Pandora opening date? - New Florida Resident Ticket w/AK Blockout Dates in May/June

Princess Leia

Can anyone recall if Mine Train had soft openings before the grand opening date was announced? If my memory serves me (which it doesn't always) I thought it had been going through soft openings before an official opening date was announced (which ended up being about 2 month after soft openings had started). I'm pretty sure that Mine Train was more or less open all the time in the days (possibly weeks) leading up to the grand opening. Would seem logical for them to do something similar here.
After what happened with Frozen Ever After, I think Disney will need the unofficial soft opening to work out all of the kinks.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Can anyone recall if Mine Train had soft openings before the grand opening date was announced? If my memory serves me (which it doesn't always) I thought it had been going through soft openings before an official opening date was announced (which ended up being about 2 month after soft openings had started). I'm pretty sure that Mine Train was more or less open all the time in the days (possibly weeks) leading up to the grand opening. Would seem logical for them to do something similar here.
yes it had soft openings... and if I remember correctly might have had special access for AP or DVC members prior to the official opening as well.. I know TSMM did at DHS

raven

I don't think this has anything to do with AP passes - just Florida resident tickets
That's what I meant really.

Local Orlando radio station had people call in yesterday morning to share one thing that people can't believe they haven't done yet. Many long-time locals still haven't stepped a foot inside a Disney park. Reasons given? Price and crowds.

jt04

That's what I meant really.

Local Orlando radio station had people call in yesterday morning to share one thing that people can't believe they haven't done yet. Many long-time locals still haven't stepped a foot inside a Disney park. Reasons given? Price and crowds.

I was just researching AP prices for Florida residents. They are practically subsidizing them they are so inexpensive*. I will definitely be getting an annual pass soon.

*assuming you are willing to accept some or a lot of black-out dates.

Kman101

Honestly the weekday select pass, now with parking included is, to me, a great deal. I don't want to be there when the pass is blocked out anyway and weekends don't usually matter to me so it works out well. Only reason I keep end up being a passholder again and again is because of it.

jt04

Honestly the weekday select pass, now with parking included is, to me, a great deal. I don't want to be there when the pass is blocked out anyway and weekends don't usually matter to me so it works out well. Only reason I keep end up being a passholder again and again is because of it.

Plus the ability to make monthly installments makes it easily affordable. I didn't even know they had that until yesterday. Very very cool.

Plus, if ever wanting to go during blackouts there is always the option for special event tickets.

Kman101

Plus the ability to make monthly installments makes it easily affordable. I didn't even know they had that until yesterday. Very very cool.

Even paying full price for the weekday select isn't awful if you can swing it but I like the monthly payment option. I know some on here don't but it's nice they offer it.

I'm surprised they still offer the Epcot after 4 pass.

jt04

Even paying full price for the weekday select isn't awful if you can swing it but I like the monthly payment option. I know some on here don't but it's nice they offer it.

I'm surprised they still offer the Epcot after 4 pass.

I was shocked too. It appears it has no blackout days hence the price. Guessing that is for people who like their daily dose of WS.

danv3

Pandora was announced for "Summer 2017"...

It was. And these dates are in the spring. So if these are the intended opening dates, Disney is coming in weeks ahead of schedule. I'll believe that when I see it!

Personally I expected approximately September 20 when I heard "summer."

MagicHappens1971

7DMT had softs during the 24 hour event, which I believe was 2-3 days before grand opening.

YodaMan

FYI, cast member block-out dates for May were just posted a few hours ago. Cast members can't get themselves into Animal Kingdom over Memorial Day weekend (27th-29th) and they can't get their guests into Animal Kingdom from the 20th-31st. None of the other parks have any block-outs in May for cast members. Seems to mesh closely with the AP block-out dates.

Viget

FYI, cast member block-out dates for May were just posted a few hours ago. Cast members can't get themselves into Animal Kingdom over Memorial Day weekend (27th-29th) and they can't get their guests into Animal Kingdom from the 20th-31st. None of the other parks have any block-outs in May for cast members. Seems to mesh closely with the AP block-out dates.

Well, it's not blockout dates for the AP, it's for the Florida resident 4 day Discovery ticket. There are no such blockout dates for the AP, other than what is usual for the different passes.

But the cast member blockouts are quite interesting. Makes one think that the week before Memorial Day will be soft openings and AP or DVC only previews, and that the land will likely open June 1st.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom