Two big new features coming soon to MyMagic+

MrPromey

I used this yesterday at MK and it was a hot mess. I know it was the 1st day but I keep getting errors saying " Oops Something Went Wrong" and " No FP for MK are available at this time" this was at 11 AM. It seems much more bloated then they way it was setup before. I could pull in and push out times in a flash before now it seems like there are a few extra steps. This was just my real world experience yesterday. I am sure it will get better.

Yeah. Ran into this too. It was later in the day and I thought maybe they were busier St Epcot than I realized but then I saw things like The living dead which was of course a walk-on without anybody seeming to come through the fastpass line and Spaceship earth with s minimal wait and nobody coming through on the fastpass side.

Didn't think much of it because we were trying to get something last minute and weren't expecting Test Track or Ilkuminations or anything but it seems like maybe they just decided to cut it off at some point to address something, maybe?

Jon81uk

Since you could now pick just one fast pass for a park, could you then hop and pick your second and third at the new park? Most of the FP at Epcot we skip, especially since all the good rides are tier 1. Could we pick an early FP for test track, then head to the MK and make two more FP there, or do we still have to pick 3 in Epcot, presumably early so we can let them expire, before making a fourth (really the second we want) at another park?
We will be at Boardwalk in September, so it would be easy enough to be at rope drop, but not having to rush with a 4yo and my parents would be nice.

As far as I am aware it is now possible to do what you want, except once you've hopped you can only pick one at a time from what is left.

So pick one in advance at Epcot, then after that has used or expired you can book another one in another park, then after that is used or expired you can book another one. In this respect it works very much like old paper FP.

Retroman40

Visited the MK yesterday and as far as I'm concerned the system worked perfectly. Not only were we able to pick up a fourth and fifth FP+ but after using the third MDX advised me that we were eligible to pick a fourth immediately after we left the third attraction. Did the same after the fourth too. IMHO the changes add up to a big win for guests. I didn't visit a kiosk or try for a different park so I can't comment on how that is working.

gldc

So, I've just read this - http://www.themeparktourist.com/fea...easy-ways-hack-latest-version-fastpass?page=1

and number 3 says that now you can only make one tier 1 selection at epcot/HS per day period. So from what I understand... If i wanted to do test track i could fp it, but then there is no chance at all of me getting a fp for soarin for example later that day via fp+, can anyone confirm this?

This is a negative of this new system then. And this will only get worse as presumably frozen will be tier 1...so it'll be one of soarin/test track/frozen via fp+ and then standby queues for the others...

CaptainAmerica

This is a negative of this new system then. And this will only get worse as presumably frozen will be tier 1...so it'll be one of soarin/test track/frozen via fp+ and then standby queues for the others...
I actually think it's a huge positive. Letting people book multiple Tier 1 attractions in the same day has the potential to freeze out other people from getting any Tier 1 attractions. This actually answers the concerns of many critics who complain about same-day Fastpass availability. This will open up availability for afternoon and evening Fastpasses for those who prefer to sleep in and/or make their park decisions on a spur-of-the-moment basis.

The article you posted talks about ways to "hack" Fastpass+, i.e. borderline-dishonest ways to game the system. Any change that makes it more difficult to game the system, I'm all for.

gldc

I see both sides of the argument but it was great last year being able to get onto ToT, RnR and Toy Story by checking kiosks and the app throughout the day. Same with TT and Soarin last year.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
So, I've just read this - http://www.themeparktourist.com/fea...easy-ways-hack-latest-version-fastpass?page=1

and number 3 says that now you can only make one tier 1 selection at epcot/HS per day period. So from what I understand... If i wanted to do test track i could fp it, but then there is no chance at all of me getting a fp for soarin for example later that day via fp+, can anyone confirm this?

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. The app states you can't "plan" more than one Tier 1 selection per day, which I believe means you can't have more than one in your initial three selections. I'm almost positive it's still "whatever's available" once you've finished the initial three and the app lets you go into additional FP mode. I'll double check tomorrow to be sure.

There is still a distinction between the initial three selections and the one-at-a-time additional selections, though it might not be obvious since the initial three can also be booked individually.

DisneyPrincess5

I'm a bit late to this party, but I am VERY GLAD to see that this is moving forward. The bumps and kinks will be worked out in time, hopefully sooner rather than later, but great to see nonetheless. This has been a much needed change for a while. DH waited in a kiosk line for a half hour last trip to do something that took us literally 2 minutes, so this change will eliminate this issue.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
My previous post was correct. You are allowed to book additional Tier 1 selections one-at-a-time once you've used your initial three or they've expired. It's just like it was before.

Something else I've learned: when you reserve your initial three selections, you are limited to one park. However, as soon as you use your first selection, that restriction no longer applies and you can select from other parks, both for the remainder of your initial three selections (your selection at another park can even be a Tier 1 at this point!) and for your one-at-a-time additional FPs.

lemon meringue

Just made our July Fastpass reservations and I have to comment that the recent changes have made it so much better! It's great to be able to do each individually and choose the exact time that you'd prefer. It's also really easy to select different experiences for each person in the travel party. For example, as a family of four we usually stay together, but with a 6yo and a 3yo sometimes we need to split up because the younger child can't do everything the older one wants to. With the new system it was a breeze to keep us together for two attractions and then split us up for the third on the same day. Thumbs up!

Zipadeelady

Just made our July Fastpass reservations and I have to comment that the recent changes have made it so much better! It's great to be able to do each individually and choose the exact time that you'd prefer. It's also really easy to select different experiences for each person in the travel party. For example, as a family of four we usually stay together, but with a 6yo and a 3yo sometimes we need to split up because the younger child can't do everything the older one wants to. With the new system it was a breeze to keep us together for two attractions and then split us up for the third on the same day. Thumbs up!
Good to know! Thanks for posting. We will be scheduling our FP+ soon. :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
how about the extra FP bookings for the afternoon/evening hours once your first 3 are completed. Much availability left?
Some...it depends on the park. We were there last week and when we'd used our 3 by early afternoon there was no availability for any of the most popular attractions. MK has the most FP offerings so there was always something to choose if you are flexible on time, but mostly for things like Small World, Little Mermaid, Philharmagic...

BrianV

Some...it depends on the park. We were there last week and when we'd used our 3 by early afternoon there was no availability for any of the most popular attractions. MK has the most FP offerings so there was always something to choose if you are flexible on time, but mostly for things like Small World, Little Mermaid, Philharmagic...

I've always booked my fast passes in the afternoon in park #2. Then my day would be AM at Park #1, lunch and swim at resort. Afternoon with fast passes at park #2. Doesn't sound like the new system should alter my plans? (I realize opinions may vary on how to best use FP+!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I've always booked my fast passes in the afternoon in park #2. Then my day would be AM at Park #1, lunch and swim at resort. Afternoon with fast passes at park #2. Doesn't sound like the new system should alter my plans? (I realize opinions may vary on how to best use FP+!)
Your plan sounds fine! It is nice to have those guaranteed afternoon/evening fastpasses when the parks are generally more crowded than they are in the mornings. :)

PaulaT

ok, you booked for July, could you get soarin or the new frozen ride ? What about animal kingdoms night time safari or rivers of light or even kali at night, cause the hours for july still show closing at 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom