WDW Cancels all Run Disney Events for Tomorrow 1/7/17 including Half Marathon

21stamps

I didn't mention anything about the FULL marathon did I? Nope. And I did compliment them on their accomplishments if you actually read everything.
The guy you're attacking just ran 3 races, one of which was a full marathon...and you're questioning the validity of his Half medal?
There is a world of difference between a half and a full.. I'm not taking away from the half..but they are extremely different runs...and different after effects.

All I'm saying is it's not very nice to try to show anything negative towards someone who just did such an awesome accomplishment.

To the group- Does anyone participating in all of the events ever forfeit after the first 3? Or end up walking during the full? Or is it mostly comprised of very serious runners?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I feel very badly for everyone who trained for it, traveled for it, used up days off for it, etc. It's just unfortunate timing. I think WDW handled it very well all around. Very happy to hear about the spontaneous runs!

You are a beautiful human being.

You missed my point. Yes, they do have to pay for travel, hotels, food, and other expenses. But does the company who's putting on the race get all of those expenses from their runners too? No. Just Disney, and they aren't "loosing" anything, especially when they give them a gift card to spend on everything Disney while they are there. The money was never lost.

You are a miserable human being.

You've stated that you don't "pay to run", so you have no experience of race events. All of them include the proviso that there are no refunds if the event is cancelled. So what if the "refund" is in the form of a gift card? It's far more than they were obligated to do. The runner can use it to pay off their hotel bill if staying on property, or have themselves a nice meal. The Disney marathon is not NY or Boston, anyone who comes to run it has at least some interest in Disney.

You've posted here for years saying you were a WDW cast member. Then you weren't. Now you just seem bitter about a division of the company that you had no part in.

I have no horse in this race, since I decided I was priced out of runDisney events after last year. But just because I no longer find value in an event, doesn't mean I can't recognize the organizer going the extra mile, as it were.

raven

The guy you're attacking just ran 3 races, one of which was a full marathon...and you're questioning the validity of his Half medal?
There is a world of difference between a half and a full.. I'm not taking away from the half..but they are extremely different runs...and different after effects.

All I'm saying is it's not very nice to try to show anything negative towards someone who just did such an awesome accomplishment.
I never ATTACKED anyone. I challenged his choice of words. There's a "world of difference" in that as well. Once again, I congratulated him on his accomplishments this weekend in another post.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You said you ran the Dopey Challenge this weekend. That includes all 4 races. Now you are claiming you haven't run the 13.1 yet. That's part of that challenge though. I know what I'm talking about.

But getting a medal for a race that you didn't actually run yet doesn't mean much does it? I mean you paid around $200 for it so I guess it's worth it though.

Oh good. It is a forum after all. But Buh Bye :D

I didn't mention anything about the FULL marathon did I? Nope. And I did compliment them on their accomplishments if you actually read everything.

I never attacked anyone. YOU did:

Just can't leave, eh? Let me show you the door.

Seriously, just put down your internet-connected device and back away from this thread. You're not doing anyone any good.

raven

I called you out for what you were doing to others. Defend yourself all you want.

Haha. I have no plans of leaving.
And I called you out for name calling.
You are a miserable human being.

You've stated that you don't "pay to run", so you have no experience of race events.
Excuse me? Do you even know me? I am a very happy human being and I'm not miserable at all. But thank you for your $.02 that you so hatefully threw at me.

No, I don't pay to run. But how does that equal having no experience of race events? It doesn't. don't know me.
Seriously, just put down your internet-connected device and back away from this thread. You're not doing anyone any good.
And you are by calling me "a miserable human being?" Had you actually taken the time to read everything I was responding to instead of just quoting all my posts I think you'd find you look really ignorant right now.

21stamps

Excuse me? Do you even know me? I am a very happy human being and I'm not miserable at all. But thank you for your $.02 that you so hatefully threw at me.

No, I don't pay to run. But how does that equal having no experience of race events? It doesn't. don't know me.

And you are by calling me "a miserable human being?" Had you actually taken the time to read everything I was responding to instead of just quoting all my posts I think you'd find you look really ignorant right now.

Because regardless of if you are sponsored by a company, or if you raised money, or if you paid yourself- you sign the exact same waiver for it. I've done all 3. All are the same registration, same waiver, same entrance fee.

jakeman

giphy.gif

raven

Because regardless of if you are sponsored by a company, or if you raised money, or if you paid yourself- you sign the exact same waiver for it. I've done all 3. All are the same registration, same waiver, same entrance fee.
Agreed.

peter11435

You did. The difference is that I actually recognize the fact that I called you a name.

Except multiple people have read everything you responded and interrupted it as you being mean and attacking their accomplishments. Maybe that's not how you intended your comments to come across. But to everyone actually reading what you wrote it sounds like you are attacking them.

raven

Except multiple people have read everything you responded and interrupted it as you being mean and attacking their accomplishments. Maybe that's not how you intended your comments to come across. But to everyone actually reading what you wrote it sounds like you are attacking them.
Yet I congratulated them at the same time? :confused: I simply questioned the winning of a medal that wasn't actually won and also counting the canceled race as completing the Doping Challenge. That's it.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Dude or chick (no idea), I've read every hateful word that you've posted in this thread.

Wait, I'll back off from "hateful" and replace it with "disgruntled".

We've been around here an equivalent amount of time. I've read your posts here for almost 15 years. Something happened in the last few that turned you bitter. Towards WDW in general, I couldn't give a damn about your attitude.

This thread is about runners who paid a bunch of money to run a race and get a medal. Weather interfered. You said early on that you "don't pay to run", therefore how could you relate to taking the chance that you pay your $ and something happens to cancel the run? In 99 44/100ths of the time, you'd be out your registration fee and that would be understood.

And 98% of runners would be fine with that. But you don't pay to run, so how would you know? I can go out my front door and run for miles without paying for it, but I wouldn't get a medal

raven

Dude or chick (no idea), I've read every hateful word that you've posted in this thread.

Wait, I'll back off from "hateful" and replace it with "disgruntled".

We've been around here an equivalent amount of time. I've read your posts here for almost 15 years. Something happened in the last few that turned you bitter. Towards WDW in general, I couldn't give a damn about your attitude.

This thread is about runners who paid a bunch of money to run a race and get a medal. Weather interfered. You said early on that you "don't pay to run", therefore how could you relate to taking the chance that you pay your $ and something happens to cancel the run? In 99 44/100ths of the time, you'd be out your registration fee and that would be understood.

And 98% of runners would be fine with that. But you don't pay to run, so how would you know? I can go out my front door and run for miles without paying for it, but I wouldn't get a medal
Ah, one of my fans! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom