Puck style MagicBand 2 is official

cindy_k

Is that Michael in your Avatar?
Its a picture from the MK barbershop from about 10 years ago. That's my son getting his haircut. I think the barber's name was Michael.
He put a clear glow-in-blacklight gel on my son's face too(eyebrows, nose, upper lip, ear tips). When we went on Buzz Lightyear later in the day, it all glowed.
He also put some glitter in my curly hair (which amused my family - I think it took me two days to get it all out).
It was a very fun and memorable trip.

EOD K9

He has cut my hair on three occasions over the course of three years. Oddly enough, he did remember me with , "Didn't I cut your hair last year"?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I'm not quite flabbergasted per se, but I am definitely very surprised that the mouse hasn't offered a legitimate set of watches that contain the magicband guts inside them. I know they have a difficult enough time with the short range touch rfid part of the system that adding a metal casing would probably be a show stopper.

But if they actually have made any improvements with this new release, I can tell you that they would get my money if they offered a men's chronograph style watch with a classic Mickey face that actually was your magicband. Probably would end up being a daily go-to watch even at home.

LongLiveTheKing

So the past few pages of this thread are about needing IDs and stuff... Does anyone have experience with Magic Band 2 and how do they like it next to the original ones?

mergatroid

I'm not quite flabbergasted per se, but I am definitely very surprised that the mouse hasn't offered a legitimate set of watches that contain the magicband guts inside them. I know they have a difficult enough time with the short range touch rfid part of the system that adding a metal casing would probably be a show stopper.

But if they actually have made any improvements with this new release, I can tell you that they would get my money if they offered a men's chronograph style watch with a classic Mickey face that actually was your magicband. Probably would end up being a daily go-to watch even at home.

A good idea but perhaps the touching would damage the watch face?

lazyboy97o

A good idea but perhaps the touching would damage the watch face?
The Mickey-to-Mickey touching is a design choice made by Disney and not based in technology constraints. The smart watches and smartphones that include NFC do not require such touching to work. The precision required of the MagicBand really is a failing that should be corrected.

ToTBellHop

They made watch faces (one digital, one analog, both ugly). We have one that undoubtedly won't fit on MB2.0 but I don't gather they'd sold very well.

I am Timmy

Has anyone gotten the MagicBand 2 yet? I've been reading they are flimsier than the original and fall off easier when worn as a bracelet. Curious if this is going to be a widespread problem.

DisneyDreamer08

Are just the bands standard (free) with a resort stay, or can you choose which option you want? If I wanted one of the clip on key chains would I have to pay for that even if I was staying on site? Does anyone know how much the different options are?

Dr.GrantSeeker

I just customized mine for my Feb 12, 2017 arrival. Do you think we'll be getting the new bands?
Has anyone gotten the MagicBand 2 yet? I've been reading they are flimsier than the original and fall off easier when worn as a bracelet. Curious if this is going to be a widespread problem.

I ordered my MagicBands about 3 weeks ago for a trip in February. They just got here last week and they are indeed MB2. I would say yes, you will be getting a new MagicBand. I have tried it on and I personally didn't have any problem wearing it around.

toolsnspools

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but they require a screwdriver to remove the puck. I was thinking that it would just pop out of the wristband...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom