2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

Tony the Tigger

I was very underwhelmed by Light Lab. The "Glownut" was a donut with frosting. The cotton candy/vanilla tonic water drink was awful. You've been warned.

We took a quick look are Light Lab and left without trying anything. It was obvious everything was going to be way too sweet. We joked about how they spun the sugar to make cotton candy only to dissolve it into the drink... they could have just put a teaspoon of the unspun sugar right into the drink for the same result without the extra step of spinning it. Also, peeved at the lack of signage showing what the drinks were. Had to get close to the register to find out.

If you're reading this Mr. Walt Epcot, you need to seriously change up what "Light Lab" is or dump it... it's not working.

Completely agree. Other than kids thinking a glow in the dark doughnut is cool, I don't see this as enjoyable.

It's a good first stop to grab a flight of beer to hold you over until you get to a better booth!

rocketraccoon

Might be passholder only, but in Wonders of Life/Festival Center they give out free samples of almond-y smoothies from 9 to 11am each day. They really aren't impressive at all and just taste like ice with just a hint of almond milk, but free is free.

MarkTwain

Anyone have an idea what the giant stage set up at the entrance to World Showcase this weekend was for? It was pretty unsightly, I'll be glad to see it gone...

Cake

I was underwhelmed by the LightLab. Food at all the kiosks was excellent. Wine selections were so so. We found better beer choices, which is okay if I’m going to a beer festival. We were able to eat/drink at 8 kiosks. We go back on the last day and I have a few more kiosks I definitely want to try.

michmousefan

It wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, just not well executed.
For place where glowing illuminated things was the draw, it actually wasn't dark enough... there's a better way to pull that off, but I'm not quite sure what it is... they needed it to be more intimate and romantic, not just a room with some displays and a bar. For the amount of space they had, it should have been a place where you wanted to hang out and enjoy your drink... of course, also having better food and drink options would have helped. BUT, it's the first year for this... perhaps they can make improvements for next year.

Tony the Tigger

For place where glowing illuminated things was the draw, it actually wasn't dark enough... there's a better way to pull that off, but I'm not quite sure what it is... they needed it to be more intimate and romantic, not just a room with some displays and a bar. For the amount of space they had, it should have been a place where you wanted to hang out and enjoy your drink... of course, also having better food and drink options would have helped. BUT, it's the first year for this... perhaps they can make improvements for next year.

I'm hopeful they will!

I'd expect mostly more creative drinks to fit the theme.

rocketraccoon

The L'Orange cotton candy is kinda disappointing. It just tastes like regular cotton candy with a vague citrus aftertaste. Maybe the batch mine came from didn't have enough flavoring, I dunno. Still a lot of cotton candy though.

The loaded mac n cheese is killer and pretty filling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom