"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a long exposure of the drones painting the sky.

DSC04977-2.jpg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Anyone know what is going to happen now that the holidays are over? What are the chances of a new "best of Disney" type show coming in (say) March or April where the drones make shapes such as Mickey's face while "Mickey Mouse March" plays, or Olaf while "Let it Go" plays, or a big rose for a Beauty and the Beast segment? Or is it more likely that the next time we see drones will be when they are incorporated into one of the main parks' nighttime shows? I kind of like the idea of a night time show at Disney Springs, but I'm doubtful that they would keep a night time show at a venue with free admission.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone know what is going to happen now that the holidays are over? What are the chances of a new "best of Disney" type show coming in (say) March or April where the drones make shapes such as Mickey's face while "Mickey Mouse March" plays, or Olaf while "Let it Go" plays, or a big rose for a Beauty and the Beast segment? Or is it more likely that the next time we see drones will be when they are incorporated into one of the main parks' nighttime shows? I kind of like the idea of a night time show at Disney Springs, but I'm doubtful that they would keep a night time show at a venue with free admission.
As far as I know this is for the holidays only, and is a limited time deal.

I would except to see them next in the parks, but you never know.

Rteetz

Drone show is over at disney springs. My boat driver just a bit ago said the drones are being packed up and sent to Germany where they came from. Apparently that's where Intel got them from.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Drone show is over at disney springs. My boat driver just a bit ago said the drones are being packed up and sent to Germany where they came from. Apparently that's where Intel got them from.
Yep they have very relaxed rules on drone usage in Germany, which made the testing very straightforward. Disney ere back and forth to Germany during the show's development.

Rteetz

Yep they have very relaxed rules on drone usage in Germany, which made the testing very straightforward. Disney ere back and forth to Germany during the show's development.
Cool. Any idea if we will see drones back at WDW anytime soon?

Rteetz

I would expect to see them next time inside a park, and more than likely a customized Disney version that WDI have been working on, rather than the standard Intel drone.
Are we looking at a couple years down the road or are we going to see it sooner than that?

dennis-in-ct

Good use of the drones in the half time show. Could actually make out the shapes.

So when Disney comes up with a show that uses drones, I think most people will assume "they saw it first" at the Super bowl halftime show. The use of Drones for Gaga's halftime show was well-done and memorable.

I love the use of the synchronized light torches in the crowd. Reminds me of the WORLD OF COLOR Mickey Ears.

So ... is intel behind all this technology and Disney just hires them as a contractor?

Magic Feather

So when Disney comes up with a show that uses drones, I think most people will assume "they saw it first" at the Super bowl halftime show. The use of Drones for Gaga's halftime show was well-done and memorable.

I love the use of the synchronized light torches in the crowd. Reminds me of the WORLD OF COLOR Mickey Ears.

So ... is intel behind all this technology and Disney just hires them as a contractor?
Intel was partnering with Disney, using their shooting stars for Starbright. Most future Disney uses of drones should be dealt either all, or majority Disney.

articos

Intel came up with the drone technology and the programming software with input from WDI and others through the development of the technology. Walt Disney Creative Entertainment came up with the show in conjunction with WDI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom