Amorette's Patisserie announced for Disney Springs

roj2323

Next time your GF wants to go to DS let us know and we'll meet her there and actually socialize by having something with her. Just drop her off - no need for you to come in. :)
I socialized, I just didn't eat anything. I'm just a visual eater and I was not comfortable going up to the counter and getting something without knowing what exactly I was looking at. Picture menus would help greatly.

JohnWD

I socialized, I just didn't eat anything. I'm just a visual eater and I was not comfortable going up to the counter and getting something without knowing what exactly I was looking at. Picture menus would help greatly.
I see, I eat! I think I like your approach better!

halltd

The food is all right in front of you in glass cases. Why would you need a picture menu?

halltd

Descriptions telling me what's in each item is important to me.
What am I missing? The items are displayed under glass in all their yummy glory with descriptions of each item directly behind them...allergy notes are included as well.
IMG_5439.jpg

jaklgreen

What am I missing? The items are displayed under glass in all their yummy glory with descriptions of each item directly behind them...allergy notes are included as well.
IMG_5439.jpg
That is what I was thinking when I read the post. But maybe roj2323 does not understand some of the terms like chiffon, or pate de fruit. Basically all they are is cake with filling Except the pavlova, which is a meringue. I think that they are pretty well described but I bake so I know what all of that means. A quick google search on your phone could help you or you can ask at the counter. They cant possible list every single ingredient, after all when you get a cake it just says cake, not flour, eggs, etc. A lot of people, especially those that are not foodies, are afraid to try something if it sounds "too fancy". I live in the midwest and most of the people here are like that and turn their nose up at what they do not know. They think scones are fancy. I believe that a person should try everything at least once in their lives. These pastries are little works of art and more often then not are super delicious. Unless you have allergies, then pick one and enjoy. The worst thing that can happen is that it is not your favorite and so you do not get it again.

Last edited:

cindy_k

I visited on Friday night. I really enjoyed it. Its very entertaining while on line because you get to watch the pastry chefs work on decorating the cakes.
We were greeted near the door by a cast member who explained the process to us and pointed out the dumbwaiter and explained that everything was baked onsite upstairs.
Since it was quite busy, we had to wait on line a bit.
BJpSioz.jpg

qxUmXpM.jpg

JVtJ3Mo.jpg

4I5hNB7.jpg

When we got to the order taking section, we were helped by a cast member who took us to a counter section that had all the cakes available in it.
He asked us what our favorite flavors are and then he recommended some of the selections based on our responses.
I got a cheesecake, and my boyfriend got the key lime pie. Both were excellent.

After the CM puts your order on a tray, you move to the next station, the registers, to give any drink orders and pay.
If you just want some to go stuff that they have you can head straight to the registers.

They have a few standing tables to eat at inside, and there are some patio tables and chairs outside. We stood inside to eat, since a table had opened up right after we paid.

It is quite echoy noisy in the building. Outside would have been nicer but it was busy so I didn't want to miss out on the obvious quick table grab.
I will definitely visit again, though it will be a debate now between cakes or ice cream. :)

FigmentForver96

Just stopped by for a second time at Disney Springs to check this place out and oh my God if you haven't been you need to go....whenever you visit the resort of course. I didn't want to do anything crazy so I played safe and got the cheesecake. It was sweet but not to sweet to where you didn't feel like you could finish it. Honestly they have alot of good choices here and I expect myself to be back....a lot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom