"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

donsullivan

Premium Member
So Lagy Gaga's bit on the roof was not live. That explains the weird edit on her jump.

Correct. The whole segment with the drones behind her was pre-recorded last week.

Update: According to Intel, the owners and pilots of the drones the version that was broadcast was recorded on January 30.

Last edited:

drizgirl

Correct. The whole segment with the drones behind her was pre-recorded last week.

Update: According to Intel, the owners and pilots of the drones the version that was broadcast was recorded on January 30.
Game day had a "no fly zone" over the stadium. The drones had to fly before that was in place.

Biff215

Game day had a "no fly zone" over the stadium. The drones had to fly before that was in place.
That may be true (not sure it applies to drones), but Intel said it was due to unpredictable weather. In other words, they didn't want to experience any issues while the world was watching. Can't blame them, look how long it took Disney to fine tune their show.

There's video on Twitter taken from inside the stadium that shows Gaga suddenly appear in spotlights. Clearly she didn't jump from above last night.

Pepsi and Intel logos at the end looked CGI to me but I could be wrong.

JoeCamel

The entire opening sequence on the roof was not live during the show. It was pretty obvious it was pre-filmed. I'd just like to know how they were able to film that and not have it leak in advance :eek:

It did leak. There were questions about a rooftop performance way before the event.

JoeCamel

I am well aware there were 'rumors' before the event as far back as December. I was obviously asking how were they able to film this entire roof sequence earlier in the week and it have any footage leaked. Unless it did and I just missed it.
No footage "leaked" but the fact she was on the roof did. Easy to control the video when the responsible party is the only one that has it and you only have to hold it safe for a week.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
No footage "leaked" but the fact she was on the roof did. Easy to control the video when the responsible party is the only one that has it and you only have to hold it safe for a week.

I thought that there would have been some leaked drone footage. With thousands of colorful lights floating over Houston, I would have thought that someone would have noticed. :)

ABQ

I thought that there would have been some leaked drone footage. With thousands of colorful lights floating over Houston, I would have thought that someone would have noticed. :)
NRG is off out of the way, next to the Astrodome with little in the area but parking lots and no tall buildings. From a distance, they're probably not as visible as you'd think.

Phil12

Let's think about the jump.

How could she jump, attach cables, and hold microphone while.accelerating at 9.8 m/sec^2?
Obviously hidden cables must have been attached to a very effective set of decelerating suspenders worn by the Electropop Diva.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom