentioned, The Tim Tracker's vlog posts are generally very easy to watch.

We watch him all the time as well. Before our yearly trip, my son and daughter watch every one of his videos. I like him as well. There are some I cant watch, but his videos are very good. I was just explaining why there are so many vloggers. Money. Tracker gets probably 10 million views a month, multiply that by 2 cents, and that explains the Vlogger phenomenon right now.

MissViv

I really like Gillian at Home but she lives in Canada. She has a lot of videos for Walt Disney World, a trip to Disneyland and a trip to Disneyland Paris. They are really fun and funny to watch!!

Also, Spokesmayne is pretty good. I found him when checking out magic kingdom view rooms at Contemporary. He lives in Orlando and just recently became a vlogger fulltime.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

There's a guy named BigFatPanda that has some really passionate Disneyworld videos. When we were at the Animal Kingdom DVC event last year I happened to run in to him and recognize him and talked to him for a second. He was a really nice guy.i said "Hey! Big Fat Panda!" and my wife looked at me like I was about to get punched because she thought I was insulting some random dude. LOL! He's not a DVC member but is friends with one who let him go that night in his place and review the event. I don't know if his channel technically counts as a "vlog" since I'm not all that hip in to internet lingo but I suppose you could at least call it informative if that's what you're looking for. LOL!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I really like Gillian at Home but she lives in Canada. She has a lot of videos for Walt Disney World, a trip to Disneyland and a trip to Disneyland Paris. They are really fun and funny to watch!!

Also, Spokesmayne is pretty good. I found him when checking out magic kingdom view rooms at Contemporary. He lives in Orlando and just recently became a vlogger fulltime.
If you go to dvcnews.com they have a "room finder database" which basically lets you see the view from pretty much any room at Disneyworld. Maybe that will help you in the future. There is sort of a trick where you can stay at BLT and have a literal MK view without having a "technical" MK view. There are rooms that verge on being a MK view room that you can request from Disney and I always love having a MK view room but to save on points to please my wife I will sometimes request very specific "lake view" rooms that still have a pretty good view of the MK. That way there's a compromise reached between us because she doesn't think the MK view rooms warrant the amount of points they cost. Maybe this will help you or others in the future that try this. I've used the same trick at AK for a savanna view as well. Really works well there.

Tyaloo

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the info - I've got some watching ahead of me! I was watching a spokesmayne one, and he ran into 3 more disney vloggers and gave their names - sweet! One is Disney Lifestylers - and I think she is friends with Big Fat Panda!

I watched a couple vlogs about ordering the secret nachos at Pecos Bill - it's something I won't do because of the cost, so it was fun to watch the whole process from start to finish!

ratherbeinwdw

I love to watch Tim and Jenn. I like that their videos are current. They tell it like it is. If something isn't right, they tell you. They go all over the country to many different parks. The filming is top notch. I just finished watching their Disneyland, California Adventure, Knots Berry Scary Farm, and Universal Studios-- CA, series. They also have a good one on Legoland.

mergatroid

When researching the Crystal Palace buffet breakfast on youtube, I came across this video. At the 5:40 mark I witnessed one of the most disgusting bits of footage out there, somebody eating food with their mouth open and talking to the camera simultaneously :greedy:

Some things don't need vlogging in their entirety :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom