First look at AbracadaBar

flyerjab

We stopped in for about an hour earlier this week. The space is fantastically themed and I love that it has extremely subtle Imagineering touches. The posters of the famous wizards that disappeared each change a bit during the course of the day, and each has its own backstory. The servers are great at interacting with the guests. I love that they have added this to the Boardwalk area. A re-imagined Flying Fish, Ample Hills and the Abracadabar coupled with the Boardwalk Bakery, Trattoria al Forno and ESPN Club really rounds out this side of the Boardwalk quite nicely.

Nausicaä

We stopped in for about an hour earlier this week. The space is fantastically themed and I love that it has extremely subtle Imagineering touches. The posters of the famous wizards that disappeared each change a bit during the course of the day, and each has its own backstory. The servers are great at interacting with the guests. I love that they have added this to the Boardwalk area. A re-imagined Flying Fish, Ample Hills and the Abracadabar coupled with the Boardwalk Bakery, Trattoria al Forno and ESPN Club really rounds out this side of the Boardwalk quite nicely.

It sounds like a bit of fun. I think I may pop in for a drink the next time I am there. Was it hard to get into, like Trader Sam's?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If only a magician in that bar could turn my beer into a Heady Topper, right? This is supposed to be the place dreams come true.

Mmm Heady Topper from The Alchemist the best double IPA out there, With 'Sip of Sunshine' a very close second, It's time for a run to VT to restock.

Sans Souci

Hoping they hire a strolling magician this place is begging for some magic- as are potential patrons. Definitely a missed opportunity thus far.

It's a very small space. I went a few weeks ago and I liked that it is understated. Don't flame me, but Trader Sam's feels a bit much after 20 minutes.

Besides, the backstory of the place is all of magicians featured on the posters disappeared after performing, so I doubt any magician would want to risk his or her life to perform some card tricks for patrons. ;)

The Hatbox Ghost

Good point; with that backstory it would make little sense to have a strolling magician there. But how about a few ghostly effects to toy with those partying in their lounge? The posters are a great start maybe there will be more to come.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I think Disney needs to call in Shawn Farquhar. I saw him last week on the Disney Fantasy during the KK 2nd Annual Family Cruise. The man was just simply AMAZING. Take a look on Youtube for his videos of his appearances on Penn & Teller's Fool Us TV show. Marie

Magenta Panther

This. Yes, yes and 1000 times yes- WDW needs a Magic Shop.

Hmmm...yeah, if it could be themed around the Sorcerer's Apprentice, that could be awesome. And Disney could sell magical staffs, like Merlin's and Maleficent's, not to mention wands like the Fairy Godmother's and the Blue Fairy's. And the Imagineers could go nuts with it, add a lot of cool effects, make it a huge step above Ollivander's in Universal. Yeah, a Magic Shop could be an excellent addition. :)

Alejandro

This. Yes, yes and 1000 times yes- WDW needs a Magic Shop.
When I was a little boy, the end to every Disney trip was me walking into the Magic store and the penny arcade on Main Street and getting a cheesy little trick.
These stores gave Main Street such a distinctive feel, now it's all really just a facade with the same stuff you can find at the mega store in Downtown Disney.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Last week on the Family Cruise sponsored by KK One of the entertainments on the Disney Fantasy was Shawn Farquhar. He was AMAZING!!!! Look up his videos from Penn & Teller Fool Us. He is a very funny warm person and that makes his magic all that much more affecting!!! I could see him doing a start up shop at DS. Marie

Professortango1

When I was a little boy, the end to every Disney trip was me walking into the Magic store and the penny arcade on Main Street and getting a cheesy little trick.
These stores gave Main Street such a distinctive feel, now it's all really just a facade with the same stuff you can find at the mega store in Downtown Disney.

Luckily Disneyland still has theirs. It was almost lost then they let a 3rd party rent the space to keep the magic shop open. The downside is I no longer get a discount on tricks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom