• No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

A show that ran for, what, 3+ years, and people acting like it’s had a life-changing 20-year run…

1632960154251.gif

Disney Analyst

A show that ran for, what, 3+ years, and people acting like it’s had a life-changing 20-year run…

View attachment 589991

I mean, life-changing in the fact that it finally put the nail in the coffin of a tired, old and stale show and seems to finally ushered in an era of actually updating the fireworks more often at MK.

Thank you Happily Ever After!

Matthew

I never thought I would prefer a show to Wishes… but HEA is my all time favourite… my son was born in January 2020 and ever since he was one year old whenever he won’t settle at night we’ve sat and watched HEA on YouTube and he’s loved it and as he’s got older he claps and cheers like the audience on the video…. Tonight he woke up upset at around 1am which was the time HEA was starting so we watched the Disney parks YouTube video and he settled straight away after it… I’ll always be gutted that I was never able to view it live with him.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I was at the 'final' showing tonight at MK.
Great showing, great crowd....and there was indeed a crowd packed tightly on Main Street.

Great reactions from the audience, and yes, the 'journey coming to a end' line near the conclusion had people wiping tears.

Nice to finally see this in person.
Never wanted to deal with the crowd situation...so often missed it in the Park but figured this was the time.
Much more impressive in person...and being in a good audience primed for it helped make it more of a event and a more memorable expereince.
Glad I made the effort to see it live.

-

Disone

I was at the 'final' showing tonight at MK.
Great showing, great crowd....and there was indeed a crowd packed tightly on Main Street.

Great reactions from the audience, and yes, the 'journey coming to a end' line near the conclusion had people wiping tears.

Nice to finally see this i person.
Never wanted to deal with the crowd situation...but figured this was the time.
Very much more impressive in person.

-
I'm glad you saw it in person. I wish you had the opportunity to have seen it in person prior to the covid shutdown. The current post covid version, while still great, was watered down.

Let's see if they can get lightning in a bottle twice in a row.....

Figments Friend

I'm glad you saw it in person. I wish you had the opportunity to have seen it in person prior to the covid shutdown. The current post covid version, while still great, was watered down.

Let's see if they can get lightning in a bottle twice in a row.....

So what was missing...?
There seemed to be a lot happening tonight.
Rooftop spotlights, lots of pyro, rooftop pyro launches, the projections, Tinkerbell flew...

I've watched video presentations through the years but haven't seen it enough times to likely notice the changes.

-

gerarar

Premium Member
So what was missing...?
Rooftop spotlights, lots of pyro, rooftop pyro launches, the projections, Tinkerbell flew...

I've watched video presentations through the years but haven't seen it enough times to likely notice the changes.

-
Lots of castle/FL pyro had been reduced over the years and especially after the closure. Lasers are MIA. Spotlights have been on and off since the closure, but they were fully working tonight (yay!).

The one plus that did happen post-closure were updated projections to coincide with the 50th decorations. It was predicted long ago, even in this thread, that Disney wouldn’t decorate the castle since it would “mess” up the projections; but alas they did anyways!

maxgoof

Hi gang, I know I don't post here often, but I was at MK tonight and was heading to the haunted mansion during the final showing tonight. When I arrived at the mansion, all the location, almost all the caretakers of the mansion were outside watching the show, and totally enjoying it. Even to the point of smiling and dancing along. I know how hard this is for CM's, but I jokingly said, they were breaking character ( not in those words, but CM lingo) I told them to enjoy the show, as I went to ride. (I've see the show many times) when I came out, some were heading back in crying, and I totally sympathized with them... and I actually had a long talk with a couple of CM's saying how glad I was that they were able to enjoy the show.... In fact, alot of CM's were outside their attractions watching the show an I told them how thankful I was for them, and to enjoy the final show!! I am glad to always thank the CM's for doing an awesome job, and making that magic happen!!

Disone

So what was missing...?

-
Lasers. Rooftop fireworks are reduced.

wtyy21

Lasers. Rooftop fireworks are reduced.
Same as Disneyland since 2019, rooftop fireworks were reduced or modified in older firework shows predating Mickey's Mix Magic in order to accompaning more small-sized firework shells behind the IASW and utilizing fountain equippment at the Rivers of America.

Disneyland Forever (with reduced rooftop pyro)

Halloween Screams (with reduced rooftop pyro)

Believe... In Holiday Magic (with reduced rooftop pyro)

4th of July fireworks in 2019 (with modified pyro/fireworks)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom