Holidays at Disney Springs 2016

Brian Swan

Am I the only one that was expecting the trees to be more along the lines of these?
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/12/DWRCT580610-679x1024.jpg
17_Epcot.jpg

ASD-11192015+-+15.jpg

Holidays-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom_Full_22714.jpg
I was not expecting trees THAT size, but at least 9 or 12 foot trees would have been nice. Hell, I've got 5 9-foot trees in my house...

Brian Swan

this is completely disappointing...they look like amateur trees done for donation... not at all what it should be. Scale is ridiculous, I wish Disney would call me. I could actually turn this into an attraction... Wait til you see the new tree and lighting I designed for Gaylord Palms this year ...
You hit it right on the mark. These trees remind me of the ones my church does to raise money for charities; individuals or groups decorate trees and then they are auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Bocabear

Unfortunately, Disney products come with a pedigree, and what would work for the Springfield Museum Guild Festival of Trees will not work for Disney Springs... Expectation for qualiity and scale are much higher. While these trees maybe perfectly nice, they lack the fabulousness to be an attraction. If they do not have the resources to pull this off properly as an attraction, light the heck out of the trees and mass them in grouping throughout Disney Springs.... But this is not attraction worthy... disappointing.

Figment82

Posted this on the DS sub-forum, but I'll copy it here in the main thread:

They need much better lighting for this at night. We walked through after dinner last night and could barely see any of the trees. We quickly passed through and went on our way. The entirety of DS was packed to the gills last night, but the trail was hardly crowded at all. It was a nice idea, but looks like it was thrown together last minute. Plus, we were only there for maybe 3 songs, but it sounded like they were playing the music loop from Osborne, which made it worse. ;)

The rest of the decorations around DS are beautiful and very tastefully done to match their surroundings. They had a tree on a flatbed truck behind the Hess station - looks like it will be going in near that metal corkscrew that you can turn by Guest Relations.

note2001

Pulling back my expectations an criticism, and pretending to look at these through the eyes of a 5 year old: To my 5 year old self, they're magical. It really doesn't take a lot to impress little ones. The parents would see this in their child's eyes and also feel the same.

Maybe Disney needs to add a sign at the entrance that reads "Adults must be accompanied by a child."

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If this was just something that did without announcing it or anything, it would've been a neat little bonus decoration. But don't announce this I pretend like it's something.

This feels like that gave a couple interns 50 bucks and a box of ornaments from the Christmas shop.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
My god look at all these Disney haters! Oh dare you not find the positive in this!
It's better than nothing. just don't advertise it like it's going to be something when it's about as neat as just looking through the Christmas shops. It doesn't, imo, make anything worse. it just isn't really much of a plus.

21stamps

this is completely disappointing...they look like amateur trees done for donation... not at all what it should be. Scale is ridiculous, I wish Disney would call me. I could actually turn this into an attraction... Wait til you see the new tree and lighting I designed for Gaylord Palms this year ...
You do Gaylord Palms at Christmastime?
That place is AMAZING at Christmas!!!

21stamps

Pulling back my expectations an criticism, and pretending to look at these through the eyes of a 5 year old: To my 5 year old self, they're magical. It really doesn't take a lot to impress little ones. The parents would see this in their child's eyes and also feel the same.

Maybe Disney needs to add a sign at the entrance that reads "Adults must be accompanied by a child."
This is exactly what I thought. Also, from the description on the website I wasn't expecting too much. They're themed trees, I didn't expect them to be huge. Didn't expect them to be so small either though. Maybe Disney did that so the kids would have an easier time seeing them. All of us see big beautifully decorated trees all season, I think they all start to run together in a child's mind.. The DS tree "trail" is something a little different.

Disone

My god look at all these Disney haters! Oh dare you not find the positive in this!

Someone once told me how they felt about me using hyperbole to make my points. I don't remember who;) That said, this tree trail is a bit sad. I do like the suggestion of just spreading the trees around the market place like the Easter Eggs around World Showcase. But as a stand alone attraction, this is lack luster and "leafs: a lot to be desired.

djkidkaz

I actually really like the tree trail idea. I hope that they give it another shot next year. Maybe make it Donald's Christmas Tree Lot or something and have some of the trees decorated? Or I had the same thought someone else mentioned which was to do a Remy-style scavenger hunt like they do at Epcot for F&G and F&W. You have to find all the decorated trees in Disney Springs and then you get a special pin.

21stamps

I actually really like the tree trail idea. I hope that they give it another shot next year. Maybe make it Donald's Christmas Tree Lot or something and have some of the trees decorated? Or I had the same thought someone else mentioned which was to do a Remy-style scavenger hunt like they do at Epcot for F&G and F&W. You have to find all the decorated trees in Disney Springs and then you get a special pin.
I love the idea of Donald's Christmas Tree Lot! I'm actually glad that they're all in the same area though. We aren't spending too much time at Dosney Springs, and as it stands is a relatively quick activity that is very realistic for us to fit in.

COProgressFan

I have a five year old. I don't think she'd be impressed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom