Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

spiritofNorway

It's definitely opening at 9am, but technical problems may cause it to break down, but I highly doubt that the ride itself would have issues as it is just reusing the same path. What could break down are the AA's. Mexico is going to open at 9am as well along with the ride, and the restaurant inside which will now serve breakfast.
*The outside restaurant I believe it is...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So its just a few hours away from the grand opening now! Im exited for the chaos to break out, anywhere this will be live streamed?

As a former cast of the ride I hope that they have done some grips to make the ride not estop all the time. The biggest reason for the stops is overweight in the boats, since people are way more fat now than in the 80's the ride had like atleast 2-3 estops during the day. With FEA it will be more pressure on the casts to make the numbers and more likely alot more estops than earlier if they havent fixed this problem somehow. The problem is with a heavy boat front row the boat dosent go completely into swing 1 in the correct time with makes the sensors shut down.

Will there be more boats running? With Maelstrom the boat numbers were cut by 1-2 due to sensorissues which caused estops cause the boats stopped going at the speed they were suppose to (most likely due to overweight). This resulted in us only having a capacity of around 1000 guests per hour. Even with 12 hours operation only half of the Epcot guests will be able to ride this.

Its going to be an interesting day!

1000 guests per hour

This should be fun

Thank goodness the Mexico ride is opening early too to cut down the frozen traffic ;)

Disney realizing the frozen ride location was a mistake in 5....4....3....2....

Clamman73

195255.gif

t3techcom18

So its just a few hours away from the grand opening now! Im exited for the chaos to break out, anywhere this will be live streamed?

As a former cast of the ride I hope that they have done some grips to make the ride not estop all the time. The biggest reason for the stops is overweight in the boats, since people are way more fat now than in the 80's the ride had like atleast 2-3 estops during the day. With FEA it will be more pressure on the casts to make the numbers and more likely alot more estops than earlier if they havent fixed this problem somehow. The problem is with a heavy boat front row the boat dosent go completely into swing 1 in the correct time with makes the sensors shut down.

Will there be more boats running? With Maelstrom the boat numbers were cut by 1-2 due to sensorissues which caused estops cause the boats stopped going at the speed they were suppose to (most likely due to overweight). This resulted in us only having a capacity of around 1000 guests per hour. Even with 12 hours operation only half of the Epcot guests will be able to ride this.

Its going to be an interesting day!

To sum it up, nope. From what my peeps have told me from the Epcot CM preview, it's only 12 people per boat (I think that's reduced from before) with a capability of running 9 or 10 boats at once. As for efficiency....lolz. It's still only grouping one boat at a time for two at 28 second dispatch interval.

As for estops....let me put it to you this way: many of my friends were able to go yesterday. Only a handful were actually able to ride it. When people say that it's not a question of whether it will be open, but for how long/Epcot brass giving out contingency plans for today...it's going to be a VERY interesting day indeed.

spiritofNorway

To sum it up, nope. From what my peeps have told me from the Epcot CM preview, it's only 12 people per boat (I think that's reduced from before) with a capability of running 9 or 10 boats at once. As for efficiency....lolz. It's still only grouping one boat at a time for two at 28 second dispatch interval.

As for estops....let me put it to you this way: many of my friends were able to go yesterday. Only a handful were actually able to ride it. When people say that it's not a question of whether it will be open, but for how long/Epcot brass giving out contingency plans for today...it's going to be a VERY interesting day indeed.
Theyre probably going back on the number of people allowed in the boat. When I worked there we could put 16 ppl in the boats, a bit before I arrived it was 15. 3 in the front. The new boats were suppose to handle more guests but I dont think it worked out too well since we had so many estops.

Its a good thing they lowered the ppl per boat for the opening period as this probably will reduce estops. Then maybe increase it in the future... (As if)

t3techcom18

Theyre probably going back on the number of people allowed in the boat. When I worked there we could put 16 ppl in the boats, a bit before I arrived it was 15. 3 in the front. The new boats were suppose to handle more guests but I dont think it worked out too well since we had so many estops.

Its a good thing they lowered the ppl per boat for the opening period as this probably will reduce estops. Then maybe increase it in the future... (As if)

It's now 4 rows of 3. If there is a single rider, they will get a row to themselves. If someone is really chubby, only two people in that row.

A few days ago, they tested the boats with 16 people. It didn't just estop, the boat completely bottomed out.

ToTBellHop

That would give a theoretical hourly capacity of 1542. Not as dreadful as I thought, but we won't get ANYWHERE near that number.

RSoxNo1

If they can dispatch at 28 second intervals that would be an improvement over Maelstrom. That would put it in the 1500 guest per hour area.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Only concern.... having watched the video - WDW has done something NEW: The boat backs up :).

LOVELY effect - but that's when it is NEW. To me? All personal - looks like a maintenance nightmare.

Cesar R M

plot twist.. they will soon add a "weight' sensor in the carpet in the entrance.. so CMs knows how to "arrange" people by weight :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom