New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

rael ramone

Earlier I posted that this was a 'change meant to enhance revenue' that was a good one.... one that was a benefit for all guests...

After browsing some of the comments in the thread I'd say that they missed here....

While for my own touring it's a positive (I could care less about 'opening shows' so early access to MSUSA is a win for me) it's not a win for those who liked the previous opening show and found the new one not as good.

While a person who is a railroad buff would likely never prefer a show that removes the railroad component, it's for everyone else who liked the opening show they needed to have the show at least be a lateral move, not a downgrade...

I think with the additional food & beverage sales and additional time viewing merchandise they could have done better and still have improved the bottom line...

discos

Is the actor who's playing the Sir Sterling Town Crier character one of the narrators in the frozen sing a long? Because it wouldn't make sense for them to hire a new equity actor just for the new welcome show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the actor who's playing the Sir Sterling Town Crier character one of the narrators in the frozen sing a long? Because it wouldn't make sense for them to hire a new equity actor just for the new welcome show.

They still have Citizens of Main Street and the Royal Majesty Makers to pull from. Not to mention any CM who will later staff a store or attraction or give a tour or don a costume and is part time equity.

Thumper 32

They still have Citizens of Main Street and the Royal Majesty Makers to pull from. Not to mention any CM who will later staff a store or attraction or give a tour or don a costume and is part time equity.

Sir Sterling IS one of the Royal Majesty Makers. He continues to be in Fantasyland for the rest of the day after doing the welcome show. Same as the Main Street Citizens did with the old show.

Also, Lady Llewellyn, another of the RMM does the new welcome show some mornings as well. Not sure if Tobias or Bridget will do it also.

AC21075

Ok, so I haven't seen this answered - if the Magic Kingdom opens at 8am on the day in question, will they actually open Main Street at 7? If they drop the Castle welcome show (at 7:45 or whatever), that's fine. But I'm unclear when the turnstiles open.

Princess Leia

@JillC LI This is the hashbrown hot dog
nbiamk7978678422.jpg

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...d-now-offering-some-sort-of-breakfast-hot-dog

Princess Leia

Thank you for the pic! It's an unusual looking presentation, isn't it. I gather those are hashbrowns along with bacon, cheese and chives on that dog? Doesn't look as enticing as I'd imagined it.
I agree. I think it looks a little over stuffed? If it was just a hot dog that was cut up, with hashbrowns, cheese, and chives on top (with no bun), I might have actually considered eating one?

AC21075

Ok, so I haven't seen this answered - if the Magic Kingdom opens at 8am on the day in question, will they actually open Main Street at 7? If they drop the Castle welcome show (at 7:45 or whatever), that's fine. But I'm unclear when the turnstiles open.
Anybody figure this out? EMH or otherwise? I'll buy a hash brown dog for anybody who can tell me when I can get into Main St. when the park officially opens at 8am...

Nannaaa

I have read all the way through this thread and the park blog site and no where does anyone ask or say anything about Morning Extra Magic Hours! Hopefully it won't cause to many issues getting to the rides when they are having to keep non resort guests on the hub and Main st.

I am interested in an answer to this as well. Whoever gets to experience Extra Magic Hours with the new rope drop, please post.

slackhouse

Any insight into how this affects lines for Mickey and Tink at Town Square Theater? Is it open when guests are waiting for the new show to start? We normally go straight to see Mickey at rope drop on our 2nd MK day. I need to know if I need to adjust plans to get there early now that this change is in effect.

Goofyernmost

We could never figure that one out... what 7 lands? lol
This is how I think they figured it out. 1. Main Street USA. 2. Adventureland, 3. Frontierland. 4. Liberty Square. 5. Fantasyland. 6. Tomorrowland and 7. What used to be Toon Town or Mickeys place or whatever they called it. Which was torn down and became part of Fantasyland again. Or 6 lands now.

Mark P.

Anybody figure this out? EMH or otherwise? I'll buy a hash brown dog for anybody who can tell me when I can get into Main St. when the park officially opens at 8am...
It's been a few weeks now -- does anyone have any update on the EMH situation? Our current plan has us at MK from "rope drop" to close (with an obligatory midday Mizner's break) on a day with AM EMH, and while seeing the show isn't a "must-do" I'm curious how it will affect crowd flow that morning...

wdrive

It's been a few weeks now -- does anyone have any update on the EMH situation? Our current plan has us at MK from "rope drop" to close (with an obligatory midday Mizner's break) on a day with AM EMH, and while seeing the show isn't a "must-do" I'm curious how it will affect crowd flow that morning...

This may be of some help
http://www.*******.com/easy/blog/ma...e-train-rope-drop-with-new-opening-procedure/

EDIT: The website seems to be an enemy of WDWMagic. Put 'e-a-s-y-w-d-w' without the dashes in place of the stars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom