1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Kylo Ken, Nov 24, 2016.

1. raymusiccity

raymusiccity Well-Known Member

Not exactly 'merchandise', but, I think that Annual Passholders will be disappointed in the step down this year during Food & Wine.

The latest edition of the Passholder Newsletter is excited to announce:

"Yes, it's good to be a Passholder. And during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, it's going to be even better. Stop by the Festival Center with your valid annual pass for the opportunity to receive your specialty buttons."

There's a big difference between providing souvenir wine glasses to their Passholders, (as in years past), and giving out buttons!

CJR, Wolf43, Tori and 8 others like this.
  2. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Agree. Unfortunately for me, I must have washed my drink glass one time too many because it broke. I do have the wine glass from the year before though.

3. rocketraccoon

rocketraccoon Well-Known Member

Aww man, the drink glass they gave out last year was a nice change of pace.

4. Mark P.

Mark P. Well-Known Member

Completely meaningless gesture. I'd almost prefer they don't even bother recognizing Passholders at all rather than a half-hearted attempt like this.

CJR, jaklgreen, DInnocentOne and 2 others like this.
  5. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

6. zakattack99

zakattack99 Well-Known Member

If you want to see some crazy, outdated, and backward alcohol laws come to PA!

Also of course this would be the year Chase dumps the festival... I just got my Disney Visa!

7. rocketraccoon

They seem to be setting up merchandise locations at the moment. The Odyssey's dining area is filled with racks and signage from last year's Food & Wine and this year's Flower & Garden. The VISION House in Innoventions East that usually has passholder stuff also removed whatever they were using to black out the automatic sliding door with temporary walls.

From outside The Odyssey:
    [​IMG]

The same sign in the VISION House last year:
    [​IMG]

Presumably it'll change. I don't think I remember what the keepsake box even was.

8. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Premium Member

I hope this hasn't been posted already – I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

During a phone call with Disney Visa® Card from Chase today, I mentioned that we would be up there soon and appreciate the Chase lounge especially to get out of the heat or rain.

To my surprise, I found out Chase is not sponsoring food and wine this year, therefore there will be no chase lounge.

Bummer! I wonder if they will use the space for something else? Or is that where I heard they were building D 23?

9. NearTheEars

NearTheEars Well-Known Member

Well that stinks. And I'm guessing you mean Club 33.

roj2323 and Tony the Tigger like this.
  10. Tony the Tigger

That is what I meant. It was the middle of the night LOL. Thank you !

11. matt9112

matt9112 Well-Known Member

guess you will be stuck with us mere mortals this year ;)

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  12. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

13. Tony the Tigger

Well, I wouldn't go that far. But they did fix that one beer law! (ba-dum bum!)

JohnD likes this.
  14. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

Has this been posted here yet?

"This year's event will celebrate Epcot's 35th anniversary by featuring 35 unique Marketplaces, bringing back some heritage foods, and more! One of the new offerings will be found in the Odyssey pavilion, which will become the Epcot Legacy Showplace. Featuring displays of Epcot's rich history and a selection of throwback treats, the Legacy Showplace will be open until the end of the festival."

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/08/new-epcot-legacy-showplace-coming-soon.html

A picture of the F&W park map cover is also in the link.

15. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Sounds much like what was done for the Festival of the Arts
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...-international-festival-of-the-arts/29428.htm

16. rocketraccoon

Signs for Food & Wine have popped up on the doors to Wonders of Life.

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  17. rocketraccoon

[​IMG]
    Remarkably low quality photo of the sign on the sliding doors to Wonders of Life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The merchandise racks that were in the Odyssey last week now have Epcot 35 graphics on them, although stuff from last year's Food & Wine and this year's Flower & Garden are still visible. Nothing else notable in that area, nor in the VISION House where Passholder stuff usually is.

18. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

I am disappointed in the passholder buttons. Buttons, really? What am I going to do with that? Although they do not have to give us anything, I would prefer that if they did then it would be something useful. They could have easily taken those cute designs and made a coaster set out of them. At least that would have been something I would use at home.

19. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

Buttons....could it possibly be cheaper and more useless? I think like Cracker Jacks, the perks will just keep getting cheaper and cheaper while the prices rise and rise...Look for temporary tattoos next year...the ones you lick and stick on your arm... the following year will probably be a special commemorative postcard...wow ! It's better than ever to be a passholder! Fewer attractions than ever, and a crappy button I would never wear!

20. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

What I would give to get a replacement cocktail glass. Mine broke in the dishwasher earlier this year. Sigh. . .